• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dayton has only just come back from injury and is probably the reason he didn't start. Apparently we're signing a couple more players this week if one is a striker I can't see Rooney getting a sniff!

I didn't go today but it sounded like a creditable performance....46% possession at a top 4 premier league club is a great effort, it's just a shame we didn't score a goal for all those traveling fans.

Taking Rooney off for anyone was a good idea. Would've liked to see JCH stay on though.

We played better after the changes - but think that was the goal spurring the players on rather than the changes.

Harkins looked alright, will reserve judgement till I've seen him a couple more times.

No they weren't.

Harkin and Dayton gave us a fresh impetus and we went onto have our best spell of the game after they came on.

But - crack on, any excuse for a pop eh?

Dayton was cack! Didn't manage to get a cross in and was out muscled by a 8 st midget everytime he tried to do anything

Harkin was decent though.

Edited by NIKI1234

No they weren't.

Harkin and Dayton gave us a fresh impetus and we went onto have our best spell of the game after they came on.

But - crack on, any excuse for a pop eh?

I was a bit suppised by Lee's comments, I had GMR online commentory along with LTV with Neil Mellor and they were saying our subs were really good tactical moves and worked in our favour,

The subs were a joke...

I normally agree with your point of view.

But on this I don't. Rooney and JCH had been largely ineffective and weren't likely to improve.

Harkin brought our central midfield duo into play a lot more and we started linking possession in the final third. Dayton was a tad lightweight but was worrying them. Petrasso looked threatening moved to the right.

Granted, Rodgers was a token gesture for the press, but the first two subs gave us a chance.

Initially I thought the subs were strange, taking off 2 forwards, OK 1 was playing out wide and did an OK job there, IMHO, and bringing on two attacking midfielders. However, after the change we had a sustained spell of pressure, and I thought they were good substitutions. It's a good job I'm not involved in coaching football then :wink:

Harkins looks like a taller, bigger (more solid) cross between Baxter and Croft. I think if Johnson can get him performing he could be a very useful addition.

Dayton did OK but in all honesty I'd have expected him to do better against the makeshift RB Sterling, but he might have done if he had gotten one or two more decisions, which he probably should have done (I think he got one), and that might be clouding my judgement somewhat.