Rooney

I don't see what he's bringing to the side at the moment? He rarely wins headers, he's slow, and dust really look like the poacher he was described as. He should of buried that one on one first half.

I truly hope he comes out second half and bags a brace to shut me up though!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see what he's bringing to the side at the moment? He rarely wins headers, he's slow, and dust really look like the poacher he was described as. He should of buried that one on one first half.

I truly hope he comes out second half and bags a brace to shut me up though!

You know why you don't see what he brings, because you don't watch, you were not there so your "from what I can see" counts for :censored: all...........back to the mythos

Agree also.

MacDonald, fitness permitting, should be our first choice striker. He's been sorely missed and is a better poacher.

Just waiting for a certain other poster to tell us we have all got it wrong about Rooney and the problem lies with the poor service into the box.

Agree also.

MacDonald, fitness permitting, should be our first choice striker. He's been sorely missed and is a better poacher.

Just waiting for a certain other poster to tell us we have all got it wrong about Rooney and the problem lies with the poor service into the box.

McDonald I agree needs a run in the team.Im undecided about who should partner him,safe to say Rooney wouldn't be getting anywhere NEAR my starting 11.

It will be better when he decides what his best team is.....we don't really look like breaking teams down at home and it was the same again today. We could easily have lost the game and Crewe were good value for the point.

When we play away and have more space we are a completely different team. Just where is the team that dominated Preston a couple of weeks ago?

We are as inconsistent as we've ever been and I feel Johnson has to stop choping and changing and get a settled side out there.

On the topic of Rooney, I didn't know much about him before he signed....has he always been slow or just since he's come here?

From the games I've seen (Stevenage, Peterborough, Shrewsbury and Preston) I've seen the good and the bad of Rooney.

Stevenage he was a good presence, got in the box, put himself about and was unlucky not to score.

Peterborough he was isolated and ineffective, although this was in a large part down to Baxter.

Shrewsbury he was great, in the thick of it for everything that came into their box and fully deserved a goal.

Preston there are no excuses, he didn't play well and offered very little.

He's not :censored:, but he's not been consistent enough to be the 1st striker on the teamsheet every game. Put him on the bench next week and see how MacDonald does alongside one of the other young hopefuls next week.

It will be better when he decides what his best team is.....we don't really look like breaking teams down at home and it was the same again today. We could easily have lost the game and Crewe were good value for the point.

When we play away and have more space we are a completely different team. Just where is the team that dominated Preston a couple of weeks ago?

We are as inconsistent as we've ever been and I feel Johnson has to stop choping and changing and get a settled side out there.

On the topic of Rooney, I didn't know much about him before he signed....has he always been slow or just since he's come here?

Its funny really,i remember liking david currie and pretty much everyone I knew thought he was gash-only he wasn't gash at all,i'd donate my balls to have someone like that at BP nowadays,as opposed to the carthorses we sign year in year out.

ps no idea about rooneys pace before he signed for us but I still want some one to tell me what he brings to the side?

Johnson doesnt know his best strike line at the minute.

He needs to choose one if its Rooney and McDonald fine but he needs to stick with it for a bit. I actually think McDonald will probably get us more goals then Rooney as hes the 6 yard predator we havent had for a few years.

Rooney does seem slow and his control let him down more than once

for me with have several forwards with good attributes but none that really gel well together. Rooney isnt a target man to play the ball too, neither is JCH though he had pace and some ability on the deck. Mcdonald is your fox in the box. DAnny P i havent really seen enough of but he played deeper today and Millar wasnt in the game. We need to settle of a strike force and play to thier strengths we got some balls in the box today but i dont think we have the ariel threat to convert them

for me with have several forwards with good attributes but none that really gel well together. Rooney isnt a target man to play the ball too, neither is JCH though he had pace and some ability on the deck. Mcdonald is your fox in the box. DAnny P i havent really seen enough of but he played deeper today and Millar wasnt in the game. We need to settle of a strike force and play to thier strengths we got some balls in the box today but i dont think we have the ariel threat to convert them

It's funny you should say that, just realised that we had all five strikers on the pitch at some stage today! Can't remember the last time we had that many strikers in the squad let alone on the pitch!

It's funny you should say that, just realised that we had all five strikers on the pitch at some stage today! Can't remember the last time we had that many strikers in the squad let alone on the pitch!

Kuqi did the work of 5 until he got disillusioned.

Johnson doesnt know his best strike line at the minute.

He needs to choose one if its Rooney and McDonald fine but he needs to stick with it for a bit. I actually think McDonald will probably get us more goals then Rooney as hes the 6 yard predator we havent had for a few years.

Rooney does seem slow and his control let him down more than once

Agreed, LJ needs to work out his best strikeforce and stick with it for a little bit.

"Rooney isnt a target man to play the ball too"

Spot on but that's the role he's being asked to play. None of our strikers are target men and when you've signed four that IMO is a big mistake from Johnson. Pretty pretty football but no muscle to make it count.