North Stand update

Chaddy will be third on the list for improvement. It works. There's no obvious risk to the basic structure (albeit the sides might get blown away occasionally). So 2060 is when they'll get around to that.

At the last Lee Johnson fans event Barry said that a refurb of the main stand was possible rather than demolition being inevitable (although didn't commit to anything happening). I'd assume this will happen at some stage, but no idea when. A decent TV gantry and improved changing rooms would be the minimum needed in my view.

I actually get the point about varied weather exposure in the new stand. It doesn't make it an obvious place to sit. How was it in the old Lookers Paddock?

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How difficult would it be to improve the chaddy?

If a whole structural change is too much the surely an improved roof with a good bar in the back which would be open before and after the game under cover wouldn't be too much to ask would it?

seem tp remember the from the plans from the old rebuild that the chaddy was to remain at 3200 seats which suggests that it was to be a cosmetic ,new roof sides and rear with better internals ,rebuild rather than a complete rebuild ie retain current seating plan just build around above and behind to do away with pillars etc and make the facilitys less exposed to the weather so it would be mainly steel work and cladding rather than masses of concrete ?

all bp needs is this new stand plus new chaddy roof an give access to both to the new facilities that'll do for me.

having a proper ground will bring a few more in an smoking area will do the same an hopefully 5000 + crowds again

Do people seriously stay away cos they cant go 90 minutes without a fag?

I would sooner be in an area where smoking isnt allowed, especially if you want to attract the younger generations.

I would sooner be in an area where smoking isnt allowed, especially if you want to attract the younger generations.

I thought we already had a smoking area in the Chaddy End gents.

A mate's dad didn't renew his season ticket after donkey's years because of it. It's just stupid... I have one tab at half time with a pint outside the RRE out the way of everyone. All they need to do is paint a line. Other clubs manage it. It's a horrible habit but if you're outside anyway it's just crazy.

Fine. Nobody is forcing you (or any youngsters) to go over to the easily painted small section at the back of the RRE where people smoke anyway and which is OUTSIDE anyway. At Notts County they even open an exit gate at HT.

The phrase 'typical Latics' gets banded about a lot, but in this instance where a small amount of common sense thinking is required, Latics' attitude of a blanket ban with no further thought or effort input, it is rather apt.

seem tp remember the from the plans from the old rebuild that the chaddy was to remain at 3200 seats which suggests that it was to be a cosmetic ,new roof sides and rear with better internals ,rebuild rather than a complete rebuild ie retain current seating plan just build around above and behind to do away with pillars etc and make the facilitys less exposed to the weather so it would be mainly steel work and cladding rather than masses of concrete ?

I'm not in the building trade but I would imagine the steel to construct a new roof wouldn't come cheap and without outside investment as good as a nonstarter

Edited by GlossopLatic

It's outside. With that attitude you will never step foot out of your home again for fear of someone's cigarette smoke drifting towards you.

Where do you go when you need a :censored:?......don't bother, i can see the lines everywhere.

Fine. Nobody is forcing you (or any youngsters) to go over to the easily painted small section at the back of the RRE where people smoke anyway and which is OUTSIDE anyway. At Notts County they even open an exit gate at HT.

The phrase 'typical Latics' gets banded about a lot, but in this instance where a small amount of common sense thinking is required, Latics' attitude of a blanket ban with no further thought or effort input, it is rather apt.

Go to Notts County then?

No idea why people are so desperate for a cigarette, cant you wait 2 hours between cigs and then smoke 3 straight after the game and get a wicked niccy rush innit?

What do you do when you go on a plane?

Seriously, if you are so addicted to anything you can't go two hours without doing it, you are a moron. Even more of one if that addiction is going to kill you in a horribly painful way eventually in all probability.

Smoking should be banned everywhere, there is no excuse for it these days. Addiction is easy to break if you want to enough.

I told one of my employees that if he smoked during or just before office hours he would be fired. He called the fair work ombudsman who told him I was within my rights to do that. He has since quit smoking totally and his partner sent me a thank you card!

