Lloyd Jones

I've seen some rumours over Twitter that we're close to signing Lloyd Jones (CB) on loan from Liverpool. I don't know whether anyone knows anything or knows that we're signing Sama instead? Apparently Jones is a lot better than Sama as well.

Yes, but do you think a 17yo is the way to go?

Personally would prefer us to bring in someone a bit older, but if he improves the team then it doesn't matter if he's 17 or 35.

Everyone seems to want an older head to be brought in but we already have that in Bryne, do we really need two experienced players for CB who have got no pace and would probably command a significant wage?

Edited by RobOAFC

Personally would prefer us to bring in someone a bit older, but if he improves the team then it doesn't matter if he's 17 or 35.

Everyone seems to want an older head to be brought in but we already have that in Bryne, do we really need two experienced players for CB who have got no pace and would probably command a significant wage?

Someome could of played 2-300 games by 26. Doesn't need to someone over 30.

Someome could of played 2-300 games by 26. Doesn't need to someone over 30.

Aye that's what I meant by being a bit older, but if we sign Rooney I'd be surprised if we can afford someone decent who has a decent amount of experience

At 17 I don't think he'll have the experience that I personally think we lack at the back.

Like he said...if he's good enough, what does his age matter?

hmmmm, I can think of many... there are some crafty forwards in our league, a 17 year old would just get bummed...

It was me that suggested Sama a few weeks ago not because I was in the know - simply a suggestion. I see Conor Coady has signed for Sheff Utd on a sixth month loan, good signing for them.

As for defenders playing 2/300 games by 26 Gaz, sadly it's becoming rarer by the year. Never heard of the jones lad tbh maybe he'll get a run out in their friendly tomorrow?