season expectations.

How high do you think we can finish at best?

Where do you honestly think we will finish?

Would you accept a lower league position for a cup run, similar to last year?

3 for promotion?

4 for the drop?

Underachievers?

Overachievers?

Answers on a postcard

How high do you think we can finish at best? Realistically anyone can win it, but we wont, playoffs after a flirt with the top 2 would be an incredible season

Where do you honestly think we will finish? 17th

Would you accept a lower league position for a cup run, similar to last year? without a shadow of a doubt, one of the best season as a Latics fan purely ebcause of the cup run.

3 for promotion? Wolves, PNE, Sheff Utd

4 for the drop? Swindon, Port vale, Gillingham, Stevenage

Underachievers? MK Dons as usual, possibly Trannies as they are so massive

Overachievers? Brentford again maybe, Will Grigg is a real threat, fancy Bradford to go strong also

Answers on a postcard

How high do you think we can finish at best? 10th

Where do you honestly think we will finish? Between 10th-15th

Would you accept a lower league position for a cup run, similar to last year? Only if we survive.

3 for promotion? Wolves, Peterborough and Brentford

4 for the drop? Shrewsbury, Colchester, Bradford & Crawley

Underachievers? MK Dons & Preston - oh and not forgetting Sheff U

Overachievers? Rotherham - Brentford again.

Answers on a postcard

Edited by Latics_Fanatic

How high do you think we can finish at best? - 1st. if there is going to be a surprise package in the form of a team on a budget, why can't it be Oldham.

Where do you honestly think we will finish? - Top half of mid table

Would you accept a lower league position for a cup run, similar to last year? Absolutely not.

3 for promotion? - Wolves, Sheffield United, Bristol City

4 for the drop? Stevenage, Swindon, Shrewsbury, Walsall

Underachievers? MK Dons

Overachievers? Hopefully us

Answers on a postcard

How high do you think we can finish at best? Champions! That is the best anyone can finish...

Where do you honestly think we will finish? Mid-table to bottom half, which would be successful.

Would you accept a lower league position for a cup run, similar to last year? It would have to be a longer cup run, that's not to knock last season's at all! Just we were dire in league.

3 for promotion? Wolves, Bristol City, PNE with Brentford :censored:ing it up last minute again!

4 for the drop? Swindon, Colchester, Stevenage, Crawley.

Underachievers? Sheff Utd,

Overachievers? Rotherham, Bratfurd, Tranmere again (sadly)

Answers on a postcard

A frustrating season as the average age of the squad is very young. There will be spells where we look like world beaters and others we wouldn't even give the Dog and Duck a game.

It will take time for the lads to gel into a proper side due to the revolving door on our dressing room but I would like to see some progression from last season. I'd be delighted with a boring 15th place finish free from any threat of relegation and keeping the squad together to go into the next two seasons with some key additions and players maturing.

Survival.

The players we've signed don't inspire me much. Those we've kept inspire me less.

The manager says all the right things, but it's about results. His results and our performances under him last year were good, so that's positive.

I am looking forward going to Stevenage, and the 9 months that follow it.

Surprise me Latics, please.

The manager says all the right things, but it's about results.

This is what's making me temper by enthusiasm - remember what a good game Dickov talked.

What I really want to see from the off is a well organised, well drilled team - that was Dickov's biggest failing and it'll be the biggest indicator of whether we can have a good season or not.

I don't even care if it isn't pretty - I'd never have said that a few years ago.

If we sign Rooney and secure a decent CB then outside top 10 will be a major disappointment. A play-off place is a serious possibility for us.

SC ( or whoever own us come January) will dip their hand in their pocket in January to carry on LJ's good work. Maybe a couple of loans from Anfield even before October I reckon.

Said it before but I think this will be the strongest League 1 for a while.

The relegated sides look in decent shape and will be up there, the promoted sides are progressive, the play off losers will go again and I'd expect Preston and MK Dons to improve.

Not saying we are relegation fodder but I'm concerned that we're still lacking some height and physical presence, especially in central areas.

This is what's making me temper by enthusiasm - remember what a good game Dickov talked.

What I really want to see from the off is a well organised, well drilled team - that was Dickov's biggest failing and it'll be the biggest indicator of whether we can have a good season or not.

I don't even care if it isn't pretty - I'd never have said that a few years ago.

Fair point but LJ has already done one thing I did not expect him to do in keeping us in the division, and doing so with games to spare. So I would be more inclined to believe that he will be able to support this talk with performances on the field to a greater extent than his predecessor at least.

Said it before but I think this will be the strongest League 1 for a while.

The relegated sides look in decent shape and will be up there, the promoted sides are progressive, the play off losers will go again and I'd expect Preston and MK Dons to improve.

Not saying we are relegation fodder but I'm concerned that we're still lacking some height and physical presence, especially in central areas.

How much height do you lot want???

Byrne 6ft+

Tarky 6ft+

Belzieka 6ft+

Eddi 6ft+

Grounds 6ft+

Some of the above may be inexperienced but they will never become experienced without playing games - it's about time we played the kids and made them learn and develop into the team rather than constantly bringing in newbies.

Byrne and another is fine - Byrne hasnt much pace but reads the game well, same as Gregan did.

Another no doubt tall and pacey CB will come in on loan and if Lascelles as rumoured then he is more than adequate. Rooney up top as well and we will be seriously on for a potential top 10 place/playoffs.

Last season the only height we had was Mvoto and Smith and not one murmour of moaning.

Chill out and let LJ manage - all this panicking is pointless, whatever deficencies the squad as is his job to resolve or be happy with - again he is learning so won't be perfect, his first full season dont forget.

We have a pretty talented and promising squad all in all - Yeovil didn't have the 'bruisers' at the back that you're all wanting - look where they finished.

Chill out and lets see what happens. All we can ask is they give their all and if we go with the youngsters so be it - we've had :censored:ter squads at the back than this season will be, remember how the 'experience' of Forbes, Swailes, Branston and Scott turned out?

KTF

Edited by shefflatic

How high do you think we can finish at best? Around 10th if we have a particularly good season

Where do you honestly think we will finish? If we continue to improve under LJ like at the end of last season about 14th

Would you accept a lower league position for a cup run, similar to last year? No I would much rather make some progress in the league this season

3 for promotion? Wolves, Sheff United, Pboro

4 for the drop? Not sure could be anyone

Underachievers? Wolves if they dont get promoted first time

Overachievers? Oldham if we get into the top half of the table ;)

Answers on a postcard

Midfield and forwards look ok, especially if Rooney signs, but yo be better than average a defence is needed. CB is a real worry, Byrne is ok, but slow, Tarky prone to mistakes, Brown doesn't like crossing the half way line and we have no cover. Grounds is ok, but again no cover except for Mellor who isn't really a LB. Any long term injuries in this department will hit us hard.

We could easily do what Tranmere did last season. Great start but fading away in the New Year, young players burning out. Hope to finish around 10th.

I haven't really thought about were we will finish, I just want some improvement, something to be positive about and a team that tries to play the right way! I don't expect LJ to transform us in to title challengers in his first season.

How high do you think we can finish at best?

1st, as that is the best for any team.

Where do you honestly think we will finish?

6-13th

Would you accept a lower league position for a cup run, similar to last year?

No, had the fun in the cup last year, think it's time we had fun in the league now.

3 for promotion?

Wolves

Brentford

Don't know who else, will be very open I think

4 for the drop?

Shrewsbury, Colchester, Coventry, Carlisle

Underachievers?

Shef U, don't think they'll get to playoffs this season.

Overachievers?

Think Gillingham might be a surprise this season

Answers on a postcard