Most disliked former Latic

One possibly contentious one that I never liked cos he was a little upstart who disrupted the dressing room - Neil Kilkenny.

I always thought he was a bit of a prick as well. Especially after seeing him acting all Billy Big Bollocks in Tokyos one night.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I disliked Ian Marshall for celebrating in front of the Chaddy End when he scored against us on his Ipswich debut. We lost 3-0. I've forgiven him now though.

I disliked Denis Irwin for wildly celebrating both his goals for that shower of sh1te in a game over Xmas. We lst 6-3, or 5-2, or summat like that. Likewise, above.

As an aside, when Milligan came back from Everton (I never disliked him for leaving) I was gutted when Royle sold Redfearn. One of his few clangers IMO.

Milligan jumping ship a second time to go to Norwich I wasn't best pleased with, but I never disliked him for it.

I was annnoyed with Dowie for doing a runner, but again I got over that.

Chris Porter however, I've never forgiven!

No, don't care enough to hate anyone.

Didn't he sign injured though? Sure someone will prove me wrong but don't recall much acknowledgement from him towards club/fans when he left, having had a good wage out of us.

Swailes signed injured, he played the whole season before with a broken foot

Apart from his epic miss at Wembley.....what has he done to raise your blood temperature?

Not forgetting his admission that he made a mistake coming to Oldham.

Didn't even know about this, but sounds about right - always struck me as being fairly half-arsed with everything he did at Latics. He was an appalling manager for us yet following his sacking, went to the media claiming it was between him and Jurgen Klinsmann for the vacant Everton managers job! Where did he end up? Bangor City. Arrogant to55er...

He missed three really good chances at Wembley, which turned out to be history-defining for us. So, as player and manager, was supposed to be on our side yet was fairly influential in our decent.

Claims number one spot in this debate, for me.

Edited by JoeP

Didn't even know about this, but sounds about right - always struck me as being fairly half-arsed with everything he did at Latics. He was an appalling manager for us yet following his sacking, went to the media claiming it was between him and Jurgen Klinsmann for the vacant Everton managers job! Where did he end up? Bangor City. Arrogant to55er...

He missed three really good chances at Wembley, which turned out to be history-defining for us. So, as player and manager, was supposed to be on our side yet was fairly influential in our decent.

Claims number one spot in this debate, for me.

Now I agree about the Wembley........I remember our defence holding on desperatelySharp but held the ball and wasted precious seconds........I was screaming at Joe to take Beckford off and bring on Ritchie as Beckford was incapable of getting hold of the ball.

Now, for me, Sharp was having any decent player sold by Stott and the Lees brothers and left trying to patch up the gaps. I always thought some of his cheap recruits did a good job for us........players such as Kelly, Garnett and Snodin.

Now I agree about the Wembley........I remember our defence holding on desperatelySharp but held the ball and wasted precious seconds........I was screaming at Joe to take Beckford off and bring on Ritchie as Beckford was incapable of getting hold of the ball.

I think missing the sitters outweighs his attempts to waste time!

Now, for me, Sharp was having any decent player sold by Stott and the Lees brothers and left trying to patch up the gaps. I always thought some of his cheap recruits did a good job for us........players such as Kelly, Garnett and Snodin.

Fair point, but particularly in our relegation season his tactics just became more and more dull. He was kind of like Dave Penney with slightly better players...conceded a lot of late goals that season too!