Englands gay player

If it does happen then no doubt the press will ask 'why is this such a big deal?' whilst plastering it all over their front pages, websites and TV channels.

Would anybody who doesn't drag their knuckles along the floor give a :censored:?

It also inevitable that said player will become the target of some homophobic abuse and then some from football and others from outside football will be caterwauling about having harsh punishments for the culprits.

I'm not fully convinced about the legitimacy of the story yet, primarily because the Sun's twitter feeds mentioned don't appear to be publicising it. Furthermore as it will be in the Sun, I won't be buying the paper anyway.

All smacks of self promotion this. They have already come out and sold their story to the Sun?

So we are looking for someone who likes being in the celeb mags. He'll most likely be coming to the end of his career. And possibly the biggest clue, he's gay. I think I know where my bet would go.

So we are looking for someone who likes being in the celeb mags. He'll most likely be coming to the end of his career. And possibly the biggest clue, he's gay. I think I know where my bet would go.

Ashley Cole's latest Tweet might dispel a few rumours

"All smacks of self promotion this. They have already come out and sold their story to the Sun?"

Or the sun found out and would expose him?

Personally I couldn't care less. Whichever player is going to be made a target by certain people. Good luck to him, cos he is going to need it.

Speaking to the sun though? - Should have just released a statement to stop that rag getting an exclusive

Or the sun found out and would expose him?

Speaking to the sun though? - Should have just released a statement to stop that rag getting an exclusive

For once perhaps rough on the Sun. They've been quite positive on the gay thing for some time. That bloke from Westlife (?) broke his story with them to shaft a nasty expose someone else was planning

I've got no idea who it is and I couldn't care less. It's a shame for whoever it is that there needs to be such a bloody fuss. It's ridiculous in this day and age that people are so interested in what gender a person they'll probably never meet is interested in.

It matters because people seen as 'important' coming out is another step towards 'normal' gay people seeing that coming out is ok. It's sad that at this day and age it needs 'important' people to do this, but that's where we're at, and therefore, where others in the closet are at.

I've got no idea who it is and I couldn't care less. It's a shame for whoever it is that there needs to be such a bloody fuss. It's ridiculous in this day and age that people are so interested in what gender a person they'll probably never meet is interested in.

It is important to know if people are male and female I've always found.

I don't give a monkeys about Jordan Henderson's sexuality either, but I do love football gossip and conspiracies. What if unrequited advances result in a last-minute penalty?

What's interesting about this thread is the naivety about how the tabloids work. Let's leave aside for a minute the fact that no one was outed and it was all baloney.

Someone said it smacks of self-publicity. Someone else said The S*n is currently okay about gay people (it isn't). The S*n digs, sometimes not altogether legally, then bullies the person concerned, saying, "If you come clean and give us an exclusive we'll go easy on you."

If you play ball with the Sun when you've had a one-night stand with a gold-digger, you get "Ten times a night stud TV presenter wore me out but what a night!".

If you don't, you get "Love rat TV presenter wouldn't take no for an answer 10 times" or whatever. Or worse.