Going down

That was absolutely appalling yet again. Beaten before we had even started. No passion or ability on show. I'm afraid the buck stops with Corney though. The club is sinking with his lack of investment and direction. His policy of keep cutting the cloth will only end up with relegation. This time last year he said he would go if we were relegated. I wonder if he will say the same this time? We are desperate for fresh leadership at the top or we will be another Grimsby / Wrexham at this rate. Worrying times. Pissed off with it all.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't disagree with you there GG, that wasn't good tonight, from the off they simply wanted it more. Brighter, sharper and looked like they knew what they were doing.

As well as the goal kick routine above there is the Harkins, to Mellor, to Grounds, to Smith, to Kissock, to Wilson, to Grounds, back to Harkins, whilst losing 30 yards then losing the ball routine.

Serious need to go back to basics, this is a ball, pass it to a blue shirt, run into space then score.

Thought Kissock gave us something we have missed for most of the season. A midfielder finding the gaps wanting the football. Would start for me every week ahead of this team of :censored:. Smith needs dropping for a few weeks not a captain at all no heart or desire. It's games like that when you need you captain to stand up but he didn't.

Oxley for all his great saves as a shot stopper I would love to know how many goals he has cost us by not coming off his line for a cross their keeper caught everything relieved all the pressure. By oxley not collecting the first cross it went back out for the lad to shoot which he then fumbled not good enough.

Thought we didn't do too badly as a back 4 tonight. For all the good harkins is when he completely runs out of fuel take him off there is literally NO point him being on the pitch. Would be interesting to see JCH play up top with turner.

Sats team for me would be.

Oxley

Winchester Wilson Lockwood Grounds

Wes

Kissock Harkins Worrall

JCH Turner

Get Bove from the youth on the bench and get players fighting for everything. Lockwood captain as I think he would really push the team unlike smith.

So what of the Tommy Wright effect ,short lived I would say. Perhaps new ideas at this stage of the season is like saying ok lads 3/4 through the season so here are some new ideas and back to the drawing board. The players will now be confused as hell. these changes should be made in the pre-season not when the goalkeeping coach gets a job in the Middle East. What sort of a strategy is that?

Can't disagree with you there GG, that wasn't good tonight, from the off they simply wanted it more. Brighter, sharper and looked like they knew what they were doing.

As well as the goal kick routine above there is the Harkins, to Mellor, to Grounds, to Smith, to Kissock, to Wilson, to Grounds, back to Harkins, whilst losing 30 yards then losing the ball routine.

Serious need to go back to basics, this is a ball, pass it to a blue shirt, run into space then score.

Chap behind counted our goalkick routine in the 1st half.

We finished 1 - 15 in terms of losing the arial battles.

I just do not understanding it. At all.

Unless our tactics actually were to plant the ball onto the head of Morgan, and then not compete for the 2nd ball.

1st half, was tonnes better than it has been; and i actually thought we were competing nicely with an organised and well drilled side in good form.

Charlie MacDonald was toss though and should have buried his 1 on 1 chance, and done better with with the more difficult chance after Harkins shot was palmed away.

Kissock was a surprise though; and i thought was huge bright spark.

But in a reversal to the previous weeks; we fell apart in the 2nd half.

That 2nd half just isnt acceptable.

Devoid of ideas. Devoid of endevour & effort. Devoid of quality on the ball; and of conviction off the ball too. And tactics? There were none that I could see?

What has happened to this side?

Playing out from the back. Pass & move. Pressing all over the pitch. Pace out wide. Lively movement in the attacking 3rd. Drive from midfield.

All have disappeared.

Quality players for this level in Baxter, Montano & Tarkowski have gone. And in replacement we have players like Lockwood, Dunfield and 2 non-league lads in Turner and Kissock (who did Ok; but i mean; really, is that what its come to?)

A few weeks ago, I started to question why the change in whole outlook had happened; and started to draw paralells with Dickovs time in charge - namely a promising start taken completely apart with a total change of tactics and players.

After Saturday and tonight, the started has changed to 'its exactly the frigging same' POV.

I don't get what the tactics are that the players are being asked to play; or are reverting to playing themselves. I don't get why; when we can all see how the game is panning out; the bench dont seem to.

I don't get how players like Grounds & Smith can't pass to a teammate.

I don't get why we are so slow in our play; and why we end up playing nothing balls that go nowhere and ultimately end in going all the way back to Lockwood or Oxley who then :censored: it up front for our midget striker to not compete for and lose out to giant CB yet again.

What I do get now though, is an over-riding feeling that we're in line to go down.

So dispondant after tonight. I can't see us getting out of this. I could last season; i could see goals in the side and we still had enough quality through the team.

This season; well. Worried doesn't sum it up.

Gutted...

Watched their midfielders tonight, when they passed it to the wing they moved forward looking for a return pass with a barrage of abuse from the coaching staff if they didnt.

