This negative talk about LJ is ridiculous. This is his first managerial job. The team started the season pretty well, most of the performances have been way above anything we experienced under Dickov. I think most of us can see that any mistakes we've made have been severely punished and we have had some bad luck. However the real test for LJ is now - keeping the players believing in his methods and getting that next win. I know he is a bit of a flash harry but he's young and I think we should cut him some slack. I am a season ticket holder, I live in Surrey and the last few years the journey north have been a real waste of time but this season I can see real progress. See you at BP on Saturday.

Good on you Pete :chubb:

Lee Johnson has been the breath of fresh air the club has needed for many a year and some are complaining????? Had Dickov remained i'd of been seeing Latics in Morecambe this season but that is not the case thank god (L.J)

We have a young side and from what I witnessed at Preston, A damned good lot they are too But it's a work in progress and there's no chance of what happened last season even though some are uncertain

Once we get a win it will all change and we will finish mid table or above of that I have no doubts.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I witnessed at Preston, I agree.

But, from what I witnessed at Crawley, they are absolutely woeful...

Were we really that bad...

We had some clear-cut chances to score goals....

I know we didn't, but...

Plenty of away games under Dickov last season it felt like we barely had a shot on target, let alone a clear-cut chance, and we just ambled towards the inevitable concession of a late winner for the home team.

Probably scouting for a couple more holding midfielders. You know how fond of them he is ha ha.

Afraid not, my wife has suffered 3 hip dislocations in the last couple of weeks and been in and out of A&E, now she's been transferred to a hospital some considerable distance away for the next 2 weeks at least, so travelling is up taking much of my time.

I will pop in to OWTB when I can though to keep you all on your toes.

Edited by BP1960

We were poor at Crawley, poorer than against Crewe but I'm sure this is a confidence thing. The players themselves may have started to wonder if they're ever going to win a game again. Coaches always say that players need to relax and play their football but it must be difficult to relax when every week we concede an early goal and nothing seems to work out at the other end of the pitch. I think the fans have a big role to play in not getting on their backs when a pass goes astray. Let's get behind them because I think it will come good in the end.

We were poor at Crawley, poorer than against Crewe but I'm sure this is a confidence thing. The players themselves may have started to wonder if they're ever going to win a game again. Coaches always say that players need to relax and play their football but it must be difficult to relax when every week we concede an early goal and nothing seems to work out at the other end of the pitch. I think the fans have a big role to play in not getting on their backs when a pass goes astray. Let's get behind them because I think it will come good in the end.

The players and management can't have any cause for complaint about the support, other than the low home attendances.

We don't single players out for stick at games, have a good and vocal away following and, apart from Penney who brought it on himself, we back the manager.

Afraid not, my wife has suffered 3 hip dislocations in the last couple of weeks and been in and out of A&E, now she's been transferred to a hospital some considerable distance away for the next 2 weeks at least, so travelling is up taking much of my time.

I will pop in to OWTB when I can though to keep you all on your toes.

How many hips has she got? Could this three legged wonder be than answer to our goals from midfield problem???

Sorry, couldn't resist a bad joke. Hope she gets good treatment and is back on her feet soon.

All three of them.

:clown:

Going back to JCH he was a million miles better than having rooney on the pitch. For me rooney doesn't bring a great deal. When the ball is played up to him he hardly ever wins it!! He won 1 out of about 15 headers at crawley when he came on. We had a presence when JCH was on. I hope he keeps the front 2 from Saturday as they have us chances. They keep getting in the right positions they were in on Saturday goals will flow!!

Hes not Matt Smith you tool. Stick the ball into his feet instead of his head. Long balls are bread and butter for 95% of centre halves in this division unless they come up against a freak of nature like Smith. Stick a ball into Rooneys feet and he will hold and help us move forward/win free kicks for being tussled to the deck. I see Tarkowski gets no :censored: for constantly lumping the ball forward on Saturday as opposed to laying it into feet?

Were we really that bad...

We had some clear-cut chances to score goals....

I know we didn't, but...

Plenty of away games under Dickov last season it felt like we barely had a shot on target, let alone a clear-cut chance, and we just ambled towards the inevitable concession of a late winner for the home team.

We appear to be the opposite, giving early goals away and then seeing out the defeat with great credit

Hes not Matt Smith you tool. Stick the ball into his feet instead of his head. Long balls are bread and butter for 95% of centre halves in this division unless they come up against a freak of nature like Smith. Stick a ball into Rooneys feet and he will hold and help us move forward/win free kicks for being tussled to the deck. I see Tarkowski gets no :censored: for constantly lumping the ball forward on Saturday as opposed to laying it into feet?

Couldn't agree more with this.

Those who have said Rooney is a carthorse are mad. Smith WAS a carthorse but we're TREATING Rooney, a quality striker for this league, as a carthorse. He's 5"10 - how do you expect him to compete with CBs who are 6"4 and taller?

We're yet to see any sort of partnership develop between him and MacDonald but that takes time - something that they're not getting at the moment having played together only 3 times, not even in consecutive games...

Get them both on the same pitch, make the CMs advance so that they don't have to drop deep to collect the ball and then get the wingers to whip crosses into the middle where at least 1 of the 2 will be.

Edited by NewBlue

I expect to see at least one Americanism per post from everybody henceforth, as there are few things that give me greater pleasure on here than seeing HarryBosch pop a gasket.

I'm off to ask the Spanish waiter if I can get a decaf non-fat iced latte.

I expect to see at least one Americanism per post from everybody henceforth, as there are few things that give me greater pleasure on here than seeing HarryBosch pop a gasket.

Have a nice day!

Racist.

Couldn't agree more with this.

Those who have said Rooney is a carthorse are mad. Smith WAS a carthorse but we're TREATING Rooney, a quality striker for this league, as a carthorse. He's 5"10 - how do you expect him to compete with CBs who are 6"4 and taller?

We're yet to see any sort of partnership develop between him and MacDonald but that takes time - something that they're not getting at the moment having played together only 3 times, not even in consecutive games...

Get them both on the same pitch, make the CMs advance so that they don't have to drop deep to collect the ball and then get the wingers to whip crosses into the middle where at least 1 of the 2 will be.

He could start by trying to get his feet off the ground when attempting to win a header.

I see a decent player in Rooney, but he has to start putting a bit more effort in for me......shades of Robbie Simpson!

You Fat B*stard

*No abuse meant directly at any one person. My views are my own and in now way are meant to be abusive to anyone as per the rest of this thread

Ah, the thread is getting back on track. A good bit of blue sky thinking there, chaps.

Will that do, Zorrro?

That's just general c***speak as opposed to an Americanism.

"Skinny" would have provoked my ire.

Try harder

Edited by HarryBosch

Well he could start by jumping approximately in the vicinity of where the ball is going to land - not a couple of feet ahead - and at the same time as the ball is arriving - just a thought !