LJ on LP: Kusunga out for 6 weeks

Might be on another thread this but, despite his pretty stupid sending off at MK, I feel this is a fairly big blow for the squad as it leaves us a bit thin on the ground in defence.

Where have you read that?.....I thought it was Rodgers who was out.

Would rather have mellor there instead of Lockwood , who to me is just a poorer version of Guy Branston . Might seem a harsh comparison but atleast he won headers rather than misjudging them and ending up underneath them all

I think Lockwood has been fine prior to Tuesday night.

He's a leader aswell. Very vocal. I'll be surprised if he isn't still here next season.

I think Lockwood has been fine prior to Tuesday night.

He's a leader aswell. Very vocal. I'll be surprised if he isn't still here next season.

Apart from one slip up Lockwood has done ok, he's the type of player needed in the current situation, not so sure about Wilson who hasn't looked as good as Grounds to me in that position.

Edited by BP1960

Bp1960 do you think either are the kind of player we should be looking to continue with next season if we want to be more successful ? Or would you prefer we had players who can play a bit aswell ? Serious question as I respect a lot of your opinions and you seem knowledgable about the game with tactics/style of play etc

Apart from one slip up Lockwood has done ok, he's the type of player needed in the current situation, not so sure about Wilson who hasn't looked as good as Grounds to me in that position.

Again, Wilson looks fine to me too. No world beater and if we can get better I would but, I'd be ok with us starting next season with him at CB

Rather limits our defensive options.

Big loss.

Absolutely......I like him and if he got a good injury free run he could be a good player at this level, however, he's played less games than Charlie Mac which says it all.

Like has been said if he's on a lowish wage I would keep him for next season but if he's on good money we can't afford to keep him if he's going to play in only half the games.

I'm just thinking out loud but were we set up wrongly for the extreme ball playing style we started out with? Passing from the back forces the other side back into their half and condenses space for the likes of Sid and Monty to fail to run into. Cloggers at the back are more suited to pacy counterattacks, playing it out requires clever pass and movement ahead of them.

Bp1960 do you think either are the kind of player we should be looking to continue with next season if we want to be more successful ? Or would you prefer we had players who can play a bit aswell ? Serious question as I respect a lot of your opinions and you seem knowledgable about the game with tactics/style of play etc

Lockwood is fine for this division, he's no Tarkowski, but will more often than not give solid displays.

Although I'd like to see Wilson become more dominant I agree with Harry Bosch he could well turn out to be a useful acquisition.

If you were to ask me for the name of a young centre back I'd like to see at Boundary Park next season it would be Cameron Burgess of Fulham, he reminds me of an old Latics favourite Andy Linighan.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/the-teams/u18s/player-profiles/cameron-burgess

I also liked the look at this midfielder in the Fulham youth team, a very energetic box to box player.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/the-teams/u18s/player-profiles/solomon-sambou

Edited by BP1960

The hype about tarky is ridiculous still! 2 cleans sheet we have had in 5 games with our new centre halfs. We have only had another 4 all the rest of the season including cup games with tarky there. I said this before he left there is a reason teams aren't bidding millions for him, because he will never make premier league he has too many mistakes in his game. I'm more than happy to say those two CH are more than capable for this league.

okay but we are supposed to be building for the future baxter, tarky smith when he goes are being replaced with journeymen and stop gaps that cant be argued fans are just finding it hard to swallow at the moment the crowds are reflecting that.

LJ did touch in this at tonight's playershare meeting and I will type this up in the notes. He full admits that the players turnaround has not been good this season and is conscious that because of this, there seems to be a gap widening between fans and players/club. One committee member joked she's been away for three weeks and came back to Tuesdays game to a team she hardly recognised..that's how we lead into the question about turn around of players.

He did also mention kusunga's injury is a 2inch torn thigh muscle...I think that's what he said and he may have to dip into the loan/transfer market to help us out. He may request player share money to help with this too.

The fact he turned up speaks volumes to me and although it's frustrating at the mo on the pitch, we all knew this season would be a transitional one.

Edited by underdog