45minute head starts

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's simply not acceptable.

We appeared to have no plan first half. Nothing. Not even "get it to Harkins".

Second half was much better but they'd seen Tranmere's second and replicated it to kill the game.

Pre-match the ball boys were told that LJ thinks they're costing us points by getting the ball back to opponents too fast. I'm all for eeking out little advantages here and there but this is pathetic.

You worry about the ball boys Lee. But the paid employees on the pitch, selected by you, are where the problem lies.

The drum was decent. The singing ok. Did you notice how the whole of the Chaddy End got behind the team when we started getting decent balls into the box? The fans did their bit. The players didn't.

Play decent stuff, fans will raise it and get behind the side. Ball into the box, pressure applied and effort been shown, the fans will sing.

"Play" like the 1st half and shock horror LJ, the fans wont sing.

Preston were average. Bang average. Organised; and each player did their job - but they were average. But we made them look awesome in that 1st half.

Just. Not. Good. Enough.

Preston were average. Bang average. Organised; and each player did their job - but they were average. But we made them look awesome in that 1st half.

Not sure about that - they were better than average, considering some of the teams we've played (and also lost too!). Their right winger (who scored the first, I think..) was superb for them.

Definitely organised - but Grayson knows what he's doing. He knows you don't do well in this division by playing pretty, tippy-tap, ineffective football..

IMO, we've played better sides this season.

Organised. Big. Tidy enough. With solid tactics and team shape. But, i wouldn't rave about them, they're not particulally that good.

Functional and organised.

That said, there's a lot to be said for being funtional, organsied and getting results.

We could do with a bit of all 3 right now...

Edited by slystallone

Barely heard anything from the chadddy. Danny and Charlie Mac don't work as a strike pair. Jch did well when we he came on. Was it a pen? Too fast for me to see. No body wants to attack. Brown was our outlet first half and that says everything we get 25 yards from goal and go backwards. No pace through the team and not enough energy first half. Preston were decent and Humphreys went past Mellor every time he wanted not good enough again. Starting to worry about the r word now

We just can't keep giving sides the 1st half.

Improved again in the 2nd, but feck me - it shouldnt take a HT team talk to kick some life into them

Not good enough. Again...

Have to agree, I know I keep harping on about it, but as long as the manager keeps playing two defensive midfielders at home handing the attacking initiative to the opposition results won't change, you would have thought he would have learned this from watching Dickovs team last season,but sad to say he does not appear to to learning.

Edited by BP1960

Beaten by a much better side today. My gripe is Lee Johnson reverse in policy, I kinda liked our squad at the start of the season our two fingers policy to the league one norm of two hoofin ball breaking centre half's to two young footballers. Lee promised pace and exciting football. Bar the Posh game. I'm seein no exciting football but a team awash with boring crap players. Lee can you please go back to what you promised. If we go down lets go down playing good football KTF

The drum was decent. The singing ok. Did you notice how the whole of the Chaddy End got behind the team when we started getting decent balls into the box? The fans did their bit. The players didn't.

Yep, that group in the Chaddy End were superb - I assume it was the same group who usually sit in the RRE who'd migrated for today's game.

Many of them probably weren't old enough to have experienced our Golden era, yet still have more enthusiasm than many - fair play to them.

Not sure about that - they were better than average, considering some of the teams we've played (and also lost too!). Their right winger (who scored the first, I think..) was superb for them.

Definitely organised - but Grayson knows what he's doing. He knows you don't do well in this division by playing pretty, tippy-tap, ineffective football..

Certainly not with powderpuff players too, taking the ball from our strikers is like taking candy from a baby.

First half was pathetic. Everything about it pathetic. We barely got into their half and the goal was always coming. No surprise that was also feeble.

There were a lot of fans in the Chaddy trying to make an atmosphere but how do you do it when you create so little? MacDonald isn't good enough alone against defences as resolute as PNE's and our CM's sat back.

Finally we got something going in the second half when Smith began receiving the ball on the edge of the opposition box, even more surprising was that he had some shots. At last.

Then their winger ran around Mellor like he wasn't there. Other than that I thought Mellor wasn't too bad but unlike us, they only need one chance to score.

Harkins' worldie won't disguise the fact that we don't have a goalscorer. To rub salt in the wounds, that 'carthorse' Rooney is bagging them in for fun.

Just another thing, I thought it was noticeable how strong their players looked compared to ours. That's the sign of an organised side.

