Relegation

Happy clappers sit this one but in all fairness I cant see us picking up more than 2 points out the next 4 games and that will leave us in real trouble.

We seem to be able to dominate the majority of teams possession wise but that means nothing unless you put the ball in the onion bag which in all fairness we have struggled to for years but when Johnson came in he had this mentality of you score 3 we will score 4 but that seems to have gone out of the window in favour of trying to play the right way when it's getting us know where....

I really am losing the faith and the belief that this squad is capable of keeping us in this division.

Happy clappers sit this one but in all fairness I cant see us picking up more than 2 points out the next 4 games and that will leave us in real trouble.

We seem to be able to dominate the majority of teams possession wise but that means nothing unless you put the ball in the onion bag which in all fairness we have struggled to for years but when Johnson came in he had this mentality of you score 3 we will score 4 but that seems to have gone out of the window in favour of trying to play the right way when it's getting us know where....

I really am losing the faith and the belief that this squad is capable of keeping us in this division.

Can't disagree with that.

I had such high hopes after Stevenage away that this would be a swashbuckling crazy season, unfortunately there have been many more similarities to last season than I hoped.

Peterborough and Wolves won't be easy games for us to enforce ourselves on the opposition but we need to start soon and we need to be fearless with our football.

Peterborough H - D

Wolves H - L

Swindon A - L

MK Dons A - L

Gillingham H - W

Bristol City H - W

MK Dons H - W

Tranmere A - D

Preston H - L

Rotherham H - W

Crewe A - D

Crawley H - W

Orient A - L

Brentford H - L

Bradford A - W

Sheff U H - D

Colchester A - W

Coventry H - D

Carlisle A - L

Notts County H - W

8 wins, 5 draws, 7 losses and 29 points? Would love that.

To be fair, I think would could beat one of Pboro & Wolves and some of those away games could definitely be wins. 80% of these teams are no better than we are - Orient, Wolves, Preston, Brentford definitely are though.

Edited by iamjonesyyoafc

No just more bullets to fire...

See if you agree in may when we're 1 division from part time players...

And when we're not can you stop posting pointless :censored:? You do it for a living for christ sake... Leave it out on here

.... when Johnson came in he had this mentality of you score 3 we will score 4 but that seems to have gone out of the window in favour of trying to play the right way when it's getting us know where....

I don't think this was ever LJ's philosophy. So it can't have gone out of the window.

From the off LJ has tried to get his players to "play the right way" which seems to be a different right way to the one that you would like to see.

Pre-season some supporters seemed to think that "you score 3 we will score 4" is how things would pan out because we supposedly had a weak back 4 but had signed marauding wingers and couple of super strikers in McD and Rooney. That was just supporter talk though.

As it turned out our back 4 are reasonably strong (apart from the ever tricky LB position) but the wingers don't maraud and our strikers don't strike. Give LJ a chance to have a few more cracks at it. I'm sure he'll get there in the end.

As for relegation, I don't think so. As others have said there are 4 or more worse teams than us in this league.

Edited by laticsrblue

Here we go, a relegation thread. Dear oh dear. Yes some of our last few games have been ropey, I'm not denying that but come on Matt, It's January not end of fricking March! Plenty of games left we have hung on for 3 or more seasons and this team isn't worse than what we had under Penny, nor is our manager as clueless.

Edited by IOWA1984

Peterborough H - D

Wolves H - L

Swindon A - L

MK Dons A - L

Gillingham H - W

Bristol City H - W

MK Dons H - W

Tranmere A - D

Preston H - L

Rotherham H - W

Crewe A - D

Crawley H - W

Orient A - L

Brentford H - L

Bradford A - W

Sheff U H - D

Colchester A - W

Coventry H - D

Carlisle A - L

Notts County H - W

8 wins, 5 draws, 7 losses and 29 points? Would love that.

To be fair, I think would could beat one of Pboro & Wolves and some of those away games could definitely be wins. 80% of these teams are no better than we are - Orient, Wolves, Preston, Brentford definitely are though.

They make great reading with a W at the end of every line. 87 Pts!

I wasn't going to post a reply but ffs it's january! I'm not a happy clapper, I'm far from happy with recent defeats, but I border on optimism because I'm a fan and supporter. We've had so many years of crap football, I can remember far too many 0-0's with teams that have surpassed our level, far too many thumpings and far too much long ball and for as long as I can remember there have been people in the stands and On forums pleading for decent football. It's painfully obvious we need goals, even the worst manager would see that and it will change!

Don't follow all this. Two away games - we should have drawn against Walsall (7th place) and lost narrowly against Port Vale (8th place). We next play Peterborough 6th and Wolves 3rd at home and surprise surprise are unlikely to win those games either BUT we still have to play the teams around us, by which time the new recruits will have experience of playing the LJ way, and it it those games we need to win. Always better to lose against those above you rather than those below and around you. 6 wins and a draw or two will be enough, although I expect better, because I see the relegation places being filled by teams that fail to get a point a game.