Latics 3-2 Huddersfield: Post match reaction

More the enough available players in the Summer months.

Who may want more money than we can offer or LJ may think we can get better value somewhere else. It's easy to criticise and say he should have sorted it but we don't know the ins and outs and I'm sure he has been working his balls off trying to find one

Edited by Just a fan

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Steadying hand of Mvoto??????

He never opened his mouth and made mistakes every game.

His pace got him out of jail and Tarky will thrive this season without him we just need someone decent along side him.

You've really got it in for this Latvian haven't you.

Like most of us never seen him, that's the problem.

Signings must be better than what you have got, if LJ doesn't play him why did he sign him ?

Really ?

I worried about Tarky last year. This year, without the steadying hand that was Mvoto, I am doubly concerned. Was at total fault for their second goal. Lost possession whilst too far up the field and never recovered. If I see him wave both his hands in the air like a oil stained bird attempting flight one more time ........ Grrrr

For me, both Mellor and Tarky need replacing. Feel sorry for Mellor as what was a promising end to last season playing in his preferred role has been ruined.

I do think LJ has assembled what looks like to be a decent squad, with the obvious exception, however the lack of presence at the heart of our back 4 will undoubtably cost us.

Tarky is developing into a fine centre back, he looked far better than anything Huddersfield had and they are in the Championship.

I wonder if he expected Scunny to take Byrne on by now, which would free us up to get someone half decent in.

Could be, but he has 2 other unused centre backs in Belezika and Eddie, are they so much out of the picture they can't even get a run out in the friendlies ?

His pace got him out of jail and Tarky will thrive this season without him we just need someone decent along side him.

Totally agree. If anyone was the steadying hand last year it was Byrne. Mvoto was very good for most of last season but was much better with Byrne alongside him than Tarky because he had less organisational responsibilities.

If we are going to start the season with Tarky, Byrne and Mellor I can see the person who starts alongside Tarky depending on opposition and whether we are home or away. For example Byrne would be well suited to Stevenage away where someone with vast understanding of defending and reading the game would be important, whereas if we are looking for good distribution, ball retention and are looking to attack (likely against Walsall) then Mellor could work well.

I really hope we don't rely on the back four that started today or else Stevenage will pummel us at set pieces.

We beat, at that point, the reigning champions of England this time last year. Let's not read TOO much into pre-season results and performances.

Yes but Huddersfield were recently unbeaten in 50 games apart from the games they lost.

This.

I used to wonder at matches if Tarky and JYM had actually ever met each other!

Could be, but he has 2 other unused centre backs in Belezika and Eddie, are they so much out of the picture they can't even get a run out in the friendlies ?

Belezika was sat near me today in the MSUpper and had a massive swelling under his eye.

It was reproted that he had concussion and a minor surgury to remove a cyst after a stray elbow during the reserve match vs Burnely.

Nothing more to say than he wasnt in sqaud today as he had an injury. Not that LJ doesnt want to play him...he's not forgotten. He's injured.

We looked at our best last season IMHO with Byrne talking Tarky through games alongside him

Assuming there's no agenda with Cliff (Scunthorpe, Assistant Manager role, injury, new centre half coming in) I'd hazard a guess LJ will pair him with Tarky next week.