JCH signs new deal

It is a bit vague, it says "extension" so I take it to be 18 months on top of what he already has. If so I am pleased, there is a player in there, he has so many attributes that could develop into a good half of a striking partnership. I hope we get to see it come to fruition here. I really do think that JCH and Philiskirk could be a deadly duo over the coming seasons.

Someone posted a link to a load of Latics videos on the liveleak site yesterday and I spent too much time reminiscing over the good old days when we knew who the team would be and players stayed long enough to get a telepathic link with their team mates.

Yep, still a raw talent, lots to work on but he's been our most effective striker this season. Nearly always causes problems for defenders and THAT finish against Bradford was top drawer.

Glad to see the club trying to secure our best players on longer term deals. Definitely a slight shift in strategy here. Next two seasons hope to see some good progress and consistency.

Great news.

Clever from LJ and team too.

Shows their faith in him, and is reward for him for knuckling down.

Plus we now have him on a decent contract so should he start to fulfill on his potential and so attract interest, we're in a decent bargining position.

Still plenty to work on, but he has the raw elements to mean it looks like a worthwhile project.

Great news. I just hope he progresses as much as he can do and becomes a first team regular leading the line.

If his footballing cliches to interview ratio is similar to goal-scoring then he'll be lethal! in the OS article he squeezed about 8 into about 4 sentences.

Plenty to work with, well worth another contract. Pleased.

Has he really come on leaps and Bounds? I dont think he has. People (not myself) were saying he was going to score 15-20 goals. They were looking at him and saying he would be "the man". If anything this has been a reality check season. Flashes of class, but often kept quiet. He still thrashes at most things when a cool head is needed. There is definitely talent there, I think he needs the right (consistant) partner. Personally I think McDonald if he could have stayed fit would have done him the world of good. The performance they put in as a pair at Shrewsbury was excellent.

Needs to stay on his feet more. He is a big unit. Use his size. If he gets kicked, kick em back. Needs to see this month (or few months) with Stead as a chance to learn.

He is young and promising, good move.

Edited by pukka

Yep, still a raw talent, lots to work on but he's been our most effective striker this season. Nearly always causes problems for defenders and THAT finish against Bradford was top drawer.

Glad to see the club trying to secure our best players on longer term deals. Definitely a slight shift in strategy here. Next two seasons hope to see some good progress and consistency.

There will be a big turnover at the end of next season because most of the squad are on 2 yr deals. Players we want to keep will move on and others let go.

There will be a big turnover at the end of next season because most of the squad are on 2 yr deals. Players we want to keep will move on and others let go.

If the side is playing well and winning, the squad will be happy. Happy squads stick together unless bigger clubs come sniffing.

Plenty to work with, well worth another contract. Pleased.

Has he really come on leaps and Bounds? I dont think he has. People (not myself) were saying he was going to score 15-20 goals. They were looking at him and saying he would be "the man". If anything this has been a reality check season. Flashes of class, but often kept quiet. He still thrashes at most things when a cool head is needed. There is definitely talent there, I think he needs the right (consistant) partner. Personally I think McDonald if he could have stayed fit would have done him the world of good. The performance they put in as a pair at Shrewsbury was excellent.

Needs to stay on his feet more. He is a big unit. Use his size. If he gets kicked, kick em back. Needs to see this month (or few months) with Stead as a chance to learn.

What this guy says!

Interesting one this

Last week at Swindon I thought he looked pretty poor (as he has done every time I've seen him) and when Jon Stead replaced him you saw the difference immediately but LJ obviously believes there is a player in there and that's good enough for me

I can understand this, depending what you've seen of him. Let's be honest, he often does really daft stuff. He also does some really good work as well. And he has a top class delivery in that left foot, if he can harness it more in open play that would be worth it's weight in gold if he could fire balls into the likes of Stead when not involved in the center.

Interesting one this

Last week at Swindon I thought he looked pretty poor (as he has done every time I've seen him) and when Jon Stead replaced him you saw the difference immediately but LJ obviously believes there is a player in there and that's good enough for me