Shrewsbury

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What are the other options to Mellor at Left Back? I do like the kid, but he's a central midfielder, it goes back to the square peg, round hole comments I've made previously.

If Grounds played Left Back, would that mean Mellor at centre half??

If so i'd definitely stick with the team I mentioned earlier.

I like Charlie Mac, but Rooney and Philly destroyed them in the JPT, and Rooney has been doing reasonably well since being dropped, like coming on against Wolves and bagging, he hasn't whined like a bitch (at least not in public)

Gonna be a tough game tonight, but i'd like to think we can win, so i'm going to say 2-1 Latics.

Should have stuck some cash on it, although was wrong about Charlie, great effort from him tonight, with a goal and an assist, hopefully he goes on a run similar to a few weeks ago now.

Just got back from the match. We were woeful until JCH came on, Petrasso looked like a little boy lost. Mellor had a awful game, the lad is not a left back. Oxley kept goal quite well, no chance with their goal which was a mix up between Grounds and Tarky, but oxley's distribution was woeful. Lanzoni was steady. The captain again was magnificent, would have said he and JCH for MOM. Dayton had a quiet game but for me he has to start every week. Wes gave us a bit more bite in midfield when he came on. Danny P again showed what an asset he is and took his goal like a quality striker. Great 3 points feel we have the momentum with us to climb even higher.

Just got back from the match. We were woeful until JCH came on, Petrasso looked like a little boy lost. Mellor had a awful game, the lad is not a left back. Oxley kept goal quite well, no chance with their goal which was a mix up between Grounds and Tarky, but oxley's distribution was woeful. Lanzoni was steady. The captain again was magnificent, would have said he and JCH for MOM. Dayton had a quiet game but for me he has to start every week. Wes gave us a bit more bite in midfield when he came on. Danny P again showed what an asset he is and took his goal like a quality striker. Great 3 points feel we have the momentum with us to climb even higher.

Just got back and agree with the above completely. We lacked a target without JCH and had very little shape in the final third. As soon as we found his feet and he brought our midfield into the game as an attacking force we looked dangerous. Felt we were a little deep and a touch sloppy in possession at times but positive changes and a will to win the game brought its reward. Great 3 points and all to play for in the next couple of weeks!!