Going down

Baxter, Rooney and Tarky must have been earning £8/9k a week between them. Where's the re-investment of that money in the squad?

I know we picked up Kusunga, Lanzoni and Rusnack in the wake of Baxter leaving but only Eric's still here.

It strikes me that our budget has been trimmed mid-season so we can only hope that Corney puts some money back in the pot this week because without it, I fear the worst.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also said in his post-match interview that he knew we were physically depleted. Inferred that he knew that we had no :censored:ing chance on the night.

Not good enough. Stick the youth team out if our experience is knackered or don't want to play. I'd rather go down with 16 year-old's leading the line than have Korey Smith waving the white flag, with his sideways and backwards passing.

Had enough.

And that's my defence officer Yewtree.

Having already used 38 players this season, I think our only hope are more loanees once again!

This side badly needs a couple of strong, tall players in midfield and up front or we will go down.

It's about grinding out results now and we've got no chance of doing that with this lot of lightweights.

Strange team and tactics last night again.

I know some on here are saying Grounds plays well at CH but he is our only LB. In my opinion, Brown/Lockwood/Wilson/Grounds is a better defensive unit than Wilson/Lockwood/Grounds/Mellor.

And if Roy's commentary is anything to go by....why take off our two arguably best performers in Turner and Kissock and bring on Winchester?

Edited by mikejh45

why blame the strikers players moving away and scoring surely tells you the problem is in the middle third of the pitch, we were dire in the centre of the park last night and I would go as far as saying Korey should of been replaced after an hour to save him from any more embaressment he was dire and I dont care what anyone says about my negativity, if he is leading by example its no wonder we are in it neck deep. All he does for 90 minutes is stand on Lockwoods toes he is a liability has no desire to drive the team forward like he has in the past and his passing was gringeworthy last night. Kissock and Turner brought some much needed tempo and urgency but that should be a minimum requirement for a team fighting relegation.

It is

MacDonald and Philiskirk just need to find form, they can score goals. It's somebody next to them doing the hard work, a proper presence up front!

Watching us play long balls to MacDonald in the first half last night was embarrassing!

why blame the strikers players moving away and scoring surely tells you the problem is in the middle third of the pitch, we were dire in the centre of the park last night and I would go as far as saying Korey should of been replaced after an hour to save him from any more embaressment he was dire and I dont care what anyone says about my negativity, if he is leading by example its no wonder we are in it neck deep. All he does for 90 minutes is stand on Lockwoods toes he is a liability has no desire to drive the team forward like he has in the past and his passing was gringeworthy last night. Kissock and Turner brought some much needed tempo and urgency but that should be a minimum requirement for a team fighting relegation.

And what possessed the manager to play Wilson as a square peg in a round hole right back?

So much for due diligence on all incoming transfers, absolute sales man tosh.

I hope we lose every game until the end of the season so this little :censored:er gets the bullet.

The fact i'm excited at potentially going to around 15 new grounds in League 2 rather than stay in the :censored: hole of a division League 1 with that con man is worrying but also understandable.

Been banging this drum since October and took a lot of unfair abuse, even though I gave valid reason for my opinions, it's refreshing to see people jump on the band waggon that perhaps 3 or 4 were on, but it's also annoying as some of you on here are the one's that gave me and Postman Matt in particular dogs abuse and are now saying the exact same things.

ps, we were doomed to fail right from day one when we discovered David Mellor would be playing centre half. I thought it was a good idea playing out from the back but shocking putting a centre midfielder there.

Sorry young man, it's time for you to do the decent thing and resign. Don't ask me who I want in, I don't care, just get him out ASAP.

Newport away first game, sounds a good piss up :-)

I hope we lose every game until the end of the season so this little :censored:er gets the bullet.

The fact i'm excited at potentially going to around 15 new grounds in League 2 rather than stay in the :censored: hole of a division League 1 with that con man is worrying but also understandable.

Been banging this drum since October and took a lot of unfair abuse, even though I gave valid reason for my opinions, it's refreshing to see people jump on the band waggon that perhaps 3 or 4 were on, but it's also annoying as some of you on here are the one's that gave me and Postman Matt in particular dogs abuse and are now saying the exact same things.

ps, we were doomed to fail right from day one when we discovered David Mellor would be playing centre half. I thought it was a good idea playing out from the back but shocking putting a centre midfielder there.

Sorry young man, it's time for you to do the decent thing and resign. Don't ask me who I want in, I don't care, just get him out ASAP.

U ok hun? U seem angry.

You're definitely ChaddyEndFred....

I see you still sat on the fence then :)

You're definitely ChaddyEndFred....

Didn't we have a thread where someone defended those feeling negative by saying that despite negativity, none of them would ever be so negative as to wish their team to lose....

..... not 1, not 3, not even 7...

but 10 games?

Didn't we have a thread where someone defended those feeling negative by saying that despite negativity, none of them would ever be so negative as to wish their team to lose....

..... not 1, not 3, not even 7...

but 10 games?

I honestly don't believe any true Oldham Athletic fan would want the team to go down/lose just so they can have a good moan, it's a load of bollocks.

I did say we would lose last night not being negative just being realistic, hoping for a point on saturday 3 would be great, reading LJ in the chron today it appears he had similar levels of confidence to myself, trudging of the pitch at the end barely being able to look a fan in the face im sure he shared our dissapointment, he does wear his heart on his sleeve.