The City loanee is........

And I'd already seen Scapuzzi tear Wolves apart in the League Cup.

A very Dickov-esque signing this.

The difference could be how they're used. Scapuzzi was brought in and thrown in as a starter whereas Johnson has already acknowledged that it'll be a challenge for Rusnak to adapt to League One. At least initially I'm expecting him to be one of our options to provide something different from the bench when defenders have tired & the last thing they want is some tricky, quick player with a quiff running at them.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The difference could be how they're used. Scapuzzi was brought in and thrown in as a starter whereas Johnson has already acknowledged that it'll be a challenge for Rusnak to adapt to League One. At least initially I'm expecting him to be one of our options to provide something different from the bench when defenders have tired & the last thing they want is some tricky, quick player with a quiff running at them.

Sensible post..I agree.

Tranmere's back-line are probably already dreading the prospect of Saturday.

Are people not rating him? I have many City mates who follow their EDS squad who are all saying that this Rusnak is the real deal, and that he will be in contention for the first team In a couple of years. They and I think this is an excellent signing for us, a top notch replacement for Baxter with our budget.

So, it is Rusnak then. Well happy with that.

I said last season, with PD still in charge, that he should have used all his City contacts and done all he could to sign the lad then. I saw him at BP in the pre-season game; then got dragged to City EDS game by my mate and saw him again then. He was head & shoulders the best player on the pitch that night.

We've now signed the year older version.

I don't want to get too carried without him even kicking a ball for us yet - but - if we think JCH currently causes defences problems with his quick feet - in beating a man outright or in drawing fouls - well, we've just upped the level.

Really really pleased with this deal.

Are people not rating him? I have many City mates who follow their EDS squad who are all saying that this Rusnak is the real deal, and that he will be in contention for the first team In a couple of years. They and I think this is an excellent signing for us, a top notch replacement for Baxter with our budget.

I had a look on blue moon and SK2008 has already asked about him. They rate him as one of their best prospects and even though he has been called a winger, reckon he is capable of playing in a Baxter type role. The question is whether he can handle the physical stuff?

Edited by jimsleftfoot

Are people not rating him? I have many City mates who follow their EDS squad who are all saying that this Rusnak is the real deal, and that he will be in contention for the first team In a couple of years..

I know a couple of EDS geeks and they say that about most of their kids

But none of them ever do.......

(They even refer to it as the EDS, not the Reserves #amf)

Edited by HarryBosch

Not sure if Rusnak will start, it could be he will used as a subsitute to replace Clarke-Harris,with both receiving instructions to run directly at the Tranmere defence.

I can see them winning penalties.

However, If Wesolowski doesn't play and Rusnak is the attacking midfielder the thought of him and Clarke-Harris tearing though his defence will give Ronnie kittens.

Edited by BP1960

Not sure if Rusnak will start, it could be he will used as a subsitute to replace Clarke-Harris,with both receiving instructions to run directly at the Tranmere defence.

I can see them winning penalties.

However, If Wesolowski doesn't play and Rusnak is the attacking midfielder the thought of him an Clarke Harris tearing though his defence will give Ronnie kittens.

Doesn't the fact LJ shipped Baxter out mean he doesn't want anyone in an attacking midfield role?

Looks hard to knock off the ball from all the footage on city's website / YouTube . I don't mean that just in terms that's he's quick and skillful he shows good body strength also (unlike scapuzzi). He comes across really well in his interview also . Communication isn't a problem either speaks fluent manc (also unlike scapuzzi) .

Doesn't the fact LJ shipped Baxter out mean he doesn't want anyone in an attacking midfield role?

Not necessarily Harry, LJ has said he may change his formation depending on the opponents.

Edited by BP1960

Just the fact a lot has been said about not being able to shoehorn Baxter into the side - he'd have the same problem with another Baxter type. Isn't this lad more of a winger?

He's not a Baxter style player Harry, extremely mobile and hard to pin down, as you say though fitting him may be the problem, but a good one to have.

Here's a look at him;

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/citytv/Match-highlights/2013/August/EDS-v-Everton-highlights

Very impressive. Do you think a deal will be in place to extend it if things go well? Not sure how the loans work at moment.

And just IF we made the play offs would he be available? Know its wishful thinking but lost the plot re loan system.

In Latics favour is Rusnak won't be one of the eight locally trained Man City players in their Champions League squad.

Edited by BP1960

I had a look on blue moon and SK2008 has already asked about him. They rate him as one of their best prospects and even though he has been called a winger, reckon he is capable of playing in a Baxter type role. The question is whether he can handle the physical stuff?

That's the only doubt I have, his technical ability Is not at all in question but getting the :censored: kicked out of him by League One players may hamper that. I think after 3 games or so he will be fully flowing, maybe starting on the bench for a couple here and there, but now we have a manager who alters the starting XI based on opposition like you should do.

Time will tell BUT our fans NEED to give him time and not get on his back, he will come good I reckon.

That's the only doubt I have, his technical ability Is not at all in question but getting the :censored: kicked out of him by League One players may hamper that. I think after 3 games or so he will be fully flowing, maybe starting on the bench for a couple here and there, but now we have a manager who alters the starting XI based on opposition like you should do.

Time will tell BUT our fans NEED to give him time and not get on his back, he will come good I reckon.

I'm not too concerned about the physical aspect, he's an aggressive runner with the ball and takes some shifting.