Going down

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 points off the drop zone and pretty much everyone below us has a game in hand, lose Saturday and Crewe go above us . Everybody get down to Gresty Road, this could make or break our season....

I figured Saturday would be a massive game. Definitely a 'the season starts here' moment. We did similar last season. Looked doomed after the Sheffield United defeat at home but ground out the results when it mattered. More of the same.

For what it's worth I think we'll pull out a performance at Crewe. We've always been a team far more comfortable to playing away.

I was confident until tonight.

Team of :censored:bags with no desire, urgency or will to even go forward in a game, nevermind try and :censored:ing win it.

Absolute :censored:ing disgrace from pretty much everyone on that field tonight.

This. With the exception on Charlie Mc who worked his balls off tonight!

:censored:ing low-grade bottlers!

I don't know why people are only just starting to realise the football has been :censored:e, I've been saying it for months to the annoyance of the Twitter faithful. This contract extension could be the worst thing Simon Corney has done whilst at the club........

This. With the exception on Charlie Mc who worked his balls off tonight!

:censored:ing low-grade bottlers!

He did, but who's :censored:ing idea was it to send a long ball up every frigging time. Jesus Christ.

Kissock and Turner looked alright. Mellor :censored:ing :censored:e, as were the rest of them. Wes battled as much as he could, but was even below par.

Predictable,saw it coming months and months ago.

Blaming the manager is just making a scapegoat,what do you expect? He is very inexperienced and was a nother example of poor stewardship by Corney-as per it was an appointment done on the cheap.

Not sure if we will go down but its looking pretty ominous now,50:50 imo.

The club is dying,without investment its a case of when not if we drop to the nottom tier.Corney is skint and the other two are not going to be investing anytime soon,In short,its bleak..

I don't blame you for not going mate. Was fairly even in the first half and other than for Oxley's :censored:e juggler act we probably deserved (just about) to have been level.

Second half was an absolute shower. No quality, no heart and no clue.

Until tonight I thought we had enough in the locker to stay up, but not any more. We are deep in the :censored:. Saturday is a massive game now.

Edited by danoafc

He did, but who's :censored:ing idea was it to send a long ball up every frigging time. Jesus Christ.

Kissock and Turner looked alright. Mellor :censored:ing :censored:e, as were the rest of them. Wes battled as much as he could, but was even below par.

Yeah agree, constant aimless lumps up field. Felt sorry for him. And I can only assume that Kissock was blowing cos I thought he was very unlucky to be dragged off. Edited by danoafc

Weak performance sums it up!.....far too easily brushed off the ball. We were beaten by a faster, stronger, fitter side who broke with purpose unlike ourselves....far too laboured.

Without the spark from harkins, I struggle to see where goals will come from.

Long ball was senseless and cringeworthy.

Thought Kissock looked hungry and energetic. Thought Turner was ok. Macca did a lot of running.

Harkins played well until they double and triple marked him.

Distinct lack of width.

Nothing to say about the rest.

JCH back Saturday but I still don't know where a goal can come from.

Edited by blueatheart

The squad we are left with do not look to have desire , spirit , craft and know how to stop us going down. With very few exceptions we have consistently swapped inferior players in for those going out this season long.

In no sense of the word do we resemble having a team , just a jumble of players and formations .

I think this shower will take the club down.

I was confident until tonight.

Team of :censored:bags with no desire, urgency or will to even go forward in a game, nevermind try and :censored:ing win it.

Absolute :censored:ing disgrace from pretty much everyone on that field tonight.

That's exactly how I saw it as well.

Only one to escape with any pride was Kissock, who never stopped running.