Antonio Rodgers signs

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To get him more game time than sitting on our bench will do. I doubt we will send him out on loan to be honest, but I thought the slim chance merited a mention.

As Prozac says, going off the end of last season and the way LJ has talked about Mellor, I think he'll start the season in midfield. I'm not convinced Wes will be here come the start of the season tbh.

I'm with a lot of others on this; I can see Wes going before Baxter. Of course, we may all be wrong and no bugger's going but, by Christ, there'll be a scrap for first team places. If each of them can hack that, then it's all to the good.

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/20130712-rodgerssigns-910075.aspx

One year deal and an option of a further year. Expect Liverpool to be more than helpful in the loanee stakes :wink:

Chambers also confirming that Rooney WILL sign, needs to sort out legal issues first. (Swindon deal that fell through?)

Is there anyone worth taking Prozac, Ive been working 80 hour weeks and lost touch a bit... Maybe they have a centre half we can take??

There's the England u20 captain Conor Coady who has been on the fringe of the 1st team but they may want him

Roughed up in league one - helluva prospect, looks and plays like another Carragher...listed as a midfielder but every time I've seen he's played CB

There's the striker Adam Morgan who should have pushed on by now, anyone who loans him will reap serious rewards...

It will be Mellor + AN Other in our first choice midfield this season

You think?

Not sure. Now, I rate Mellor - always have since I saw him playing in the youth side during their FA Cup Run a few years back; BUT - his stagnation under Dickov has stalled him massively. It does appear LJ seems to rate him, and he was getting games at the back end of the season.....but for me, it'll be a case of taking his chance once he gets it, not a starting spot from the off.

Its Korey Smith + A N Other for me.....and, assuming he's still going to be here (lots of talk, just on here mind, that he wont be) that will be Wes for me.

I think Mellor has the talent and ability to take his chance and cement his place once he gets it...but, just in my opinion, i don't see that being from the off.

You think?

Not sure. Now, I rate Mellor - always have since I saw him playing in the youth side during their FA Cup Run a few years back; BUT - his stagnation under Dickov has stalled him massively. It does appear LJ seems to rate him, and he was getting games at the back end of the season.....but for me, it'll be a case of taking his chance once he gets it, not a starting spot from the off.

Its Korey Smith + A N Other for me.....and, assuming he's still going to be here (lots of talk, just on here mind, that he wont be) that will be Wes for me.

I think Mellor has the talent and ability to take his chance and cement his place once he gets it...but, just in my opinion, i don't see that being from the off.

If it is Smith + Wes, I doubt Mellor will have to wait long to get his chance, with Wes' injury record.