Team and Prediction Vs Liverpool

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oxley.

Grounds Kusunga Tarkowski (if fit) Winchester.

Petrasso Mellor Smith Dayton.

JCH (if fit) Philliskirk (if fit).

If players aren't fit: Oxley

Mellor Grounds Kusunga Winchester

Dayton Rogers Smith Millar

Petrasso

Rooney (needs must)

If Weso is back I'd obviously start him in midfield along side Korey

My prediction; a lot like one of the Australian 1st innings scores along the lines of 342-1

Edited by Oafc1895

Can someone bump the pre-Everton thread from 2008? Their first XI is great, but there's :censored:'s chance they'll all play.

Anyhow. I've bet £10 we won't get beat by three clear goals. I've also pledged to donate £50 to PlayerShare if we win. What bets do I lay?

Liverpool -2 for the 3 clear goals, but you may not be able to get better odds than evens. In which case the Liverpool -3 handicap is possibly feasible where you put some on the tie (for us getting beat by 3 goals, so 3-0 or 4-1 etc) and some on Liverpool -3 for us getting beat 4-0, 5-1 etc. and you should be able to get better odds than evens for both of them. The odds for Liverpool to score 3 or more goals might be doable too but they might not be greater than evens either. I think you may be able to lay off your bet by using the Asian Handicap system and choosing Liverpool -2.25, -2.5 or -2.75 but I'm not fully confident that will work, but it might be better than trying to place 2 bets in the Liverpool -3 handicap

Oldham to win obviously for us to win, the best price I saw is Stan James where we are 22/1, but if you look on oddschecker you should be able to find the odds for all the bookies.

There are bookies on the Playershare website too.

Edited by rudemedic

A point of information:

When Latics won at Goodison in 2008 it was the greatest result in the Club's history, with 53 places between the clubs. Last season’s victory against Liverpool replaced the Everton result as there were 57 places between them. On Sunday the pyramid difference will be 59 places.

For me I'd play

Ox

Grounds

Tarky

Kasunga

Patrasso

Smith

Wes

Philli

Schmeltz

JCH

Rooney

Give it a go, if we conceed 10 we conceed 10 at least it will be entertaining. Get the money then concentrate on the league.

I would imagine that Dayton will start and that we will play with a back 4 - so Brown in and maybe Petrasso on the bench.

As for the score - my heart says a narrow defeat, my head says a wide defeat... It all depends on the team that Liverpool put out and whether we step up on the day.

I will not be at the game but wish the travelling fans a game to remember! Enjoy the day.

I'm hoping Rodgers takes pity on us once they are two goals up so we don't concede more than five which would be a good result. The impossible dream is why I'm going.

Ox,

Winchester, Kusunga. Grounds, Mellor

Tarky

Rooney,Smith, Wes, Philli

JCH

I would imagine that Dayton will start and that we will play with a back 4 - so Brown in and maybe Petrasso on the bench.

As for the score - my heart says a narrow defeat, my head says a wide defeat... It all depends on the team that Liverpool put out and whether we step up on the day.

I will not be at the game but wish the travelling fans a game to remember! Enjoy the day.

Ah you are quite right. In that case swap Schmeltz with Dayton. I'd stick with Patts because he looks dangerous and can run at people.

My heart says 3-5-2 but again I think your 4-4-2 is possibly what will happen.

wouldn't be surprised if he did. Rodgers won't take us lightly after last year, and having watched us a fair few times (and praised us in the press, I think?), I can't see him putting a weak team out.

There is a difference between Rodgers not putting a weak side out and Suarez starting. If Sturridge was fit I could see one of him and Suarez starting but he isn't and I can't see Rodgers risking the best player in the Premership at the moment getting injured against us when Liverpool shouldn't, on paper, need him to play to beat us. I think. Suarez may be on the bench, and if they aren't winning after an hour he will come on.