For me he should start Sunday. If the incentive of playing at Anfield isn't enough then playing against your dads side certainly would be. Could be a real plus for us if Anton plays and has that family competitive streak to beat his dad. In addition, Anton hasn't really been given a chance of a run of games and as we all know results haven't been going our way so ATM I don't see anyone of the guys who have stepped in at CM keeping him out.

It's his turn for a game and what a place to stake your claim as a regular...

Would he start for you?

LJ states in the Chron, and I quote...

"It will be a nice moment for Anton, it will certainly be special for him as it doesn't happen very often, and it is rare that you get such a lovley sideline story to go alongside a big game like this one."

So Anton will play some part in the game I imagine.

I rate Rodgers . Am I in the minority ?

I think so. He seems nothing special to me. A very ordinary player, but he does put a shift in.

He'll be on the bench on Saturday with a five minute runaround when we're 0-4 down at the end. A little clap and a hug with his dad. Jumpers for goalposts.

He's neat and tidy and I like his desire to keep the ball moving, often at a sharp pace, however I can't help but worry about his range of passing allowing him to progress much further than our subs bench. Super through ball for Charlie Mac at Shrewsbury and DP at Wolves (missed), but they are few and far between amongst his many cameos. Add to this is complete inneffectiveness as a tackling / marking CM and he isn't the player we so hoped he could be when he first played. I might be proved wrong and I damn hope so, but it's a no for me and I'm glad Mellor and Winch seem to have jumped ahead in the pecking order, possibly along with Harkin.