club shop/typical latics

Sorry to start a new thread with a merge of 2 popular old threads but this is just a mild ' vent my spleen' action to which I expect/ hope for, no response.

Took my 13 yo to an appointment at the hossy yesterday afternoon after school (funnily enough) and thought I'd pick up my season ticket afterwards and buy her a shirt with my £20 voucher. Rolled up at 4,10pm, got season ticket and voucher, shop closed. To cut a long story short, shop closes at 3pm ,Q just in the close season?A no - all the year round, Q how are school children expected to shop?- A don't know, don't blame me.

I'm not criticising the young person in the ticket office as she was obviously right, but the whole situation did not bode well.

The club in this very small and isolated incident is left with one miffed fan and £ 20 short.

Sorry to start a new thread with a merge of 2 popular old threads but this is just a mild ' vent my spleen' action to which I expect/ hope for, no response.

Took my 13 yo to an appointment at the hossy yesterday afternoon after school (funnily enough) and thought I'd pick up my season ticket afterwards and buy her a shirt with my £20 voucher. Rolled up at 4,10pm, got season ticket and voucher, shop closed. To cut a long story short, shop closes at 3pm ,Q just in the close season?A no - all the year round, Q how are school children expected to shop?- A don't know, don't blame me.

I'm not criticising the young person in the ticket office as she was obviously right, but the whole situation did not bode well.

The club in this very small and isolated incident is left with one miffed fan and £ 20 short.

£20 up, surely?

Shuts at time for over year although its a good point about school children the shop is also very empty. Maybe one option is for a club employee to have a key and if someone wants to buy a shirt they could go in buy it.

£20 up, surely?

I may well be wrong but I thought I paid the same amount this year as i did last year, so if I'm buying a shirt this year that i wouldn't have bought last year doesn't that give the club more money than they would have had?

I think it's 3 everyday, had the same issue myself

9 till 3 Mon-Fri. Bit stupid closing at 3 since most people won't finish work/school until around/after then.

Fair enough, was just wondering as IIRC the shop has shut at 3 on a Wednesday, and only on a Wednesday, in the past.

It does seem silly that it shuts at 3 everyday, but is open at 9 everyday as I'd imagine shutting at 3 as opposed to 5 or even later looses the club more money than it gains by being open before noon Mon-Fri.

I may well be wrong but I thought I paid the same amount this year as i did last year, so if I'm buying a shirt this year that i wouldn't have bought last year doesn't that give the club more money than they would have had?

You said you were going to use the £20 voucher

Edited by HarryBosch

Given how quiet the shop/ticket office usually are, surprises me that we don't merge the two, and sell tickets out of the shop. Sure it'd sometimes mean longer queues, but would save costs and people would be more likely to buy merchandise, no?

Where did you get that classified information? Ask Jeeves? Freeserve search engine?

Not as difficult as finding on the OS site who the club plays in friendlies, you would have thought today they would give a mention to the youth team at Glossop tomorrow, but I can't see anything.

The website is not fit for purpose.

Edited by BP1960

the shop is open every Saturday and for evening matches til late and the club would have to pay overtime to cover this so adjusted shop opening times in these hard economic times to compensate . it was on os last year . pay attention at the back .

Would fans prefer four full days of opening, plus Saturdays, rather than the current fives days of 9-3 opening?

E.g. Closed on a Monday but open 9-5 Tuesday to Friday.

I'd rather it be open at the times when it will sell the most compared with staff costs. I'm not convinced that is 9-3 Mon-Fri and 9-noon Saturday plus up to kick-off on match days.

9-3 weekdays compared to 9-5 weekdays. Hobson's choice for people who work 9-5! Oooh open til 12 on Saturday? That's the only lie-in we have each week and are never going to get there before 12, and pretty sure we're not alone.

It'd be fairer (and better business sense) to have 3/4 days open 9-3 and 1/2 3-6 or 4-7. Then most people will be able to get to the shop within a week.

out of season, would be shocked if the shop took more than 100 quid a week.

Release of new kits should be bringing in a fair few quid surely?

It's around this time of year people start going away due to school's finishing, if the club stocked some summer stuff e.g. beach towels, beach balls, caps etc then they could be doing a steady bit of business for the off season in the club shop

They more than likely open when they have the most footfall. Dont forget they are open until kick off every game so you get what you need on your way to any match or on the official site. I know you cant use the £20 voucher on line but you cant expect them to give the shirts away for £20 then pay for extra staff to make sure nobody has to go out there way to get one.