Latics Player Commentary - Sign him up

I have listen to most games this season on Latics Player due to working overseas and to say the quality of commentary is poor is an understatement....

I was looking forward to yesterdays game to see how Mike from the MEN performed and he was excellent and showed Roy up.

He made it funny not to biased and overall a good experience and the only downside was when Roy opened up!! The guy is clueless!

Can Mike become a permanent addition to the Latics Player Team????

I think you are joking. Mike was useless. For me the worst commentary ever. It was like 2 friends chatting to each other watching the game. They saw it but never mentioned the game to each other. If he was to be a regular my subscription would be cancelled tomorrow.

I thought he was ok, but didn't bring the game to life - possibly due to the quality of the game.

More of a TV commentary than audio.

That's how I saw it, he was quite interesting and kept the conversation ticking even managing to help Roy make more of a positive contribution but there wasn't enough description of the game and not enough excitement. Gordon sounds like he might explode (or pass out through running out of oxygen) every time we have the ball in the opposition half, the possibility of combustion definitely adds to the excitement for me.

Long-time supporter & OWTB reader, first-time poster - still made up about the win yesterday! Also enjoyed the Player commentary, Mike K sounded very professional and Roy... just his usual. Having seen it, the outrage at the sending-off was justified in that their player had to go if Kusunga was going. Terrible decision. For someone who listens to most away games on Player, think it needs a balance between enthusiasm (which Gordon & Roy both have plenty of) & commentary skills - where both Mikes have the edge. A mix is needed, nice to hear genuine celebration when we win, especially away!

Finally, my IT skills don't seem up to editing my profile properly (which is why I think this post is going to feature Brian Kilcline's name, and having been lucky enough to see him in action, I'd like to change it ASAP!) - any tips very welcome, cheers.

Finally, my IT skills don't seem up to editing my profile properly (which is why I think this post is going to feature Brian Kilcline's name, and having been lucky enough to see him in action, I'd like to change it ASAP!) - any tips very welcome, cheers.

Keep posting and you'll be Brian Talbot before you know it!

Keep posting and you'll be Brian Talbot before you know it!

Or you can pay the mods £5 and choose your own player- helps keep the site going too.

It's a prize for the prediction league competitions too.

There was plenty of outrage from our side of the ground too, I can tell you. They would have been reflecting what was out there. About 30 people involced including the bench. He literally upended hi and shoved inot the hoardings. Most of the outrage was for not sending off their player. The ref bottled numerous decisions.

Thanks for the feedback - both good and bad!

In my defence I've never commentated on a football match before (I did sideline TV in the US last season) and stepped in as a favour to Gordon and Roy who are both top men who help the press a lot. It took a bit of getting to grips with but I felt a lot more confident as it went on and ended up really enjoying it.

Gordon won't have many 60ths and he'll be back before you can say Shrewsbury away...

Cheers,

Mike

Thanks for the feedback - both good and bad!

In my defence I've never commentated on a football match before (I did sideline TV in the US last season) and stepped in as a favour to Gordon and Roy who are both top men who help the press a lot. It took a bit of getting to grips with but I felt a lot more confident as it went on and ended up really enjoying it.

Gordon won't have many 60ths and he'll be back before you can say Shrewsbury away...

Cheers,

Mike

You did well Mike, as does Matt when he does a stint. Twitter updates good too, keep them coming.

Well done Mike, I enjoyed the commentary, although it seemed a bit subdued to begin with. I am, however, unhappy at the negative vibe towards Gordon and Roy. They do a great job and the commentary, although sometimes biased is both lively and passionate, just the way it should be. They are after all Latics fanatics like the rest of us.

I think the criticism of the commentary is very unfair.

I think those who volunteer to do it should be applauded.

As a latics supporter who is 98 per cent dependant on latics player I am glad it is not perfect and sterile - that would destroy it for me if it was, I much rather hearing the match like a real fan not like a real "professional" commentator.

Well done and thanks to those involved.

I think the criticism of the commentary is very unfair.

I think those who volunteer to do it should be applauded.

As a latics supporter who is 98 per cent dependant on latics player I am glad it is not perfect and sterile - that would destroy it for me if it was, I much rather hearing the match like a real fan not like a real "professional" commentator.

Well done and thanks to those involved.

Couldn't agree more Baldy. If John Motson had've stepped in some on here would've found something to complain about.