Oldham Athletic Referee Hall of Shame

The pogs incident. As soon as it happened my dad was shouting "he's just swung at him" - no one around it saw it, then.. the Red came out.

He was the only one around us who saw it.

I still don't believe it.

Showed it clearly on Latics World, he swung and connected that after getting away with one 10 seconds earlier and Clattentwat warning him...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ian Williamson - Peterborough away 2008, gave two dodgy penalties and missed the attempted amputation of Daniel Jones's leg. Then later on in the season against Leyton Orient at Brisbane Road he gave another dodgy penalty against us

there's probably many more worse examples but he's one that sticks in my head, how about anyone else?

Let it go people, what is it with people learning the names of refs and such, just dont get it, far too easy to blame the ref, so many people at BP scream murder even when the decision is correct. We all biased to our team, but we expect every call to go our way , they dont support Latics aswell ya know. When we lose 3 nil , its not cos the guy in the middle is against us, its cos weve played utter :censored:e usually. All i expect is a bit of consistency, if they gonna give soft fouls, and soft yellows etc, lets have it the same for both teams

Let it go people, what is it with people learning the names of refs and such, just dont get it, far too easy to blame the ref, so many people at BP scream murder even when the decision is correct. We all biased to our team, but we expect every call to go our way , they dont support Latics aswell ya know. When we lose 3 nil , its not cos the guy in the middle is against us, its cos weve played utter :censored:e usually. All i expect is a bit of consistency, if they gonna give soft fouls, and soft yellows etc, lets have it the same for both teams

To be fair Trevor Kettles woeful "look at me " performance impacted on both teams on the day,and as I say in my earlier post it didn't just affect Latics.It was a terrible performance and as paying customers we should expect a whole lot better.

• 1 month later...

Michael Oliver leaves a bitter taste in my mouth, villain of the cup.

I dont like to wish death on people so I wont. But Im going to start a page similar to the one for Margaret thatcher to start street parties when he does eventually go to hell.

That would be poison dwarf andy woolmer...

I'll see your Andy Woolmer and raise you a Mark Cowburn. He ref'd the 4-1 win at BP against Plymouth and sent off Paul Wootton and Jermaine Johnson. Possibly the most inept performance I've ever seen from an official at BP.

where we lost 5-1?

I think we may have lost 2-1 to a late Bruce Dyer goal but I might be getting mixed up.

Scrub that, wrong game. That game was 2-2. Killen notched to make it 2-1 on 81 mins and Dyer equalised on 89 mins. Felt like a defeat mind!

Edited by danoafc

I think we may have lost 2-1 to a late Bruce Dyer goal but I might be getting mixed up.

most probably me getting mixed up but i do remember going to a 5-1 thrashing to barsnley away when andy ritchie was there manager... the ref was awful that day aswell!

most probably me getting mixed up but i do remember going to a 5-1 thrashing to barsnley away when andy ritchie was there manager... the ref was awful that day aswell!

Can only remember a 4-0 drubbing under Freddie f'in Boswell.

The game I'm thinking of was a 1-1 draw. The ref was Paul Danson (another total chopper) and he booked 7 of our players!

• 2 weeks later...

Trevor Kettle, was it Charlton at home? There's a cracking picture of M'Voto with a look of shock after Kettle sent him off for god knows what.

Think he had a shocker this season just gone too.

He reffed what was effectively a dead rubber against Yeovil at the end of Dickov's 1st season. They has previous with him, not sure I've ever seen a ref given such passionate abuse from minute 1 onwards but he managed to show that it was deserved. Whistling Kettle indeed.