Oldham Athletic Referee Hall of Shame

Ian Williamson - Peterborough away 2008, gave two dodgy penalties and missed the attempted amputation of Daniel Jones's leg. Then later on in the season against Leyton Orient at Brisbane Road he gave another dodgy penalty against us

there's probably many more worse examples but he's one that sticks in my head, how about anyone else?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mick Fletcher Sept 1 2001. Tranmere away. 2-2

Absolute arsehole.

Gave the worst throw in decision of all time.

Winds me up now thinking about it.

Edited by pukka

Ian Williamson - Peterborough away 2008, gave two dodgy penalties and missed the attempted amputation of Daniel Jones's leg. Then later on in the season against Leyton Orient at Brisbane Road he gave another dodgy penalty against us

there's probably many more worse examples but he's one that sticks in my head, how about anyone else?

On a side note, that game at Posh was fantastic. Zakuani's unbelievable goalline clearance to deny Taylor in stoppage time stopped it from ranking up there with some of the very best League One aways.

Clattenburg. Don't remember when it was but think it might have been his first game ever. I do remember thinking there was no way this guy will ever get anywhere as a referee. Shocking.

When he sent Pogs off for....?

Still no idea, was in the last few minutes of a night match

Was that when pogo got sent off?

That game stands in my mind as the worst reffing I'd ever seen!

I seem to be in a minority of one, and it was a long time ago now, but I seem to recall Pogs definitely swung an elbow at their man : the rest of Clattenburgs display, however, was inept as piss...

The pogs incident. As soon as it happened my dad was shouting "he's just swung at him" - no one around it saw it, then.. the Red came out.

He was the only one around us who saw it.

I still don't believe it.

Kevin friend - Shefield Wednesday in C1cup

Woolmer - Shefield united (h) (anyone seeing a pattern)

And

For old times sake

Lee Probert - Liverpool - should have sent off Stirling and many petty decisions

But the winner is obviously

Micheal - Everton (a) - Gibson (handball), giving a foul every time smudge jumped , I could continue