12th or 20th?

Not a pop at you, it was a good post but talking this way about football is really starting to make both my teeth & soul itch. At the same time.

Mods, can we ban the word "budget"? I don't pay to watch a budget.

But do the mods have the budget to enforce a ban on the word budget?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many times have we faced a promotion contender, then say to ourselves "how they're up there is beyond me", only for the aforementioned a team to go on and win promotion?

Ok most of us will maybe only see them once out of the 46 games they play, but to be successful at our level you need to be able to grind out results. Last weekend against Carlisle we managed that, we need to do it on a regular basis, starting tomorrow.

Edited by Tommy_Fent

How many times have we faced a promotion contender, then say to ourselves "how they're up there is beyond me", only for the aforementioned a team to go on and win promotion?

Ok most of us will maybe only see them once out of the 46 games they play, but to be successful at our level you need to be able to grind out results. Last weekend against Carlisle we managed that, we need to do it on a regular basis, starting tomorrow.

To be honest, some of our fans would say Barcelona were an average side after they beat us...

Not a pop at you, it was a good post but talking this way about football is really starting to make both my teeth & soul itch. At the same time.

Mods, can we ban the word "budget"? I don't pay to watch a budget.

List of terms now banned on OWTB:

Budget

Singing Section

#AMF

Any more for any more?

I think we can pretty much agree we're not going up this season. So would you rather finish 12th- playing penny/Dickov type football, or 20th playing (wolves aside) Johnson's type football?

For me as long as we don't go down, I'm relativly unfussed about results. I just want some entertainment. Really don't want Johnson to go in his shell, because results aren't great.

Is the football really that great this season? With the exception of PNE? Can see this being a long and, ultimately, disappointing season this year. Would snap your hand off for 20th but I worry that we will finish below that dotted line near the bottom of our Division...

Is the football really that great this season? With the exception of PNE? Can see this being a long and, ultimately, disappointing season this year. Would snap your hand off for 20th but I worry that we will finish below that dotted line near the bottom of our Division...

Stevenage, Preston, Peterborough, Port Vale 2nd half, 1st half vs. Derby.

It was quick, vibrant, energetic and exciting. unfortunately it isn't the norm. At times against Derby in that first half we were scarily good for a league one side, JCH, Monty and Dayton were key to that and none are in-form = stagnant football at times.

2nd half v Derby, last 70 mins against Tranmere, Walsall, Crawley, Wolves.

You say Tomato, I say Tomato...

The point is he's instilling the idea of good football. These players aren't good enough to play it every half of every match as you've proven. Sometimes you need to grind out matches too, but generally it's been far better than it was.

Can we ban the term 'muppet' ? Or alternatively just ban all the muppets. I'm easy.

On the original question, I'm not sure it's a valid option. We will, for the most part, be at least trying to play the 'LJ way'. And I reckon we'll finish about 16th doing exactly that. If that means we're out of the relegation scrap with a couple of games left that's progress. Next season will be a bigger test of the 'LJ way' - they'll be his players, a (hopefully) more settled squad with one or two key additions.

The football has already started to dry up this season.

I already think johnson confidence has been knocked in the last couple of months to the point that he has already stopped many of the beliefs he had at the start.

we no longer play from the back on a goal kick. Start of the season thae centre halfs would split and we would try to pass from the back. Now we do a hig kick up field.

Cory is no longer being given the balls in tight positions we trusted him with at the start

were not playing the short corners we were at the start

the high defensive line has movee back a fair few yards

Dickov did similar, started his reign with high tempo in your face football which dissapeared once results started going against us.

The football has already started to dry up this season.

I already think johnson confidence has been knocked in the last couple of months to the point that he has already stopped many of the beliefs he had at the start.

we no longer play from the back on a goal kick. Start of the season thae centre halfs would split and we would try to pass from the back. Now we do a hig kick up field.

Cory is no longer being given the balls in tight positions we trusted him with at the start

were not playing the short corners we were at the start

the high defensive line has movee back a fair few yards

Dickov did similar, started his reign with high tempo in your face football which dissapeared once results started going against us.

At home matches, where we're unbeaten in 4, we've mostly retained the passing, high-pressing, intense football. Was Swindon, Orient and a half against Carlisle evidence of your theory?

It's really annoying me now that LJ's tactics at Wolves are being held against him. In one match against a team that will destroy this league we trialled a different system and set-up to maximise our chance of getting a result. That, with some poor away form, where in the main we've actually played the brand of football we were promised anyway, has caused you to exaggerate all of them points.

He's adapted us slightly in an attempt to make us more efficient but the football has not started to dry up whatsoever.
Edited by NewBlue

At home matches, where we're unbeaten in 4, we've mostly retained the passing, high-pressing, intense football. Was Swindon, Orient and a half against Carlisle evidence of your theory?

It's really annoying me now that LJ's tactics at Wolves are being held against him. In one match against a team that will destroy this league we trialled a different system and set-up to maximise our chance of getting a result. That, with some poor away form, where in the main we've actually played the brand of football we were promised anyway, has caused you to exaggerate all of them points.

He's adapted us slightly in an attempt to make us more efficient but the football has not started to dry up whatsoever.

I totally agree, the major problem so far is that the threat from our wingers has evaporated, Dayton, Sid, Montano and Miller have not pulled their weight recently plus we have had 2 right backs and our left back out injured. That has contrived to give us much less width, meaning less entertainment