Rooney

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha yep that's the place!

Its the same on the chaddy side too! I think some people have been waiting for a dip in form so that the moaning can start - i think another couple of home games and we will find out this seasons boo boy! Seems like rooney is favourite on here but add smith to that and macdonald going off the mainstand moaners' ridiculous over reactions yesterday.

In recent times it does not seem to matter who plays up front for us.

Rooney , like Derbyshire , Barnard , Iwelumo , Kuqi et al before him seem to spend most of the game chasing centre halfs for the ball or closing down the keeper to make him pick the ball up and get rid of it.

Almost all of last seasons goals were scored by Baxter from behind a striker.

Other than Hughes & the superb Beckett we have struggled in the forward line for an eternity.

In recent times it does not seem to matter who plays up front for us.

Rooney , like Derbyshire , Barnard , Iwelumo , Kuqi et al before him seem to spend most of the game chasing centre halfs for the ball or closing down the keeper to make him pick the ball up and get rid of it.

Almost all of last seasons goals were scored by Baxter from behind a striker.

Other than Hughes & the superb Beckett we have struggled in the forward line for an eternity.

Spot on.

Almost every time we sign a striker, most of us get excited only to see them be a little disappointing!

I honestly think Derbyshire would bag a load in this side

Until the service dries up and he has to go chasing down defenders and the keeper (as somebody said above) then he gets frustrated and low on confidence - as he did last time around - then the crowd gets pi**ed off and threads like this are started on here;)!

JCH needs to settle his dispute with gravity because he spends half of his time on the pitch on his arse.

Glad someone else see this...the new chrissy Taylor, yet he's not rebounded up and in the refs face yet. Shame because when he comes on he's a handful.

LJ needs to select his striking pair and give them a run now..time to settle

This Rooney bashing is a little over the top. Why single out the player who is in the side to get on the end of the chances the team are suppose to provide, when they didn't provide them? 4 or 5 players had off days on Saturday and you just can't carry that.

I've seen Rooney enough now to know he isn't ya Matt Smith type, so it's no use lumping the ball up to him, so why moan he doesn't win the headers? I will ask you all to analyse the goals scored to date this season. How many has Rooney played some part in? whether he scored it, headed it which the keeper had to parry or passed it. I think you may surprise yourselves.

Play players to their strengths, not their weaknesses and reap the rewards. Who in our squad is better than Rooney in his role? It aint Millar, nor Philly given his game time to date in the first team, JCH is still too raw for a starting birth match in match out (watch this lad hit a ball in warm up, thunders it, yet in match action snatches, will come good with the likes of Rooney training along side)

This isn't a Rooney love in post, at times I've been as frustrated as the next, but what I have done is separated the chaff from the wheat.

This Rooney bashing is a little over the top. Why single out the player who is in the side to get on the end of the chances the team are suppose to provide, when they didn't provide them? 4 or 5 players had off days on Saturday and you just can't carry that.

He had a great chance that he missed on Saturday...

When I started the thread it wasn't intended as a rooney bashing thread. Just interested to see what others thought of him. I think to some extent I had big expectations of him and as he hasn't started on fire its swayed my opinion some.

Because when we signed macdonald I hadn't heard of him and it never really looked a brilliant signing. However I've been pleasantly surprised and I think he's a nifty little player, maybe that's because I had no expectations of him.

I'll back rooney all the way on the field and hope he comes good. I just think he could do with dropping for the moment and let him fight for his place back.

If Rooney keeps getting chances I would stick with him.

I fully admit I was not keen on Smith at all the last couple of seasons. He was missing plenty of chances, but it came good in the end any he proved me wrong.

I also remember Porter missing a lot in his first season here. He ended up with 9 I think, before hitting 20+ in the second season.

If Rooney keeps getting chances I would stick with him.

I fully admit I was not keen on Smith at all the last couple of seasons. He was missing plenty of chances, but it came good in the end any he proved me wrong.

I also remember Porter missing a lot in his first season here. He ended up with 9 I think, before hitting 20+ in the second season.

Smith will be nothing but an impact player coming off the bench. If he doesn't have a big ego, and can accept that he is not going to be starting games it can be a great career for him. If he thinks he should be playing from the start as he did here, then he's got problems.

Rooney's foot injury could have been bothering him for a few weeks, but if it hasn't then he needs dropping and that may give him the kick up the backside tat he needs.

I've seen Rooney enough now to know he isn't ya Matt Smith type, so it's no use lumping the ball up to him, so why moan he doesn't win the headers? I will ask you all to analyse the goals scored to date this season. How many has Rooney played some part in? whether he scored it, headed it which the keeper had to parry or passed it. I think you may surprise yourselves.

Play players to their strengths, not their weaknesses and reap the rewards. Who in our squad is better than Rooney in his role? It aint Millar, nor Philly given his game time to date in the first team, JCH is still too raw for a starting birth match in match out (watch this lad hit a ball in warm up, thunders it, yet in match action snatches, will come good with the likes of Rooney training along side)

This isn't a Rooney love in post, at times I've been as frustrated as the next, but what I have done is separated the chaff from the wheat.

It ain't Rooney bashing from me Lags, I hope he comes good!

However, the team not providing chances for him isn't strictly true. I can think of at least one great chance in each of his last 4 matches, where as a striker paid at his level....he should have buried it.

I'm worried that we have got another one of those infamous signings who shines until he signs!!!

ITT: "I'm not Rooney bashing but he is :censored:ing :censored:"

He's done fine in every game i've seen this season, we love a scapegoat unfortunately.

Ive not rated him from the games I've seen. The ball doesn't stick at all. I was doing cart wheels when we signed him and I'm beginning to wonder why. Still time to win me over.

Ive not rated him from the games I've seen. The ball doesn't stick at all. I was doing cart wheels when we signed him and I'm beginning to wonder why. Still time to win me over.

This is where I'm at gaz.

Looked decent pre season, but doesn't look like the same player.

I really hope he turn's it around and proves me and other doubters wrong!