Football league show

BBC piss me off. The first half today didn't happen, at all. More time spent on the sending off than the goal and then quick line that we got battered by Wolves midweek.

It's almost like I expected them to turn up to both games. Let alone mention the Peterborough game. But that didn't happen either, because we were all too busy watching Air Force One.

/rant

P.s. I'm sure Steve Evans was wearing makeup. :censored:.

The show is around 90 minutes long when they can be arsed to put it on!

1 hour is spent creaming themselves about the Championship and then all of leagues one and two gets crammed into 30 minutes! Majority of this is spent talking about Wolves, Sheff United, Peterborough etc.

I noticed the cringeworthy slogans on the Rotherham dressing room lockers. Project Promotion: the Sequel, just what you'd expect from that c**t Evans.

Plus doesn't he know that sequels are rarely any good compared to the original.

You clearly haven't seen 102 Dalmatians. Edited by excharnwoodlatic

It was never a penalty but why shouldn't it have stood for hitting both posts? Once the ball has hit the post, it's open play, isn't it?

No it needs to touch another player, if he was the last to touch it it should not count

Edited by palmer1

It was never a penalty but why shouldn't it have stood for hitting both posts? Once the ball has hit the post, it's open play, isn't it?

Think the actual rule is once the ball hits the post it's back in play and the penalty taker is deemed to be offside if he is the next to touch it.....

I thought the keeper saved it but it was post 2am when I watched it lol

Think the actual rule is once the ball hits the post it's back in play and the penalty taker is deemed to be offside if he is the next to touch it.....

I thought the keeper saved it but it was post 2am when I watched it lol

No, it's definitely that another player MUST touch it before the penalty taker can touch it again, otherwise it's a free kick to the defending team.

Offside doesn't come into it as the kicker is still behind the ball.

No, it's definitely that another player MUST touch it before the penalty taker can touch it again, otherwise it's a free kick to the defending team.

Offside doesn't come into it as the kicker is still behind the ball.

I think the keeper turned it onto the post.

Crooks is stealing a living (sorry) on that show. Easiest job in football - watch very brief highlights, comment on most obvious talking point, repeat useless fact on biggest team in division. I'd rather it just be goals with a voiceover.

Crooks is stealing a living (sorry) on that show. Easiest job in football - watch very brief highlights, comment on most obvious talking point, repeat useless fact on biggest team in division. I'd rather it just be goals with a voiceover.

If the keeper touched it then the goal is good. I've given up on the FL show, not least due to the quality of the presenters, as you say. I should try it with the sound off, but then the goals to inane chat ratio especially where no lesser clubs are noticed at all is just far too low.

I genuinely think Manish has contempt for us. He hates saying 'Oldham' and we are just swept under the rug, usually quickly followed by a put down even though we have won. 'Response from Oldham particually after a heavy defeat to Wolves'! Oh my God BBC it's every bloody week!

And giving Steve Evans that much air time is not what anyone needs on a Sunday morning with a hang over. Yes he was wearing guy liner. Prat.

I genuinely think Manish has contempt for us. He hates saying 'Oldham' and we are just swept under the rug, usually quickly followed by a put down even though we have won. 'Response from Oldham particually after a heavy defeat to Wolves'! Oh my God BBC it's every bloody week!

And giving Steve Evans that much air time is not what anyone needs on a Sunday morning with a hang over. Yes he was wearing guy liner. Prat.

Paranoid much?

This is my favourite comment ever given that it's Lenny Henry.

To be fair there isn't much to say about Swindon v Oldham is there? They covered the goal and the sending off, what more do you want?

There's 71 other clubs to report about.

If they give more coverage to the bigger clubs it's because they have more fans and there a more demand to hear about them. It's not personal, just business.

Edited by PlayItLivo

This is my favourite comment ever given that it's Lenny Henry.

Oops, silly me. Forgot to add to the end of my post...

"And don't get me started on that guy last night, or Claridge, they're both :censored: too"

To be fair there isn't much to say out Swindon v Oldham is there? They covered the goal and the sending off, what more do you want?

There's 71 other clubs to report about.

If they give more coverage to the bigger clubs it's because they have more fans and there a more demand to hear about them. It's not personal, just business.

How dare you come on here and be reasonable.

I haven't got a problem with our share of the current format. But if they cut out the pointless chatter they could add a few seconds to all games.

2nd gripe is how they don't air it at all unless there's a full championship programme.