Crawley

Will have seven games in hand on some after today after another home postponement.

Already playing Saturday/Tuesday until mid-April.

Could be a real contender for the drop if fatigue sets in/they lose a couple once they can start playing and heads drop.

Why have so many Crawley games been postponed? Is it all home games = crap pitch or a mixture of home and away and just bad luck?

They've played at home once in 2014 and that was in the cup.

Just the two league away games (both 2-2 draws) and have been unlucky to have games away at Brentford and Port Vale called off.

Edited by iamjonesyyoafc

16 games in March and April combined.

If their game at home to Tranmere is called off too (which has to be a possibility) it'll be 4 weeks without a game before coming back into their long stretch of Saturday/Tuesday games. Hitting the ground running won't be easy.

They're certainly one of the relegation battlers.

When you see the pictures of the pitch, there's no way that was going to be playable but Crawley allowed people to spend time and money travelling down to call it off after 12.

It is more than inconvenient. I'd be livid.

Edited by jsslatic

I'm local, and I know how hard Crawley worked to get this game on. They had fans down at the ground from 6:00am apparently. They were desperate to play it - not least because they have no income any more because they've stopped playing games! Terrible for Carlisle though, and I believe Crawley will be speaking to Carlise on Monday to see what they can do for the away fans. I think the club already has to cover the cost of the Carlisle team's overnight stay. It's almost as if League 1 is waving at a stationary Crawley as they slide down the table - bye bye!

The problem with the pitch in these extreme conditions, is that it lies at the bottom of a hill, and the ground is saturated. I'd say the Tranmere match has an even chance of going ahead.

16 games in March and April combined.

If their game at home to Tranmere is called off too (which has to be a possibility) it'll be 4 weeks without a game before coming back into their long stretch of Saturday/Tuesday games. Hitting the ground running won't be easy.

They're certainly one of the relegation battlers.

They will have to play on that pudding of a pitch as well which will sap their energy.