todays ref

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 shocking decisions, but nobody has yet mentioned the third. Blatent handball in front of the Chaddy should have been a clear penalty again for us. Disgusted with the ref today, and his reaction to the handball to the players was basically a two finger salute, the way he reacted to the claims :censored:

2 shocking decisions, but nobody has yet mentioned the third. Blatent handball in front of the Chaddy should have been a clear penalty again for us. Disgusted with the ref today, and his reaction to the handball to the players was basically a two finger salute, the way he reacted to the claims :censored:

You need a visit to Specsavers.

From my view islt looked a stone wall pen, but I was sat in the paddock towards the Chaddy. I didnt have a great view of it.

5mins before the end we were all commenting that the ref had done ok. We went off player reactions regard the tarky one and assumed it was wrong, but looked like they were both holding.

From my view islt looked a stone wall pen, but I was sat in the paddock towards the Chaddy. I didnt have a great view of it.

I have the same angle as you but higher up. You could clearly see him win the ball cleanly first. Then took the man. Not a pen.

Edited by welshgaz

The problem is the ease with which he gave them a penalty and the ease with which he ignored two clear penalties for us. BUT we should have been out of sight. I never thought we would lose games 1 0.

You can't be out of sight if you don't get shots and headers on goal. And, particularly when you played really well in the first half hour,the keeper was not troubled.

You can't be out of sight if you don't get shots and headers on goal. And, particularly when you played really well in the first half hour,the keeper was not troubled.

Can't really argue with that.

But I'm confident Oldham will finish higher than Tranmere come the end of the season.

I have just seen it on sky and take back everything I said and owe oxley an apology

Cheating :censored:ing scummy diving :censored:.. Never a penalty I am now as you can tell fuming

Bastard ref should not get a game next week after seeing his position for the decision absoulte joke

Edited by laticdickovarmy

I have just seen it on sky and take back everything I said and owe oxley an apology

Cheating :censored:ing scummy diving :censored:.. Never a penalty I am now as you can tell fuming

Bastard ref should not get a game next week after seeing his position for the decision absoulte joke

Dean, that was the opinion of us all in the RRE, disbelief followed by anger, on the way out I was talking to Rovers fan and from where he was it did not look like a pen, still doesn't make the pill any easier to swallow.

I feel your pain....I think we are all more annoyed about the manner of the defeat. If we were winning it would have been only a consolation goal for Tranmere. Hubby said at half time that we might rue those missed chances and how often have we either pinched a last minute kick of a ball goal or....gave one a way.

The footy gods a cruel, I'm sure it will pan out ove a season yin/yan etc and I have to say, I thought Tranmere were okay and should be safe from relegation...oh dear did I just say that out aloud/typed this? Back tied to the kitchen sink I must go

Edited by underdog

I thought it was stone wall from the main upper and so did my father in law but in no way could the ref if he is honest with himself have said that was a certain penalty

You just felt it was coming and that's why it hurts all the more. I try never to blame officials and always think you should look closer to home and I have highlighted that point already but he has done us out of a point

Because I try and look at the positives all I can take from it was at least we weren't 1-0 up

and that would have made it 1-1 as that means would have been 2pts lost as opposed to 1pt

From the back of the main stand, near the halfway line I was sure that Oxley had got a hand to the ball. How the ref missed it is obvious - he was missing stuff all day, for both sides. You'd expect to see the odd occasion where none of the officials have a clue which way to give a throw, maybe 1 game in 3 - there were about 3 today alone.

One minute I was seething at him not giving us something, the next I was laughing as we got a decision we shouldn't have; Corner to us in 2nd half?

He was the reason that one team was going to win, rather than how the football was played.

Or the 1 where there was a throw and both assistant and referee looked at one another begging one would make a decision, it was like both of them forgot what they had to do

Lol or the corner decision was madness me and Charlie Macdonald who was in the seat next to me looked at each other and just laughed at the decision.

He was a really top bloke and could see him kicking every ball from his seat, we missed him (a poacher) massively today. He is something different to all our other front men and knows how to stick the ball in the back of the net as over 100 league career goals suggests by getting himself inside the box within the width of the posts

Edited by laticdickovarmy

I have the same angle as you but higher up. You could clearly see him win the ball cleanly first. Then took the man. Not a pen.

We were too low. Only sat there cos my dad wasnt there. Its a :censored: angle. Get quite a few incidents wrong from it.

I'm pretty near you Pukka in the MSP and i'm quite near to the pitch level; its a good point for verbals to the away bench and to the opposition players, but not the best for seeing incidents like yesterday.

But - even from my seat, i saw Oxley get a clear hand to the ball first. Never, ever a penalty.