Oldham Vs England: Passing

England who???....sorry don't watch that shower of over paid tripe.

Never in my lifetime will we win a European or World Cup.

Anyway, I'm still buzzing over the footy we play. Just need to bloody win now..aagghh

And I was washing my hair with head and shoulders too

Edited by underdog

I still believe its all physchological to be honest. Under capello we never had issues controlling a game, even against top sides itd be a battle over possession.

As soon as hodgeson came in at the euros we adopted this sit all men behind the ball and break when we can approach. Since then we only dominate possesion against poor sides, if the media build up the opponent like ukraine tonight we appear to adopt this cautious men behind the ball approach? I just dont buy that weve become so bad at holding possesion over night.. its tactics and its :censored:e.

Edited by Schlieb

I still believe its all physiological to be honest. Under capello we never had issues controlling a game, even against top sides itd be a battle over possession.

As soon as hodgeson came in at the euros we adopted this sit all men behind the ball and break when we can approach. Since then we only dominate possesion against poor sides, if the media build up the opponent like ukraine tonight we appear to adopt this cautious men behind the ball approach? I just dont buy that weve become so bad at holding possesion over night.. its tactics and its :censored:e.

It is :censored:e tactics and not playing players who can work together. We've all seen that Lampard & Gerrard can't play together over the last 10 years yet we still insist on playing both - why? Qualify for this world cup or not, Hodgson needs to go & be replaced with someone more forward thinking.

It is :censored:e tactics and not playing players who can work together. We've all seen that Lampard & Gerrard can't play together over the last 10 years yet we still insist on playing both - why? Qualify for this world cup or not, Hodgson needs to go & be replaced with someone more forward thinking.

Don't say that or our gaffer will be off to manage them!!!

Totally agree, it just dusnt work. Put Gerrard alongside wilshere (whos looked class above) and play two proper wingers, Milner shouldnt be anywhere near that england team

Edited by Schlieb

Fear is playing a big part. If someone could get England playing without fear then we may actually see some sort of attacking intent. Until then we're always going to be trying to not lose to minimise the slagging off in the gutter press.

Totally uninspiring bollocks.

Last night on the other hand was amazingly refreshing to watch.

Totally agree, it just dusnt work. Put Gerrard alongside wilshere (whos looked class above) and play two proper wingers, Milner shouldnt be anywhere near that england team

4-4-2 doesn't work at international anymore, midfield just gets over run against the better teams. Carrick & Wilshere should be 2 of a midfield 3. As good as Gerrard & Lampard are for Liverpool & Chelsea they need to retire from international football for the sake of the English team...

4-4-2 doesn't work at international anymore, midfield just gets over run against the better teams. Carrick & Wilshere should be 2 of a midfield 3. As good as Gerrard & Lampard are for Liverpool & Chelsea they need to retire from international football for the sake of the English team...

I think gerrards good to play a role sat in front of the defence, hes not as mobile anymore but his range of passing is excellent, he could play a pirlo role for us with wilshere and another in front. Unsure on carrick to be honest, I think he shines in a poor midfield at united.

Edited by Schlieb

I saw the last 20 mins and i have honestly seen better football in league one : adam rooney gets called a carthorse by some on here but lambert IS a carthorse : no ball retention ,long ball :censored:e,shoehorning players into the team, walker never an england player same for young VERY poor team and will get dicked in a proper competitive game by any half decent team imo

Well as long as the FA carry on appointing dinosaur managers then watching England will be dire. Get rid of the old guard with their direct hit and hope approach. They're far to stuck in their ways. I think there is hope though I think the generation of English managers coming through are like a breath of fresh air. Such as our very own LJ.

Watching that tonight I kept thinking if LJ was in charge of England I'm pretty sure it'd be far more entertaining. Not that I'd want to lose him to England though. ;)

I saw the last 20 mins and i have honestly seen better football in league one : adam rooney gets called a carthorse by some on here but lambert IS a carthorse : no ball retention ,long ball :censored:e,shoehorning players into the team, walker never an england player same for young VERY poor team and will get dicked in a proper competitive game by any half decent team imo

My god, Lambert a carthorse. Honestly?????

Do people think we're a superpower? I don't know anyone who thinks we're any good or have any entitlement to win anything. I'd say most fans have a good grasp on our level at the moment, doesn't mean they don't want to have a justifiable groan. Latics fans should know that better than anybody!

"@whatculture: Ukraine 0-0 England 5 Reasons Three Lions Arent The Superpower Some Think They Are http://t.co/ian1zMsR5u"

Have a read of this and tell me what you think.

Don't think many people think we are a superpower, but we are not as bad as many people make out. There are over 200 countries competing in international football remember.

I have just moved to Japan and over the last 2 weeks have seen them play Guatemala and Ghana in friendlies and I don't think the quality is on a par with the European nations at all. We get spoiled it is easy to forget how bad some of the other countries are.

For me England is not going to be winning a World Cup any time soon, but we should be qualifying and getting out of the group stages with the players we have available. I would argue we are or should be a top 8 European side and a top 16 world side.

I think the main problem is Hodgson. As fans we want to see free flowing winning football, he is setting us up not to lose first and foremost. I think we have a good enough team to be more adventurous than that, but maybe it is too late now with qualifying far from guaranteed. If we do miss out, I would like us to look somewhere else, thank him for helping us out before the last Euros and move on.