• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On Saturday JCH started out wide on the right. He tacked back and won his headers. Granted he didn't pull up any trees but compared to Rooney he did at least try. He is raw and if he doesn't get into trouble and works at his game he will improve. I felt a bit sorry for Macdonald. I thought he worked hard despite missing those chances and having seen him at his previous clubs I'm sure he will soon get goals for us. But the other striking position is a worry. JCH not ready yet and Rooney - well what can you say about him. I thought Philliskirk looked busy and tidy when he came on. Someone has to start taking responsibility for the goals.

Thanks. Hey, I don't take any satisfaction from coming on here and having a 'go' at the manager, players etc. I'm upset at the position that we're in. I've thought it since the start of the season that we're going to get relegated. It seems that Simon Corney agrees with a lot of my opinions as well. He's in today's Chron hammering the team for basic "schoolboy football." So i'm not the only one who thinks we're a poor, poor team with an overated, egotistical manager whose never done anything of note in the game, apart from sponge decent contracts off his dad at both Bristol City and Yeovil. The man is an invader and needs sacking.

Corney said:- "We have the talent and a very good manager." ; quite how your excuse for a post attempts to turn that into agreeing with your diatribe about LJ is amazing.

Time for you to crawl back up your twisted hole.

Anyone with any kind of footballing knowledge will know that Lee Johnson could possibly be the best thing to happen to Oldham Athletic in 20 years

New ideas, New ways of working, these are the things that will set the teams apart that can't spend £250 million in one summer

The people who are calling for LJ to leave will be the reason this club dies, and that there is a FACT

Anyone with any kind of footballing knowledge will know that Lee Johnson could possibly be the best thing to happen to Oldham Athletic in 20 years

New ideas, New ways of working, these are the things that will set the teams apart that can't spend £250 million in one summer

The people who are calling for LJ to leave will be the reason this club dies, and that there is a FACT

That's all a tad sensational.

Christ, one extreme to the other. Has everybody lost their :censored:ing minds?

Going back to JCH he was a million miles better than having rooney on the pitch. For me rooney doesn't bring a great deal. When the ball is played up to him he hardly ever wins it!! He won 1 out of about 15 headers at crawley when he came on. We had a presence when JCH was on. I hope he keeps the front 2 from Saturday as they have us chances. They keep getting in the right positions they were in on Saturday goals will flow!!

Wow.

I've been away on holiday for nearly 3 weeks and only came back last Thursday. Came on here to see what was the crack (had found out the results whilst away) with the performances etc - and well, it's like a different place.

There's a huge influx of new posters (relative to normal levels) and with them, a real drive in threads and posts that are, frankly, fecking unbelievable. I have my suspicions - like others - that these new posters are 1, maybe 2, current members on a (sad) wind up. At least i hope that's what it is.

Because if it's not - and these new accounts / new posters are genuine, it's a very, very worrying trend of our fan base. That trend being reactionalist idiots, of the type who get managers to lose their jobs.

This place has definately changed though, and as i say, i've only been away for a little under 3 weeks. Strange times...

Wow.

I've been away on holiday for nearly 3 weeks and only came back last Thursday. Came on here to see what was the crack (had found out the results whilst away) with the performances etc - and well, it's like a different place.

There's a huge influx of new posters (relative to normal levels) and with them, a real drive in threads and posts that are, frankly, fecking unbelievable. I have my suspicions - like others - that these new posters are 1, maybe 2, current members on a (sad) wind up. At least i hope that's what it is.

Because if it's not - and these new accounts / new posters are genuine, it's a very, very worrying trend of our fan base. That trend being reactionalist idiots, of the type who get managers to lose their jobs.

This place has definately changed though, and as i say, i've only been away for a little under 3 weeks. Strange times...

The lunatics are taking over the asylum, mate. Like someone once said, "There's more walking around than ever got put away". And that is NOT suggesting that anyone posting on here needs putting away.

This negative talk about LJ is ridiculous. This is his first managerial job. The team started the season pretty well, most of the performances have been way above anything we experienced under Dickov. I think most of us can see that any mistakes we've made have been severely punished and we have had some bad luck. However the real test for LJ is now - keeping the players believing in his methods and getting that next win. I know he is a bit of a flash harry but he's young and I think we should cut him some slack. I am a season ticket holder, I live in Surrey and the last few years the journey north have been a real waste of time but this season I can see real progress. See you at BP on Saturday.

This negative talk about LJ is ridiculous. This is his first managerial job. The team started the season pretty well, most of the performances have been way above anything we experienced under Dickov. I think most of us can see that any mistakes we've made have been severely punished and we have had some bad luck. However the real test for LJ is now - keeping the players believing in his methods and getting that next win. I know he is a bit of a flash harry but he's young and I think we should cut him some slack. I am a season ticket holder, I live in Surrey and the last few years the journey north have been a real waste of time but this season I can see real progress. See you at BP on Saturday.

Lovely post.

I wish there were more posters like you with no agenda. its a real breath of fresh air. Just sick of posters trying to satisfy self inflated ego's but worst of all trolls with self inflated ego's. it might go tits up with the team. Who knows but i like the football much more than in recent years so far and that makes it so much more bearable to handle the defeats when competing on our size of budget and fan base.

Bang on!