Be interesting to see the Harkins penalty claim first reaction live was a stonewall penalty, also thought Oxley could have done more to prevent Aspas goal will reserve judgement until i have seen it.

Don't think there's much Oxley could do. I thought Kusunga allowed Aspas far too much space though.

Poor from Grounds for the second goal

Sloppy but probably down to the fatigue of defending against a top side for 80 minutes. If we keep playing Grounds at centre-back, I wouldn't be surprised if he's picked up by a bigger club when his contract expires at the end of this season.

From where he stands Oxley could do nothing but Tarky took his leg out of the way for the first and kept it in the way for the second. Lverpool had so few shots on target. Grounds was just worn out after all his brilliant work.

Edited by Hands on

Unfortunately the itv camera work isn't the best for the penalty as it doesn't capture the little nudge in the back by Henderson just before the "clumsy" challenge which sent Harkins down. Stonewall penalty from where I was sat, which was pretty close with unobstructed view

Unfortunately the itv camera work isn't the best for the penalty as it doesn't capture the little nudge in the back by Henderson just before the "clumsy" challenge which sent Harkins down. Stonewall penalty from where I was sat, which was pretty close with unobstructed view

I think Brad Jones coming to punch the ball saved Henderson and disguised the fact he clearly pushed Harkins.

Edited by Postman Matt

I think Brad Jones coming to punch the ball saved Henderson and disguised the fact he clearly pushed Harkins.

Having watched the game on LFCTV a little while ago, I'd agree with you there.

Could well have ended up with a replay with a bit of good fortune in that second half. Shame we weren't a bit more adventurous before going behind.

I'm intrigued by those thinking Mellor was MotM - he did ok but Liverpool had clearly picked him out with the intention of attacking him second half - and created a good few chances, including the goal.

Tarky is class. He shouldn't just be looking for a move to the top flight. He should be headed for one of the very top clubs.

Why did we give them the ball back when they sliced the clearance? Can't remember who took it but LJ was clearly talking to him whilst Agger limped off. Too nice there silly mistake and they bagged pretty much straight away. OK, it's one tiny incident in a game when we didn't disgrace ourselves against one of England's best teams, but even still it is the first time that LJ has pissed me off in a big way. I'm actually still a bit annoyed now!!

Still, we can concentrate on pushing for the play offs now.

Why did we give them the ball back when they sliced the clearance? Can't remember who took it but LJ was clearly talking to him whilst Agger limped off. Too nice there silly mistake and they bagged pretty much straight away. OK, it's one tiny incident in a game when we didn't disgrace ourselves against one of England's best teams, but even still it is the first time that LJ has pissed me off in a big way. I'm actually still a bit annoyed now!!

Still, we can concentrate on pushing for the play offs now.

It was Dayton.

And I assume the playoffs comment is meant tongue-in-cheek.

It was Dayton.

And I assume the playoffs comment is meant tongue-in-cheek.

No it isn't, I am a massive optimist. Yes, I know if I think about it then I'm being silly, but football for me is about dreams and emotions, so I need to think this way or I will get bored!

Great to see the whole game on LTV.

Great credit to Kasunga, Tarky, Grounds, Smith (what a player this lad is) and Wes.

Petrasso improving every game. Wouldn't mind Rodgers getting more game time next to both Smith and Wes, neat and tidy footballer

Thought Oxley and Rooney were decent too, the rest just ok. Disappointed JCH couldn't get into the game, Mellor good at times, very poor at others.

Man of the match, Sterling comfortably.

Pity Tarky was adjudged to have fouled late on (wrongly) as we were in a great position had play continued.

Not enough of a threat to claim we were unlucky but played some lovely football at times.

After watching it back on LFC TV it looked like JCH was absolutely shatterd he hardly had a touch first half and was struggling against their back 4, he was caught in a sprint by Henderson and I don't think that would have happened if he was 100% he's played a lot of games of late though and only 19 so hence the change

Watched it last night and I was more impressed with some of our play than I was on Sunday.

3) things came to mind after watching ScouseTV:

1) I wanted Sid on instead Dayton. I know he's erratic but sometimes you need something surprising and Sid is certainly surprising.......anyway, if his team-mates don't know what he's going to do how would Liverpool have known what to do......but I think he wouldn't have got knocked over like Dayton.

2) Shouldn't Rooney and Petrasso have swapped sides instead of having all the experience on the right.

3) I hated that co-commentator, I think it was Gary McAllister. I've never known anyone compliment the opposition less.

3) I hated that co-commentator, I think it was Gary McAllister. I've never known anyone compliment the opposition less.

He was awful. Stating after each Latics attack broke down that the player in question didn't have the ability to trouble the mighty Liverpool. I couldn't help but think, after Petrasso's turn and shot, 'How's that for ability, you prick?'

He was awful. Stating after each Latics attack broke down that the player in question didn't have the ability to trouble the mighty Liverpool. I couldn't help but think, after Petrasso's turn and shot, 'How's that for ability, you prick?'

This, bias doesn't cover it. FWIW it was Gary Gillespie