Home v Wolves in the FA Cup

I've spent some time in Wolverhampton over recent years. I can honestly say it is the worst place in Britain. It is totally devoid of any redeeming features. The most annoying thing is they live in some kind of cuckoo land, believing they are important in some strange way. The football club is not a big club, any more than Bolton or Blackburn. The town is embarrassingly called a city, but it has no character, nothing that is remotely noteworthy and it's sole purpose in this world is to make Birmingham look good, and that's no mean feat. It is backward and populated by knuckle dragging six fingered hicks. It's part of the Black Country because its a dirty :censored: hole. They're in the third division because they are :censored:. I can't stand the club and I detest the town. I have to shower every time I've visited.

Have you lived in Barrow-In-Furness?

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thinking back to a similar game we had to this a few years back (Leeds at home), we got on the FA internet stream and I thought it would be a great game to have on there as it would be a Roses derby with a near full house, a great atmosphere that would hopefully get our lads up for a real go at the giants...

...turned out to be a miserable affair, poor quality game with barely 5k there split pretty much 50/50 between both clubs. Pretty certain it was full price too.

If we do get on TV then hopefully we'll decide to reduce prices to get a full house and get it to make a real impression to the public that it's not just the big Premier League clubs that get Boundary Park rocking. I won't be going so I'm not looking to get a cheap ticket, I just think that there's more to gain than making a quick buck.

Oh and iirc we played Colbeck and Parker up front that night. I'll be having nightmare flashbacks tonight now.

I've spent some time in Wolverhampton over recent years. I can honestly say it is the worst place in Britain. It is totally devoid of any redeeming features. The most annoying thing is they live in some kind of cuckoo land, believing they are important in some strange way. The football club is not a big club, any more than Bolton or Blackburn. The town is embarrassingly called a city, but it has no character, nothing that is remotely noteworthy and it's sole purpose in this world is to make Birmingham look good, and that's no mean feat. It is backward and populated by knuckle dragging six fingered hicks. It's part of the Black Country because its a dirty :censored: hole. They're in the third division because they are :censored:. I can't stand the club and I detest the town. I have to shower every time I've visited.

Have you lived in Barrow-In-Furness?

Or Stockton-on-Tees, or Peterlee, or Middlesborough, or Plymouth? All far worse than Wolverhampton IMHO

Thinking back to a similar game we had to this a few years back (Leeds at home), we got on the FA internet stream and I thought it would be a great game to have on there as it would be a Roses derby with a near full house, a great atmosphere that would hopefully get our lads up for a real go at the giants...

...turned out to be a miserable affair, poor quality game with barely 5k there split pretty much 50/50 between both clubs. Pretty certain it was full price too.

If we do get on TV then hopefully we'll decide to reduce prices to get a full house and get it to make a real impression to the public that it's not just the big Premier League clubs that get Boundary Park rocking. I won't be going so I'm not looking to get a cheap ticket, I just think that there's more to gain than making a quick buck.

Oh and iirc we played Colbeck and Parker up front that night. I'll be having nightmare flashbacks tonight now.

That was an awful game

Their was the incident in the 1st half when joe colbeck was clean through decided to dribble it to the goalkeeper. I have never given so much abuse to one of our own players ever.

But their is absolutely no reason to suggest that this will be the same we have a completely different team and manager coaching staff and philosophy

Judging by the reaction wolves fans are not looking forward to coming here they like us were looking forward to a non league tie and easy progression they know it will be much harder coming here if we play to our potential.

It's one of the least winnable ties we could have ended up with. And, I hope it's on telly, but why would they want an all League One game? I'm dead against the tv stations picking ties involving teams from the same division (usually Prem) when there are other options, generally speaking.

I generally agree, but they do tend to do this, so why not our match? They could also provide a hefty bit of spin to it also, play it like we are in different divisions (in many ways we are), they the fallen giants, we the giant killers. Considering the media often make a lot of certain teams past exploits, it surprises me they don't make more of ours i.e. 1990, '94, City, Everton and now earlier this year (though I would imagine that the latter will get mentioned).

If OAFC vs WWFC is on tv, it will be a disgrace. The tv money should be for a club that has battled through 4 qualifying rounds and earned the right. Like us getting Liverpool in R4 last season. I hate every single game of Uniteds being on tv in the FA cup especially when its somewhere :censored:ty like Fulham away. This would feel the same. The big club Wolves getting on tv because they will draw a bigger audience. Bollocks, I hope were not on the tele, do wolves, do Wrexham away and then get on TV against Chelsea away.

This year (I reckon...)

Chesterfield v Daventry Town

Shortwood United or Aldershot v Port Vale (If Shortwood get through)

Macclesfield Town v Swindon Town

Although I agree that there's not many good ties on there, Shame the Chesterfield game is at their place!

I think they'll try to keep it as small team at home to 'big' team.

You'd expect Boreham Wood v Carlisle to be on. Worcester/Lincoln v Plymouth, Hednesford v Crawley, Gloucester v Fleetwood, etc. are the types you'd think they would also pick. It is whether they chase viewing figures for a big team, but as mentioned by others, you'd hope not really.

As long as it's played at 3pm on the Saturday, which is when football should be played, I couldn't care less. If they start fannying about with the kick off times, ie. dinner time Saturday or Sunday tea time, then I can't go. So bollox to 'em.

If we start getting moved kick off times, OAFC wont need your support, we will have loads of Chinese tourists in your place

If Shortwood get through there is a good chance the game might get moved to Forest Green. I can not see for the life of me how that ground will be able to hold Port Vale its tiny but having played there a few times it goes up a big hill.

Biggest memory is playing in a cup final there we were 1-0 down at HT our keeper booted the door as he went through it & it came of the hinges lol...we lost 2-0! Bollocks!

You my friend are a moron, my mothers side of the family originate from Barrow and I don't appreciate your negative comments to the place.

You have to agree that it just hasn't been the same since the dinosaur ate the bus station in chewitts advert.

Edited by opinions4u