It's really quite depressing how this season, after starting optimistically, is turning out...

First half was pathetic. Everything about it pathetic. We barely got into their half and the goal was always coming. No surprise that was also feeble.

There were a lot of fans in the Chaddy trying to make an atmosphere but how do you do it when you create so little? MacDonald isn't good enough alone against defences as resolute as PNE's and our CM's sat back.

Finally we got something going in the second half when Smith began receiving the ball on the edge of the opposition box, even more surprising was that he had some shots. At last.

Then their winger ran around Mellor like he wasn't there. Other than that I thought Mellor wasn't too bad but unlike us, they only need one chance to score.

Harkins' worldie won't disguise the fact that we don't have a goalscorer. To rub salt in the wounds, that 'carthorse' Rooney is bagging them in for fun.

Just another thing, I thought it was noticeable how strong their players looked compared to ours. That's the sign of an organised side.

It's really quite depressing how this season, after starting optimistically, is turning out...

Quite depressing, I now go to BP expecting the opposition to take control of the first half in particular, this shouldn't happen, the team are set up to play as though they are away from home, support will dwindle to 2,000 if this continues and season tickets will have to be given away next season.

Edited by BP1960

It's simply not acceptable.

We appeared to have no plan first half. Nothing. Not even "get it to Harkins".

Second half was much better but they'd seen Tranmere's second and replicated it to kill the game.

Pre-match the ball boys were told that LJ thinks they're costing us points by getting the ball back to opponents too fast. I'm all for eeking out little advantages here and there but this is pathetic.

You worry about the ball boys Lee. But the paid employees on the pitch, selected by you, are where the problem lies.

Ball boys costing us points, Er I can't actually think of a single occasion when I've thought the ball-children has cost us a goal nevermind a point. If anything they might have gained us a point or two because we know the ones in front of the building site have extra balls but the opposition might not be fully aware and we've gained an advantage as a result. Part of the problem is the kids have gotten the ball quickly to one of our players who then doesn't take advantage of it by utilising the three-dimensional space properly.

I think Johnson is trying to do the marginal gains thing that the cyclists do, the only problem is that is only a marginal gain and often we've required a more substantial gain to change the result. But not everything related to that is Johnson's fault, some has to fall on other members of staff, and that's the paid ones not the kids doing it for kudos.

Preston were cynical, organised and physically imposing.

We were none of the above and so second best it was painful to watch in the first half in particular. Davies and Kilkenny have made an impact for them and the difference in quality of recruitment is there for all to see.

What worried me the most moving forwards though was the abdication of responsibility at times when in possession. As bad as we were we had some decent attacking positions but had nobody prepared to take a chance to progress the game.

JCH made a massive difference as he did give us a target to hit and rotate off in attack. They were seriously wobbling until the sucker punch of the second goal - which only served to show how easy we had made it for them.

I can't even be arsed disecting the game, it was beyond woeful.

One thing is for certain. LJ is out of his depth. Maybe he'll keep us, but the football will be exactly the same next season. So depressing. Including dickov's time it's 3 seasons now of defensive, negative :censored:e.

No budget? - he's used nearly 40 players. . !

He's learning? He's not.

He wants to build- he's got half a side of loans an short term deals- exactly what he said wouldn't happen.

He has to take responsibility without it being passed off as any of the above. The buck stops with him. I want him or any manager to be a success, just can't see it with him. Hope he proves me wrong. I also hope corney put a brake clause in that four year deal.

Can we recall Rooney? I know his first spell wasn't particularly inspiring, but with Stead gone and JCH serving a suspension we don't have too many more options. His purple patch there could give him the confidence and belief he seemed to be lacking here.

He's not on loan to Aberdeen, is he? Didn't Latics terminate his contract?

I can't even be arsed disecting the game, it was beyond woeful.

One thing is for certain. LJ is out of his depth. Maybe he'll keep us, but the football will be exactly the same next season. So depressing. Including dickov's time it's 3 seasons now of defensive, negative :censored:e.

No budget? - he's used nearly 40 players. . !

He's learning? He's not.

He wants to build- he's got half a side of loans an short term deals- exactly what he said wouldn't happen.

He has to take responsibility without it being passed off as any of the above. The buck stops with him. I want him or any manager to be a success, just can't see it with him. Hope he proves me wrong. I also hope corney put a brake clause in that four year deal.

If he plays a system next season geared to playing away from home rather than at home I for one won't be watching the same all over again.