We'll win today.....

I had an Oldham win against Derby and over 2.5 goals. Outcome - 0-1 defeat

I had an Oldham win agains Walsall and over 2.5 goals. Outcome - 0-1 defeat

Today, I've gone with a Peterborough win and over 2.5 goals. Outcome - expect a 1-0 win!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is scoring 3 goals today out of the question?

It is not out of the question, but it will be difficult to get a result today. Peterboro are definitely one of the stronger sides in this division, but as I am sure you are learning, never expect the expected with Latics.

I'm learning a TON here actually!

See, I like games like this. A strong Peterboro team at home (hopefully) feel a bit overconfident siding against a team that hasn't scored in the last two. A quick punch in the mouth just may stun them. Well I hope so at least.

Out of all 46 fixtures, this is the one I'd have picked out pre-season as being the one we're most unlikely to get anything from. Just hope we don't get dicked.

Still wish I was down there, watching the scores come through with Stelling and co doesn't cut it.

Latics are more than capable of getting something from the game.

1-0 down at HT, a 30 yard thunderbolt out of the blue from a quality striker, against the run of play.

"Harry Booth @HarryBooth1993 28s

Undeserved lead, but I'll take it. #oafc best team we've played so far. Lovely passing team.#pufc"

Funny how the comments on Twitter are so bloody negative, yet a P'boro fan sees it from this perspective.

No knives out but seems strange to have played Wes, who has hardly featured, above Rodgers - although I agree with the sentiment in moving Jose further forward and adding a bit of steel in midfield. Also not convinced by the Jose/Kirk substitution. Hopefully we can improve next week.

To be one again! Start much as expected - momentum win against Stevenage who have now lost three and beaten by Walsall and Peterborough who are top six sides. If we are 16th at Christmas I will be content expecting then to see us slowly make our way up the table.

Sounded like Wes had a decent game, and overall we gave it a bloody good crack. Two goals against general run of play and a stupid penalty, defence sounded solid enough and I liked the sound of what Mills was doing. Really happy we got a goal as hopefully that'll break the deadlock and give us the confidence to put a bucket load past Vale and Tranmere.

:ktf:

Stevenage was awesome. Derby shouldn't be counted, because they're a Championship team and it was in a nothing Cup, I'm afraid. Walsall was as bad as Stevenage was good, and no one should really have expected us to get anything out of Peterborough.

For me, it starts on a level next week. Won't be calling for Johnson's head or slating any players this time in a fortnight, but it will be pretty tiresome if we lose the next two home games 1-0..

Edited by JoeP

Stevenage was awesome. Derby shouldn't be counted, because they're a Championship team and it was in a nothing Cup, I'm afraid. Walsall was as bad as Stevenage was good, and no one should really have expected us to get anything out of Peterborough.

For me, it starts on a level next week. Won't be calling for Johnson's head or slating any players this time in a fortnight, but it will be pretty tiresome if we lose the next two home games 1-0..

This.

I may have to rethink my ginger world view.

Sums it up for me. Edited by longtimeblue

Still people making out Walsall was awful . It wasn't anywhere near as bad as some of 0-1 in seasons past . Dreading our boo-boys reaction if we go 0-1 down next week . Still feeling positive . Nice to hear Connor brown got the assist for our goal showing he can produce a decent cross . Sounds as if mills had a tidy game too . I'd like to see Rodgers in for wes next week with him and smith dictating the tempo for us .

Dreading our boo-boys reaction if we go 0-1 down next week .

I can hear them sharpening their knives already. I really don't understand how difficult it is for people to realise that with a young manager, and a young and almost completely new squad, we're going to need to be patient for a while in order to let them gel. I've said it a few times and a fair few people have responded with "Oh we've been patient for 15 years" or other similar nonsense. :petesake:

Edited by JonesyOAFC

Still people making out Walsall was awful . It wasn't anywhere near as bad as some of 0-1 in seasons past . Dreading our boo-boys reaction if we go 0-1 down next week . Still feeling positive . Nice to hear Connor brown got the assist for our goal showing he can produce a decent cross . Sounds as if mills had a tidy game too . I'd like to see Rodgers in for wes next week with him and smith dictating the tempo for us .

Define a good 1-0 home defeat from a bad 1-0 home defeat. There's been so many over the years, where we've just been unlucky, the opposition has just done a job on us or we've just been plain awful. Either way, there's been too many of them.

We have the strongest front-line we've had in ages - we shouldn't expect goals every game (we can't afford to sign such a front line), but I am expecting more goals, even if we lose 3-2, rather than 1-0. With this in mind, Walsall was too familiar...but also the Stevenage performance is what we should be aiming for.

We start next week.