Seriously, if you are so addicted to anything you can't go two hours without doing it, you are a moron. Even more of one if that addiction is going to kill you in a horribly painful way eventually in all probability.

Smoking should be banned everywhere, there is no excuse for it these days. Addiction is easy to break if you want to enough.

I told one of my employees that if he smoked during or just before office hours he would be fired. He called the fair work ombudsman who told him I was within my rights to do that. He has since quit smoking totally and his partner sent me a thank you card!

Well that's one more reason not to go to the land of the Convicts, cheers Adolph!

I presume that your firm doesn't operate in the customer services business.

You can sack someone because they have a cig outside office hours away from business peroperty 2 mins before work when he is not being paid? somehow I dont think you would get away with that.

If someone sacked me becasue I had a cig on my way to work I would take them to the cleaners!

Go to Notts County then?

No idea why people are so desperate for a cigarette, cant you wait 2 hours between cigs and then smoke 3 straight after the game and get a wicked niccy rush innit?

No, I don't smoke that much, and never in front of my lad who comes to games with me. But others do and they might pay money to come and watch us if we could somehow accommodate their terrible habit without inflicting it upon others. Oh, we could? Nah lets not bother anyway. Not like we need the money is it.

But smoking isn't banned everywhere is it?

I also don't actually see anyone saying that it is the sole reason not to go. But when going to the match is so expensive plus you can no longer stand up, plus you get frowned upon for singing or having a laugh and then you can't even go outside for a snout?

With many hews of even the smallest axe, you can fell the hardest timbered oak.

No, I don't smoke that much, and never in front of my lad who comes to games with me. But others do and they might pay money to come and watch us if we could somehow accommodate their terrible habit without inflicting it upon others. Oh, we could? Nah lets not bother anyway. Not like we need the money is it.

i say its the fat dollar that we need to get back at bp, they eat more, drink more, they are generally quite jolly and they make the place look fuller.

Next up on youngen and Blueaus fun hit list- We need to shut the bars at BP because drinking is bad for you and there are children nearby.

Sad :censored:.

I do think that a bar like the back of the Lookers used to have would be better suited, mainly cos I used to enjoy a pint out of the cold. I just feel the club has more pressing issues than getting those 2/3 fans who dont come because they cant have a fag to come back. I think putting the effort into enticing the future fans of the club is more pressing. Promoting smoking areas wouldnt aid that, however Im fully with you about the sit down stewards and the singing at games, match action is definitely less enjoyable for kids with them pig stewards in the rocky road end, they arent harming anyone, leave the kids to it. Im not that arsed whether Latics do or dont cater for the fagheads, I just dont think its worth people kicking up a fuss cos there isnt one. There isnt a fag shelter, go 2 hours without one, pretty simple in my eyes.

If smokers think Latics is so expensive, thats because they pay a ridiculous sum for smoking!!! Dont buy 20 fags one week, and put the money towards Tics and youd soon feel better, health and pocket wise.

Next up on youngen and Blueaus fun hit list- We need to shut the bars at BP because drinking is bad for you and there are children nearby.

Sad :censored:.

Im a sad :censored: because of something you have just assumed I am against. :censored: yes, sad no, cheers keyboard

I get what you're saying, and in no way am I asking them to 'promote' a smoking area. But at the end of the week football is supposed to be the release, not somewhere you go to get hen pecked and told what you can and can't do, especially if that appears to go against common sense.

Also on a purely financial level two or three people (your number, I believe it to be a bit higher) per game per week is between £600 and £1400 per season. That would pay for the storm damage.

What's the situation with smoking in the toilets in the RRE? As it used to be (and probably still is) an issue in the Chaddy. Personally I'd much rather have a smoking area outside and out of the way than the sort of status quo that smoking goes on in the enclosed toilets because no one wants to stop it, if Boundary Park really wants to be smoke free the club has to stop people smoking in the toilets.