Going down

Trying to remain upbeat, but finding it hard, Kissock worked his socks off and was our best player by miles. C Mc for a striker missed 2 sitters that a decent player would have put away. Oxley frustrates the :censored: out of me, come and claim the ball you big lump. At least we got to see Kirk Miller, just what the team was crying out for!!!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's exactly how I saw it as well.

Only one to escape with any pride was Kissock, who never stopped running.

Totally agree mate.

Turner also looks like he COULD do the business, but he'll never get service in that team, too busy playing with Oxley.

Edited by Latics_Fanatic

They were everything we thought we could be at the beginning of the season. Inventive, high pressing, fast, skillful, clinical.

Fair :censored:s to that prick Evans, he's made a fantastic outfit.

As for us, I was adamant we wouldn't go down earlier in the season. I'm adamant that that team wouldn't have gone down now. We are no longer that team in personnel and style of football. Lose to Crewe and that's it.

Oh, and break up that sideways, defensive midfield and we might make some chances that aren't opposition team errors or Harkins.

It's become dross.

This. With the exception on Charlie Mc who worked his balls off tonight!

:censored:ing low-grade bottlers!

Oh he ran around a lot did he...? Well woopie doo. But when through one on one and when presented with an open goal after a rebound he completely :censored:ed up on both ocassions.

He's a short arsed goal poacher who doesn't poach goals.

Hence, he's just a short arse!

I don't blame you for not going mate. Was fairly even in the first half and other than for Oxley's :censored:e juggler act we probably deserved (just about) to have been level.

Second half was an absolute shower. No quality, no heart and no clue.

Until tonight I thought we had enough in the locker to stay up, but not any more. We are deep in the :censored:. Saturday is a massive game now.

its the millar,Winchester,Mellor trio on the field at the same time,we are :censored:ed if this is what we are left with!!

The fact Johnson was appointed just shows the lack of ambition, he was the cheap option. Calling for his head is useless, he's not going anywhere..

We can blame Johnson, Dickov or whoever we want but Corney and the other 2 keep watering down the product by selling every time we get anywhere near building a team we have no chance. I am sorry but even Pep Guardiola couldn't make a team out of that lot. I understand that we will always be a selling club, but selling Tarky for :censored: all after 3 years worth of money spinning cup ties and replacing him with a slow has been non leaguer, will eventually start to tell.

The squad is as weak as piss and for the first time in a long long time I am a very worried man.

My biggest worry is what happens if we don't get those cup draw's for the next few years??? Stockport County spring to mind.

By the way, this wasn't a dig at you Ryan.

Edited by lancy lad

Poor squad. No quality. No determination. Think this will be the year we'll go down.

Fortunately I have been pro-active tonight with some fellow Latics fans and been discussing our 4th division awaydays for next season, quite looking forward to Exeter on a tuesday night

Another thing that wound me up tonight : I've seen enough Football League Show, The Championship, Goals Express etc over the years to know that Lee Frecklington has a good strike on him and quite regularly chips in with goals from distance. So why did the back four allow him to run on to them and allow him the opportunity to have the strike...

Another thing that wound me up tonight : I've seen enough Football League Show, The Championship, Goals Express etc over the years to know that Lee Frecklington has a good strike on him and quite regularly chips in with goals from distance. So why did the back four allow him to run on to them and allow him the opportunity to have the strike...

To be fair to the back 4 in that situation, they closed down quite quickly after Winchester dropped them in it, Frecklington got it through a narrow gap and hit it with some venom.

Fortunately I have been pro-active tonight with some fellow Latics fans and been discussing our 4th division awaydays for next season, quite looking forward to Exeter on a tuesday night

The way Exeter are heading (no home win in nearly 6 months) you'll have to pick another trip I'm afraid.

I have the "pleasure" of watching both them and us this weekend too.

That was a horse:censored:, :censored:house of a performance that dave penney would have been proud of.

We're deep in the :censored:. There was no shape, passion or fight. Aimless long ball up to a shortarse, smith has turned into a crab who can only find a teammate if he passes it sideways or backwards. We've replaced Tarky with a centre half who cant win a header unless he's unchallenged. Can anyone see where the goals are going to come from?

Totally pissed off.

There were far worse out there than Turner and Kissock tonight lads (although I agree they are not ready). Captain Crab for starters.

Ooooh you can't do that. You can say anything nasty about Dean Furm.......erm, I mean Korey Smith.