Solutions

I like the idea of shooting at goal, novel idea, might just catch on.

2 new strikers needed for me, sticking with the current mob = relegation.

I think we need a better supply-line first. Our corners on Saturday were woeful - surely it's not too much to ask of a professional footballer to be able to beat the first man at corners, is it?

For all the industry Wes and Smith put in in the centre of the park, they don't create jack and our wingers/full-backs arn't much better. Wonder if Fillipe Morais fancies a return??

Edited by JoeP

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we need a better supply-line first. Our corners on Saturday were woeful - surely it's not too much to ask of a professional footballer to be able to beat the first man at corners, is it?

For all the industry Wes and Smith put in in the centre of the park, they don't create jack and our wingers/full-backs arn't much better. Wonder if Fillipe Morais fancies a return??

Fair points, Worrall should help in that respect I think, more direct.

Problem with our strikers is that no team will be remotely worried about facing any of them, no aerial ability, no pace, nobody lethal in the box.

I think one thing that would improve the team is to play at a higher tempo. This may help us with the problem of overpassing and allowing the opposition to get into position.

LJ has said just that Pete, unfortunately it's not happening often enough.

I agree, but I also think there's too much emphasis on video analysis, in cricket it looks like its addled our cricketer's brains. I doubt if Australia's David Warner has ever bothered with analysis.

Today they seem to want to make a simple game over complicated.

It's great that we have a manager who we're told has such attention to detail & works so hard but, is it overkill at League One level?

Is it part of the problem?

Can players with League One brains deal with so much information? (that's not meant to sound as disparaging as it does but I can't think of another way of putting it).

Maybe keeping it simpler for a few games is worth a try.

It's great that we have a manager who we're told has such attention to detail & works so hard but, is it overkill at League One level?

Is it part of the problem?

Can players with League One brains deal with so much information? (that's not meant to sound as disparaging as it does but I can't think of another way of putting it).

Maybe keeping it simpler for a few games is worth a try.

Agreed Harry;

Simple instructions from the manager "Attack every ball and rip into them for 90 minutes lads".

is it just me thats not a football manager? its a :censored:ing disgrace that at a club like ours which has so much tactical potential in the stands, has to make do with just any old charlatan that bobs along. surely Simon can just pluck one from out of the :censored:ing main stand when things go to :censored:?

Fair points, Worrall should help in that respect I think, more direct.

Problem with our strikers is that no team will be remotely worried about facing any of them, no aerial ability, no pace, nobody lethal in the box.

The fact LJ has been trying to sign a striker and winger in Goodwillie and Driver suggests he shares our views and that he's acutely aware of the problem. Having the resources to resolve it must be a nightmare for him.

is it just me thats not a football manager? its a :censored:ing disgrace that at a club like ours which has so much tactical potential in the stands, has to make do with just any old charlatan that bobs along. surely Simon can just pluck one from out of the :censored:ing main stand when things go to :censored:?

Well i was a brilliant subbuteo manager in the 1970s. That must be like coaching Rooney.... :getmecoat:

John Stead is the latest on the rumours site....at 6'3" he would do for me.

He holds it up well and pops a few in and in my opinion is just what we need.

20 in 79 games for Bristol C before his move to Hudds, he should be able to at least live up to those statistics in this division.

Worth a punt?

I think Stead (http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Stead) would be worth a look. He's scored goals in the Championship so you'd think he'd be able to do a job in League 1.

Just appears though he's been given the chance to go back to his hometown club, so hopefully he'd prefer the offer of more game-time..

Not made the starting 11 for over 2 months and not even the bench on several occasions. They've just signed Wells and Harry Bunn so his chances of gametime will be even less.

If he would be willing to take a drop in pay for regular football then that would be a signing for the right reasons.

I'm pretty sure if an offer is on the table for Stead a Rooney departure would be inevitable.

If LJ's recent comments are to be believed then it's unlikely we will see a new forward coming in so it's using what we have. Maybe a shuffle round and specific training to improve where we fail miserably.

- Push Grounds back to LB and bring in Lockwood to organise us at the back.

- Drop Dayton and move Mellor forward.....I've seen Mellor take people on and get past them on a number of occasions, something Dayton simply doesn't do.

- Don't play Philliskirk and Harkins together because they both want to play in the same area of the pitch.

- As others have said, start shooting from outside the box and if the gk spills it, MacDonald should be sharp enough to get the rebound.

- Also crossing the ball accurately from open play and dead ball situations.

Does anyone know if we are trying to bring Petrasso back?

Not being disrespectful, ShireBlue. but what is this edge? He doesn't get past anyone, doesn't cross, doesn't shoot, easily knocked off the ball, can't tackle and can't head. So if you ignore those shortcomings in his game.....he's a cracker!!!

completely agree, does he get picked because he is a mate ? he.s clearly part of the problem,, no service to the strikers, ronaldo couldn.t get many with the service he provides, even the chron said he was crap on sat {put more diplomatically }

Granted he hasn't been in good form in his last two games, having returned from injury, but earlier in the season he clearly showed he had pace and the ability to cross the ball. However, I will say that he was aided by having Mills play with him on the left.

Now...I'm still puzzled by your comment regarding crosses because my recollection from the early months was that we had an extremely poor return on goals from crosses not unlike where we are now. All season we have been moaning about the lack of quality from our wings and I'm sure I read a post on here that our most productive winger was the cheating git.