45minute head starts

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds as though a lot of you are jumping on my bandwagon???? Johnson is clueless, shows how bad its got, when we're relying on two non-league lads to save us. I can't even be bothered looking but I think that's 4 wins in 18 league games, that's nearly half a season and only 4 wins.

I said getting rid of Rooney was a joke, and I was told the club can't win, yes it can!!! give the lad a season to prove himself, it seems the manager gets that grace but not a new player, also don't sell Tarky for a piece of string and a bag of marbles, horrendous how its turned for the worse after a bright start to the season.

I lost interest in Johnsons chat after Rotherham away ish, some of you are finally waking up, he's clueless. It's all good and well reading the manuals and listening to your Dad's team talks when you're 10, try and do it at a League 2 budget club and you'll end up in League 2.

Our demise is inevitable for me now.

I think Johnson is trying to do the marginal gains thing that the cyclists do, the only problem is that is only a marginal gain and often we've required a more substantial gain to change the result. But not everything related to that is Johnson's fault, some has to fall on other members of staff, and that's the paid ones not the kids doing it for kudos.

To be honest, it sounds like the bloke is struggling and looking round for things to blame.

It's the ref. It's the fans not singing. It's the ball boys being too efficient.

Credibility has been willingly given to Johnson by the Latics faithful. It could be lost very quickly if he's not careful.

Sounds as though a lot of you are jumping on my bandwagon???? Johnson is clueless, shows how bad its got, when we're relying on two non-league lads to save us. I can't even be bothered looking but I think that's 4 wins in 18 league games, that's nearly half a season and only 4 wins.

I said getting rid of Rooney was a joke, and I was told the club can't win, yes it can!!! give the lad a season to prove himself, it seems the manager gets that grace but not a new player, also don't sell Tarky for a piece of string and a bag of marbles, horrendous how its turned for the worse after a bright start to the season.

I lost interest in Johnsons chat after Rotherham away ish, some of you are finally waking up, he's clueless. It's all good and well reading the manuals and listening to your Dad's team talks when you're 10, try and do it at a League 2 budget club and you'll end up in League 2.

There's hope, there may be four teams who do worse than us,

Kilkenny barely gave the ball away all game and whilst unspectacular was constantly available - hence one of the reasons we chased shadows for 50mins.

Davies I will grant was quiet......but equally was far more mobile and suited to their style of play than his namesake. Those players have made them better - and they were much better than in either game at Deepdale.

By contrast, Harkins has been fantastic but that aside nothing that has come into our squad that has improved it at all. Worrall would if fully fit, but its hard to build a team with a player who struggles to last 90 minutes or play two games in a row.

Sounds as though a lot of you are jumping on my bandwagon????

I'm not on any bandwagon. I do find your posts to be worded in a way designed to say "I told so" further down the line. I also think you're the Twitter troll but I might be wrong with that.

Johnson is clueless

I don't think he is. But he's overestimated his own ability to influence footballers to perform better as a collective than their combined individual abilities.

shows how bad its got, when we're relying on two non-league lads to save us.

The game was gone already. There was no expectation of saving it. To me it was an intelligent time to give this pair their debut.

I said getting rid of Rooney was a joke, and I was told the club can't win, yes it can!!! give the lad a season to prove himself, it seems the manager gets that grace but not a new player

Damned if they do. Damned if they don't. Rooney wasn't delivering on the pitch. Carried a big wage. Would he be banging them in left right and centre if he was starting for Latics? Little evidence that the chances would arrive.

Relegation? It might happen, but I doubt it - it certainly isn't inevitable.

Bite enough?

If he plays a system next season geared to playing away from home rather than at home I for one won't be watching the same all over again.

I think you deserve a medal for what you put with on here BP. You've bin saying for a long time the things that are coming home to roost.

I've kept my powder dry until now. Mainly because I've been really trying to buy into - he's learning/building/he'll make mistakes, but that today was it for me.

The thing is if we finished 20th, but tried to win a game instead of not lose, didn't play two deep lying midfielders, imposed ourselves, and generally got at sides he could have all the time he wants off me.

However it's the complete opposite. The players look drained, an fragile. We look lifeless an inept. They say teams reflect their managers??????

The manner of our 'performance' is frightening.

Sweet :censored:s, with have been the worst Ive seen since Penney over the last few games.

Its not LJ, its how we are run, keep chopping and things that have grown over 100 years like the club with eventually fall down.

Well, we have been chopped and we are now reeping our rewards.

I think you deserve a medal for what you put with on here BP. You've bin saying for a long time the things that are coming home to roost.

I've kept my powder dry until now. Mainly because I've been really trying to buy into - he's learning/building/he'll make mistakes, but that today was it for me.

The thing is if we finished 20th, but tried to win a game instead of not lose, didn't play two deep lying midfielders, imposed ourselves, and generally got at sides he could have all the time he wants off me.

However it's the complete opposite. The players look drained, an fragile. We look lifeless an inept. They say teams reflect their managers??????

The manner of our 'performance' is frightening.

Thanks, its no consolation to me to see the Latics play a system which will drive fans away from Boundary Park. I feel the manager has his head stuck in the sand and won't change his preferred style of play this season or next. Unless he does I won't be renewing my season ticket to see Wesolowksi and Smith practically holding hands in their own half again - whether in this division or not.

