Ahead of both Mellor And Winchester for me. Neat and tidy and moves the ball on. Needs a run so we can really see if he can cut it. I think he could.

he definitely knows the position better than Mellor/Winchester. I reckon he'll play some part, might put a bet on him to score...

Ahead of both Mellor And Winchester for me. Neat and tidy and moves the ball on. Needs a run so we can really see if he can cut it. I think he could.

Both our lads have bundles more ability and potential in my view. Winch is the most natural footballer barring Smith at the club IMO, but as we all know his lack of ANY physicality might prevent him ever discovering the potential he has. Mellor has an absolute wand of a left peg, but seems to severely struggle with fitness. Despite these flaws there is gallons more potential with both these lads and LJ is trying to give them both more of a chance which is great.

I see all 3 needing to play in a midfield 3 with Smith and Wes, however I only see Winchester able to play the more attacking role in the 3, like he did at Coventry and Wolves. Looks like Harkin will become the player to fit into this formation that LJ is going for away from BP.

If the lad plays then he'll have my support, as will the other X.

He's neat and tidy and I like his desire to keep the ball moving, often at a sharp pace, however I can't help but worry about his range of passing allowing him to progress much further than our subs bench. Super through ball for Charlie Mac at Shrewsbury and DP at Wolves (missed), but they are few and far between amongst his many cameos. Add to this is complete inneffectiveness as a tackling / marking CM and he isn't the player we so hoped he could be when he first played. I might be proved wrong and I damn hope so, but it's a no for me and I'm glad Mellor and Winch seem to have jumped ahead in the pecking order, possibly along with Harkin.

as lot more than the odd through ball is required and he just hasn,t got it, light in so many areas, if he had it he would have forced his was in front of mellor and winchester by now, obviously not shown it on the training pitch either, gone at the end of the season,

as lot more than the odd through ball is required and he just hasn,t got it, light in so many areas, if he had it he would have forced his was in front of mellor and winchester by now, obviously not shown it on the training pitch either, gone at the end of the season,

I'm reluctant to rule him out yet, he looks like one of those players who could improve in time.

You're wrong there, he's the best 7 a side player in the squad according to LJ so definitely does show it in training.

Most probably the fact he is poor defensively that has stopped him being selected

You're wrong there, he's the best 7 a side player in the squad according to LJ so definitely does show it in training.

Most probably the fact he is poor defensively that has stopped him being selected

this

he really is shocking defensively for a CM.

On the bench for me. Let's not forget he's still a young lad so no need to write him off just yet. He's certainly got potential. Reminds me of Dale Stephens a little bit, who needed a loan spell at a lower club before progressing.

Bit silly to suggest he should start because its "his turn" or because of who his dad is though.

The selection is a no brainer - Wes and Smith.

• 5 months later...

Is it just me or is Rodgers a very mediocre player?

He's quite a tidy passer of a football.

But I think he needs to get stuck in a lot more to break up the play.

My instinct says not good enough. But he's only 20 or 21 so I wouldn't write him off yet.

Is it just me or is Rodgers a very mediocre player?

Nope, its not just you.

The theory is he's here so LJ can still keep a mentor relationship with Rodgers Snr & Liverpool can loan us players and the like.

That theory falls flat at the point that we've - so it seems - had diddly squat from Liverpool.

So; we're keeping a bang average player for...?

It is possible Liverpool are paying a sum for us to look after him.

I doubt it, it's not in Liverpools interest as they have no affiliation with the player, other than being the managers son.

I think LJ has seen something he wants to work on and injury dampened the impact Anton could have last season.

So; we're keeping a bang average player for...?

Because he's cheap, doesn't mind not being in the first team and does an OK job whenever he steps up.

He's simply the sort of squad player that clubs like us need. It's like an amateur cricket club with the fella that doesn't mind batting 11, is OK in the field and owns a car with a big boot.

Because he's cheap, doesn't mind not being in the first team and does an OK job whenever he steps up.

He's simply the sort of squad player that clubs like us need. It's like an amateur cricket club with the fella that doesn't mind batting 11, is OK in the field and owns a car with a big boot.

Ha!

Love that cricket bit....!