Upcoming fixtures

Just having a look at our next 10 fixtures and (without wanting to jinx us) I feel it's a good run for two reasons:

1) The home games look winnable.

2) The away games are against the better teams meaning the onus will be on them to attack and we should be able to counter attack effectively.

Between the Rotherham & Carlisle games we have the chance to get on a nice little run and shoot up the table and hopefully have points on the board as the trio of Wolves/Swindon/Bristol City could see us around the play off spots or sitting in the bottom half.

Preston - tough game but certainly capable of a point at least.

Rotherham - not got as strong a squad as expected, quite fancy our chances of a comfortable win.

Crewe - a tailor made team for Latics.

Crawley - tough away game, do well to get anything but will have plenty of chances to counter attack.

Leyton Orient - won't come to BP and park the bus.

Notts County - look poor this season and we have a good record there.

Carlisle - bit of a bogey team at home but have their worst squad for a number of seasons.

Wolves - extremely tough but on that big pitch our wingers could have a field day.

Swindon - always tough, will be one of our toughest home games.

Bristol City - always struggle at Ashton Gate, hopefully Bristol City haven't clicked into gear by now.

Preston - tough game

Rotherham - tough game

Crewe - On the face of it - a tailor made team for Latics. Tough game.

Crawley - tough game.

Leyton Orient - tough game

Notts County - probably on the face of it the "easiest game so far"

Carlisle - Bogey team, but very winnable

Wolves - tough game

Swindon - unpredictable - tough game.

Bristol City - tough game

Edited by pukka

In this league I think the majority of fixtures are now tough. However with this squad I think we have a better chance of doing well than we have done in the previous seasons which is just as well as the league is getting tougher every seasons as is all the Football League.

Preston - tough game

Rotherham - tough game

Crawley - tough game.

Wolves - tough game

Lose

Draw

Win

Lose

Draw

Win

Draw

Lose

Lose

Lose

9/30 points!

I'm not psychic so anything could happen with this team.

Preston - tough game

Rotherham - tough game

Crawley - tough game.

Wolves - tough game

Lose

Draw

Win

Lose

Draw

Win

Draw

Lose

Lose

Lose

9/30 points!

I'm not psychic so anything could happen with this team.

Christ almighty!

Do you not think that any of those clubs' manager's are saying "Oldham Athletic..now that's going to be a tough game. We might lose that one"

Christ almighty!

Do you not think that any of those clubs' manager's are saying "Oldham Athletic..now that's going to be a tough game. We might lose that one"

You shouldn't look at the fixtures 10 games at a time they can look abit daunting if you do that. You should just look at them on an individual basis.

Lets start with Preston. Is their any reason why we can't get a point there? The pressure will be on them to push for promotion we can go their and frustrate them. Wes and smith are capable of giving our new and improved defence plenty of protection and going round sabotaging prestons passing all night. When we get the ball hit them on the counter attack. How many defenders in this division will fancy chasing back after schmeltz and monty once they get the wrong side of them. Clarke Harris will be fresh after 9 days rest and Rooney is always capable of nicking us a goal. Frustrate them and the crowd will start getting on the home teams back aswell.

Hell we are capable of going there an winning if we put our minds to it.

Edited by GlossopLatic

The thing that gives me more hope this year compared to last is that we are taking the game to other teams rather than sitting back and letting them dictate. If we keep up with that strategy then I could see us standing a good chance of winning any those games.

Other than that, as long as we don't meet any of those teams on a hot streak of form then I wouldn't fear any of them.

My main worry is with these difficult games coming up, there could be a distinct possibility that at the end of them we find ourselves languishing near the bottom of the table. I just hope this doesn't destroy the feel good factor if that happens.

My main worry is with these difficult games coming up, there could be a distinct possibility that at the end of them we find ourselves languishing near the bottom of the table. I just hope this doesn't destroy the feel good factor if that happens.

Conversely, if we pick up a few points we will be in a reasonable position having played a lot of the tougher games and therefore could easily be in a good position to push onwards and hopefully ultimately upwards.

No not having, I expect to win every game so I can be top dog on the owtb prediction league.

However in reality.......ill take the odd win and draw please but if we can muster it, be in 10th position.

Oooooo hold on tight this is going to be one helluva roller coast ride.

Piss the lot of em ! On a serious note i do seem to believe LJ when he says in interviews that we look to win every game, and we will just go all out attack against whoever the opposition, ofcourse there will be days when things just dont fall for us ala Walsall and Tranmere, but its still better to watch than the garbage served up last season.This team with a little bit of the rub of the green , i feel could go on a run , pick up momentum and if they keep their nerve could be whatever they want . Hopefully they want to be winners. One of the biggest worries for me is keeping the players who cant break into the starting 11 happy, and keeping that team spirit up. That for me will be LJ's toughest task, cos we need the squad players to be ready when they are undoubtedly needed through the long season. And i do believe our manager is smart enough to do this, and have the full squad busting their bollox for him

Preston - tough game but certainly capable of a point at least.

Rotherham - not got as strong a squad as expected, quite fancy our chances of a comfortable win.

Crewe - a tailor made team for Latics.

Crawley - tough away game, do well to get anything but will have plenty of chances to counter attack.

Leyton Orient - won't come to BP and park the bus.

Notts County - look poor this season and we have a good record there.

Carlisle - bit of a bogey team at home but have their worst squad for a number of seasons.

Wolves - extremely tough but on that big pitch our wingers could have a field day.

Swindon - always tough, will be one of our toughest home games.

Bristol City - always struggle at Ashton Gate, hopefully Bristol City haven't clicked into gear by now.

Preston (Got a good feeling about this one) WIN 3pts

Rotherham DRAW 1pt

Crewe DRAW 1pt

Crawley LOSE 0pts

Orient LOSE 0 pts

County DRAW 1 pt

Cumbrians DRAW 1 pt

Wolves LOSE 0 pts

Swindon WIN 3 pts

Bristol city WIN 3 pts

Sorry to say that's the best I can see us doing in this run of games, There's no easy games ever but this is a hard set if ever there was one.