The Prenton Park Beer Scandal

We know that, stereotypically, Scousers are black-marked for their scams, and the accusation even stretches across the Mersey to Birkenhead, where fans of Tranmere Rovers are classed as 'bin dippers'.

The name became more credible today when bottled beer on sale at Prenton Park was found to be dated Feb 2013. When pointed out, the bar in the away end of the ground was closed by the Police, with many disappointed Latics supporters.

It beggars belief that this stock had been at the Club for twelves months, so it must have been brought in as 'condemned goods' and sold to maximise profit.

It's yet another example of the :censored: treatment of football fans.

We know that, stereotypically, Scousers are black-marked for their scams, and the accusation even stretches across the Mersey to Birkenhead, where fans of Tranmere Rovers are classed as 'bin dippers'.

The name became more credible today when bottled beer on sale at Prenton Park was found to be dated Feb 2013. When pointed out, the bar in the away end of the ground was closed by the Police, with many disappointed Latics supporters.

It beggars belief that this stock had been at the Club for twelves months, so it must have been brought in as 'condemned goods' and sold to maximise profit.

:censored:ing hell, Hardy was scratching dates off bottles around 2001.

Those in glass houses should not throw stones, I'm fairly confident that I've had an out-of-date beverage or 2 at Latics. I've probably just realised what it was, someone trying to save money and therefore maximise profit, and ignored it as it doesn't really do you much harm, if any.

My father-in-law used to own an off licence before he retired. I've had loads of out of date beer thrown my way over the years, never did me any harm.

However, when paying customers are being charged £3 - £4 per bottle for the privilige, it's piss poor to say the least.

Did it taste off?

Doesn't alcohol taste better over time? Just sayin'.

Depends. I make the odd home brew and found some bottles that I'd forgot about over a year later and they turned out better. It could turn to vinegar though. It does depend on the conditions they are kept in.

In the days of the Royle bar I am sure the pint of Lees I had on the first day of one season had been sat in the barrel over the summer break.

Didn't think of that. I definitely remember that the plastic bottles of beer in the Lookers were well out of date - we were drinking them for weeks before anybody noticed, mind.

Perhaps they could donate their profits for the beer sales to playershare? (assuming they ended up with a profit, otherwise, a suitable donation?)

Perhaps the Trust could suggest this via the club?

Edited by real

No beer servered at halftime, not allowed out to smoke at half time most clubs now doing this done plenty of times this season at away games, not allowed to use a electronic cig either, so why was I charged as a adult into the ground only to be treated like a child?

Also not allowed to stand outside the ground with a cigarette. Resulting in being nicked for trying to enter stadium drunk. When I quite clearly came out the line when I was told I wouldn't be allowed in.

Last penny those plastic scouse :censored:ers get off me.

told you the police are well over the top at tranny in a earlier post,I've known a few folk arrested over the years their for :censored: all really,it justifies their overtime making pointless arrest and they love it,top class k#ob heads at prenton

No beer servered at halftime, not allowed out to smoke at half time most clubs now doing this done plenty of times this season at away games, not allowed to use a electronic cig either, so why was I charged as a adult into the ground only to be treated like a child?

Electronic Cig? Wimp!