Latics 0-2 Colchester: Post match reaction

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very poor today the lad Plummer shouldn't pull on a Latics shirt again midfield was a waste of time today smiths worst game by far .How we miss Wes, Winchester was a passenger as was Millar when he came on Mellor isn't the same lad that was impressive at the end of last season squad is paper thin and a long hard winter is in store if we keep turning in performances like that

Why play Plummer instead of Kasunga? The article announcing the team on the Latics website made a convoluted attempt to explain what was a deafening silence. Why play Plummer when we have players like Brown and Kasunga? We desperately need reinforcements in 2 weeks, in midfield and attack where we lack a poacher, and I don't believe Mac will be fit for more than 10 matches.

I thought Smith had a rare poor performance today.

Mellor and Brown were good, Rooney isn't getting the service and Philiskirk worked hard again.

We're missing that ball-winning play disrupting terrier in midfield that Wes brings and as much as I like Petrasso, we need two first team wingers. We've got rid of Montano and I can see Smeltz following him out of the door.

It's such a shame we've just been hit with injuries like this. At least JCH is back for Thursday.

Not many positives today;

Oxley 6...Not much to do except pick the ball out of the net.

Lanzoni 7...Competed well enough.

Tarkowski 5..Lethargic display.

Grounds 6..Some careless distribution.

Plummer 4..Looked out of his depth.

Petrasso 6..Ran around in circles getting nowhere.

Smith 6..Tried hard enough,but little support around him.

Winchester 6..Surprised he was subbed, not the worst by any means.

Philliskirk 6..Some good touches,but nothing to feed on today.

Rooney 4..Hardly won a ball on the ground or in the air.

Mellor 5...Not sharp enough.

Subs;

Brown 6..A decent return to the team.

Millar 4.. No impact at all.

Pritchard 6.. Did ok.

Poor team selection by the manager IMO starting the left flank with Plummer and Mellor, where were Kunsunga and Schemlz with kids on the bench ?

Its obvious now some of the squad aren't good enough and I predict a plunge in the transfer market in January for at least three (not lightweight again I hope) players.

Edited by BP1960

Today we lost to a poor team, the manager must take the blame for the defeat, we gifted them 2 goals, what the eff Plummer started the game for is beyond me. His month loan must be up now please send him back. I can only assume Winchester picked up a knock as he was our best player 1st half. Conor Brown played well and deserves a start on Boxing day. We miss Dayton and today showed that. As said though we now look paper thin as a squad with injuries and suspensions.