Replacing Rooney

So lets say that Oldham have asked Aberdeen for either Calvin Zola or Scott Vernon in exchange for Rooney...

Who would you want?

Scott Vernon

This season - 6 Goals in 19 Games

Career - 108 Goals in 414 Games

Calvin Zola

This season -3 Goals in 18 Games

Career - 86 Goals in 329 Games

Interested to see which ex Latics player you would take.

So lets say that Oldham have asked Aberdeen for either Calvin Zola or Scott Vernon in exchange for Rooney...

Who would you want?

Scott Vernon

This season - 6 Goals in 19 Games

Career - 108 Goals in 414 Games

Calvin Zola

This season -3 Goals in 18 Games

Career - 86 Goals in 329 Games

Interested to see which ex Latics player you would take.

None.....old players that never did anything!

All strikers dry up at oldham, even Messi wouldn't score!

Neither. Appreciate its a question prompting the debate but why the need to exchange?

Plenty of clubs want him as regardless what some fans think, he's a decent striker and sometimes even decent strikers just don't click at a new club. Lost count the number we've had strikers that tick that box but were lumbered with them until we have to pay them off.

At least Adams going and we either recoup our losers or possibly come out with a small profit.

Unsure of his wage but confident LJ can get an effective striker in for similar or less. His has his targets I'm sure and I hope it happens before Saturday so they can get some training under their belt before kicking a ball in anger.

I want the City lad who scored a hat-trick last night.

Agreed, but after Plummer(who looked good at centre back last night)and Rusniak will City prefer to send their prospects somewhere else?

Edited by BP1960

Agreed, but after Plummer(who looked good at centre back last night)and Rusniak will City prefer to send their prospects somewhere else?

No, hence why we have an agreement with them. Unless they are going out on loan to a team in the Champ/Prem, they are in all likelihood coming here.

who ever it is it needs to be someone who fits in with the way the team player - by all accounts Rooney thrived of crosses into the box as a team we don't get the ball out wide fast enough and don't have the wingers to get quality balls into the box so he was never going to get the service he needed/wanted and the rest of his game. Touch, heading (never seen a player go up for a header leaning backwards not moving his feet so much as AR) was poor.

So we either need a target man who can bring others into play to allow other players to join the attack so we attack in numbers

Or if we have some like Harkin who can spot a pass and play a great through ball then someone like Derbyshire who has a bit of speed and can finish 1 on 1

Fair play to him, I (nor anyone else really) saw that coming.

Although if we had him and his record at the end of last season then we would be in League Two right now.

Who knows what would have happened at the end of last season with someone else in charge (I was certainly worried at times but think we'd have done enough whoever was)

Brown's record isn't half as bad as people make out, it's actually pretty good, he's a Marmite character for sure but I think he would have been a good fit for us and we'd all be lapping up his antics by now.

Who knows what would have happened at the end of last season with someone else in charge (I was certainly worried at times but think we'd have done enough whoever was)

Brown's record isn't half as bad as people make out, it's actually pretty good, he's a Marmite character for sure but I think he would have been a good fit for us and we'd all be lapping up his antics by now.

I really can't decide on him. I was all for him joining, then as soon as it became clear he wasn't I felt a huge wave of relief come over me.

I think he's the kind of man that could bring great success or leave you looking like a circus, there's not a great deal of middle ground with him.