Edited by BP1960

where was Dayton today, have I missed an injury?

listened to the game on LP, and it sounded like we were outplayed by a better team who stopped us playing early. it didn't sound like the relegation-confirming performance i'm reading about on here, we'll do better against Rotherham.

where was Dayton today, have I missed an injury?

listened to the game on LP, and it sounded like we were outplayed by a better team who stopped us playing early. it didn't sound like the relegation-confirming performance i'm reading about on here, we'll do better against Rotherham.

Dayton was injured in training,

Unfortunately it is relegation form, Rotherham will come here with a weeks rest while we know some of ours can't play twice a week, it doesn't bode well.

Edited by BP1960

Thanks, its no consolation to me to see the Latics play a system which will drive fans away from Boundary Park. I feel the manager has his head stuck in the sand and won't change his preferred style of play this season or next. Unless he does I won't be renewing my season ticket to see Wesolowksi and Smith practically holding hands in their own half again - whether in this division or not.

I think we are probably odds-on not see both Wes and Smith here next season, we could even be without the pair of them.

korey looks like he wants out now the way he is playing be better at right back he was going back there to pick the ball up from connor all day long its no wonder we have nothing in the centre of the park, another question does anybody have any footage of connor brown going down the right and knocking a cross in ? two defensive midfielders and fullbacks who play 90 minutes in there own half isnt attractive to watch.

korey looks like he wants out now the way he is playing be better at right back he was going back there to pick the ball up from connor all day long its no wonder we have nothing in the centre of the park, another question does anybody have any footage of connor brown going down the right and knocking a cross in ? two defensive midfielders and fullbacks who play 90 minutes in there own half isnt attractive to watch.

But is LJ getting the message?

Have to agree, I know I keep harping on about it, but as long as the manager keeps playing two defensive midfielders at home handing the attacking initiative to the opposition results won't change, you would have thought he would have learned this from watching Dickovs team last season,but sad to say he does not appear to to learning.

We still need a replacement for Stephens.

But is LJ getting the message?

No,god we was :censored: today,Preston was nowt special but brushed us aside with ease,Mellor got dicked so many times it was laughable,I'm worried how bad we are from week to week,relegation is a big possabillty with this one half football,Jesus LJ keep wearing them Harry Hill shirts an it will be a bigger laugh than it allready is!!

I think we are probably odds-on not see both Wes and Smith here next season, we could even be without the pair of them.

I have been saying all season that midfield is our problem, but some say that we cannot get rid of the man who might be 'our player of the season.' He cant tackle, he cant pass forward, cant head it, cant play a 1-2 but he does run about a lot. Unfortunately it is usually without the ball! For any1 who aint got it yet, it isn't Korey Smith

I have been saying all season that midfield is our problem, but some say that we cannot get rid of the man who might be 'our player of the season.' He cant tackle, he cant pass forward, cant head it, cant play a 1-2 but he does run about a lot. Unfortunately it is usually without the ball! For any1 who aint got it yet, it isn't Korey Smith

Behave...

Not sure about that - they were better than average, considering some of the teams we've played (and also lost too!). Their right winger (who scored the first, I think..) was superb for them.

Definitely organised - but Grayson knows what he's doing. He knows you don't do well in this division by playing pretty, tippy-tap, ineffective football..

Their right winger was superb because Mellor was :censored: at left back AGAIN. It's every time. HE'S NOT A LEFT BACK!!!!! :censored: me, LJ when will you realise this...

If you wanted to reply to shoot me down in flames, I would expect a well reasoned logically explanation providing details of why my thinking was incorrect, but hey no, you obviously haven't got such a reply! QED.

wes is doing what is expected of him, korey isn't! infact wes is the only player on the pitch that plays with passion

If you wanted to reply to shoot me down in flames, I would expect a well reasoned logically explanation providing details of why my thinking was incorrect, but hey no, you obviously haven't got such a reply! QED.

I thought Sly's post was bang on. But as you need it explaining to you and obviously struggle to understand a simple concept I'll make it easy to understand.

Wes 4 goals in 36 games

Korey 1 goal in 42 games.

They both play in CM, and if anything given their respective roles you'd expect Korey to have scored 4x the number of goals Wes has, as opposed to the other way round.

I could keep going but I thought I'd put it in small chunks and check you understand it first.

Note this is not a slight on Korey, although I thought he was poor today, he is a good player and has given Wes some competition for POTS, but Wes is winning that at a canter for me, as the other two contenders have either left or only arrived in Jan.

As someone not on the uk to witness what's going on I can only piece together what is going on from Latics player, TV games and comments from on here and my dad.

It seems to me that we have gone from a team with a game plan that wasn't quite working and turned into something completely unrecognisable in terms of tactics and personnel. Would this be correct. I also don't understand how a team with so little budget can get through so many players. Could we not have spent it on less higher quality signings?

My personal feeling on LJ is that he has dug his own hole with his talk. He promised too much which he hasn't delivered. Especially in terms of the style of football and research that goes into the signings.

I was optimistic that the squad from the start of the season could stay up. Now I am not so confident at all.

A final none LJ related point. I wish corney would dig a little deeper in the summer. We always seem to add people like harkins in January as we panic about going down.

Edited by Oh Heck C-Beck