Johnson charged by FA for improper conduct vs. Tranmere.

Lee Johnson has been charged by the Football Association with improper conduct following his dismissal from the technical area by referee Eddie Ilderton on Saturday.

It followed comments made by Latics' manager (pictured) after his side conceded an injury-time penalty against Tranmere Rovers as they lost 1-0.

The statement issued by the FA today reads; "The FA has charged Oldham Athletic manager Lee Johnson for an alleged breach of FA Rule E3 in that his behaviour in or around the 90th minute of his side’s game against Tranmere Rovers on 31 August 2013 amounted to improper conduct. Johnson has until 6pm on 6 September to respond to the charge."

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/20130904-johnsoncharged-1035227.aspx

Further addendum of what a gargantuan prick Ilderton is.

The video replay of the incident is more than enough evidence to clearly show it was the wrong decision and that Johnson, whereas perhaps more animated than permitted under whatever blah-di-blah rules, was entirely justified to react the way he did. When 'sent off', he didn't seem to linger and respected the inept official's ruling. I'd hope any FA higher-up would take one look at the video and at Ilderton, and recognise it as a clear example of someone who is a crock at their job doing whatever they can to make themselves look officious and authoritative instead of the fool everyone knows them to be. Absolute tool.

Love Johnson the badass, though. :boxer::pow::petesake:

Ridiculous that he's been charged, did you see why Billy Davies has been charged? Because he was shouting and swearing in the refs face. What did Lee Johnson do? Kicked his coat, didn't swear or shout in the officials face and went to the stands when he was asked to. This is absolutely ridiculous.

Will he get a touch line ban for this?

I suspect this could be no more than a slap on the wrists. Having said that did anyone watch Johnson enough to know that he didn't give the fourth officials a right old earful?

In the moments prior to Johnson being sent down the tunnel the ref was in conversation with his 4th official by the touchline, the conversation ending with a decisive nod from the ref who then marched over to ask Johnson to clear off. Gave me the impression Johnson had said something rather fruity to the 4th official.

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/20130904-johnsoncharged-1035227.aspx

Further addendum of what a gargantuan prick Ilderton is.

The video replay of the incident is more than enough evidence to clearly show it was the wrong decision and that Johnson, whereas perhaps more animated than permitted under whatever blah-di-blah rules, was entirely justified to react the way he did. When 'sent off', he didn't seem to linger and respected the inept official's ruling. I'd hope any FA higher-up would take one look at the video and at Ilderton, and recognise it as a clear example of someone who is a crock at their job doing whatever they can to make themselves look officious and authoritative instead of the fool everyone knows them to be. Absolute tool.

Love Johnson the badass, though. :boxer::pow::petesake:

The FA will back Ilderton and show themselves to be equally incompetent, and Johnson will have to grovel on his knees to beg their forgiveness. That's justice these days. Ilderton will not be investigated for blatantly missing two penalties that we should have had, but giving them one when showing no common sense. If a goalie gets the ball with his arms outstretched then he cannot get them out of the way when a player falls over them.

Referees get a lot of unjustified stick and if no one wanted to be a referee we wouldn't have a game to watch, so I have a lot of sympathy for them.

However, there's been a lot of refereeing performances in this division over the years which have been shambolic and last Saturday's can be added to that list.

I don't know how much referees are paid at our level, but I would guess the difference in pay between referee and the player they are officiating isn't that great, so it seems unfair that the players and management put in all the preparation for the match, yet the referees just turn up on the day and just make any decision that takes their fancy.

Referees get a lot of unjustified stick and if no one wanted to be a referee we wouldn't have a game to watch, so I have a lot of sympathy for them.

However, there's been a lot of refereeing performances in this division over the years which have been shambolic and last Saturday's can be added to that list.

I don't know how much referees are paid at our level, but I would guess the difference in pay between referee and the player they are officiating isn't that great, so it seems unfair that the players and management put in all the preparation for the match, yet the referees just turn up on the day and just make any decision that takes their fancy.

This ^. You need a level of respect towards referees, which I think is sometimes unbalanced. But there was no excuse for what happened on Saturday, it was a decision which will stick out in the memory for years to come. I hope he doesn't Ref another one of our games for a long time

This ^. You need a level of respect towards referees, which I think is sometimes unbalanced. But there was no excuse for what happened on Saturday, it was a decision which will stick out in the memory for years to come. I hope he doesn't Ref another one of our games for a long time

Semi agree with you, but the thing that sticks in my head more is the numptyness (if thats not a real word it should be) of Oxley making yet again a stupid and wreckless challenge he had no need or no right to make, thus giving the ref an oppurtunity to give a pen, one which he looked like taking great pleasure in doing.

Semi agree with you, but the thing that sticks in my head more is the numptyness (if thats not a real word it should be) of Oxley making yet again a stupid and wreckless challenge he had no need or no right to make, thus giving the ref an oppurtunity to give a pen, one which he looked like taking great pleasure in doing.

It wasn't stupid or reckless : it was a good challenge...

I see Oxley is the new boo boy.

It wasn't stupid or reckless : it was a good challenge...

unnecessary then, Lowe was going away from goal and away from danger, if he doesnt make the challenge the ref doesnt have a decision to make, rightly or wrongly ? Then again your probably just being disagreeable as always........................................................................................

I see Oxley is the new boo boy.

Ive never booed one of our players in my life and that includes Danny Boshell, my mistake i thought this was a Latics forum to voice our opinions , il just agree with the majority in future. I consider myself to be a positive supporter and am enjoying every minute under LJ , i will back this team no matter what, lets see how many fickle fans we see when/if we lose 4 or 5 on the bounce

I agree with you. Was it a pen? No but like you said he was going away from goal with very little danger, there was no need to attempt to win the ball in that situation, and in doing so you're always going to give the opportunity for the ref to award a pen.

Some very bitter comments on this thread. I thought that by now you'd have got over it and moved on. I have not as yet seen any replay which conclusively proves either way that the ref was right or wrong-he was certainly right with your claim towards the end of the first half.

Some very bitter comments on this thread. I thought that by now you'd have got over it and moved on. I have not as yet seen any replay which conclusively proves either way that the ref was right or wrong-he was certainly right with your claim towards the end of the first half.

you have probably only come on here to gloat. Get a Life

Isn't it strange that Paul Dickov gave the fourth official an embarrassing amount of grief and I can't recall him getting sent to the stands. lJ by and large leaves the fourth official alone has one hissy fit and gets the book thrown at him. Smacks of refs pandering to supposedly higher profile managers. Lets kick the new guy,spineless.

Isn't it strange that Paul Dickov gave the fourth official an embarrassing amount of grief and I can't recall him getting sent to the stands. lJ by and large leaves the fourth official alone has one hissy fit and gets the book thrown at him. Smacks of refs pandering to supposedly higher profile managers. Lets kick the new guy,spineless.

Didn't PD apologise to them before he started? It's the way forward