When Korey Smith passes to the wing he steps backwards and invites the pass back to him.

LJ said :censored: all.

Feel sorry for him as he might have the classroom idea's how to do the little things to make a good team even better but not the knowledge or experience to sort the basics when needed.

Corney's a clever :censored:er, giving the job to someone who can only be eternally grateful to be in a management job.

Whilst he strips the assets/money from the club to pay back his New York paymaster and sorting out their exit strategy.

He has now left us without the players good enough to get us over the line and I'm afraid I saw a team thats only going one way tonight and looking at the reaction from LJ the realisation hit him tonight as well.

Oxley - doesn't command his box, decent shot stopper but always parries the ball out in wrong area.. Catch it or push it for a corner!

Wilson - steady but hoof, no better than Connor Brown

Lockwood - no nonsense centre half, slow, can't play football, hoof, doesn't win headers... Reasonably organised.

Grounds - probably the best player tonight, stop with your diagonal balls though

Mellor - pathetic, don't know why Johnson keeps playing him at left back...

Kissock - reasonably good, few nice flicks and touches, not fit

Wes - didn't seem his normal self, can't create anything

Smith - what the hell has happened to him? Doesn't win headers, can't create much, losing ball easy, slows the play down, can't score, absolute :censored: house, not a captain

Harkins - spent half the night diving on the floor, only player who can create something

Charlie Mac - runs around an works hard, should have scored, not going to keep us up

Turner - quite a promising debut, worked hard, could be a good player for us with more experience.

Bench - one of the weakest we've had in many a year, don't know how MIllar hasn't been released yet

Johnson - always backed him, losing faith... Changed his whole ethos and style of play, lost his best players and replaced them with lower league cloggers.. Got rid of our top scorer and not replaced him, tactically inept, no plan B, never keeps a team the same.

Will we go down? Maybe.. Only reason we will stay up is if there are 4 worse teams than us!

Not looking good. Stevenage are now on a roll and will finish well clear of us. Carlisle form improving and have just got a couple of decent defenders on loan. Very big game this weekend. Have a feeling that this is the year we finally leave Div 1

Oxley - doesn't command his box, decent shot stopper but always parries the ball out in wrong area.. Catch it or push it for a corner!

Wilson - steady but hoof, no better than Connor Brown

Lockwood - no nonsense centre half, slow, can't play football, hoof, doesn't win headers... Reasonably organised.

Grounds - probably the best player tonight, stop with your diagonal balls though

Mellor - pathetic, don't know why Johnson keeps playing him at left back...

Kissock - reasonably good, few nice flicks and touches, not fit

Wes - didn't seem his normal self, can't create anything

Smith - what the hell has happened to him? Doesn't win headers, can't create much, losing ball easy, slows the play down, can't score, absolute :censored: house, not a captain

Harkins - spent half the night diving on the floor, only player who can create something

Charlie Mac - runs around an works hard, should have scored, not going to keep us up

Turner - quite a promising debut, worked hard, could be a good player for us with more experience.

Bench - one of the weakest we've had in many a year, don't know how MIllar hasn't been released yet

Johnson - always backed him, losing faith... Changed his whole ethos and style of play, lost his best players and replaced them with lower league cloggers.. Got rid of our top scorer and not replaced him, tactically inept, no plan B, never keeps a team the same.

Will we go down? Maybe.. Only reason we will stay up is if there are 4 worse teams than us!

You forgot to mention Tommy Wright's impact. I noticed him studying a tactical clipboard just before half time.

Edited by BP1960

LJ should stick some quotes from OWTB tonight on the dressing room door, tell the players to prove us lot wrong.

Totally unacceptable, makes me question why I spend £20 a time on it any more.

LJ looked as miserable as the watching fans.

I now go to BP praying for a point.

LJ looked as miserable as the watching fans.

I now go to BP praying for a point.

Also said in his post-match interview that he knew we were physically depleted. Inferred that he knew that we had no :censored:ing chance on the night.

Not good enough. Stick the youth team out if our experience is knackered or don't want to play. I'd rather go down fighting with 16 year-old's leading the line than have Korey Smith waving the white flag, with his sideways and backwards passing.

Had enough.

Disallusioned after such promising football at start of the season. Changing your whole ethos Mr Johnson shows lack of belief in yourself as well as the players. Night

It is crazy isn't it, which makes me think there are more problems behind the scenes than the fans know about, whether it is players not listening, fall out from the Montano incident, issues with the chairman etc. Not saying LJ doesnt have to shoulder a lot of the blame for the poor results but I do think the problems run much deeper. What is most worrying is that as fans we seem to have given up hope that we can change stuff. Probably because of the dead weight that is The Trust.

Edited by Oh Heck C-Beck

Having had overnight to think about it, we won't go down : There's some proper :censored:e in this League...

It was my feeling before the last two games.

Very, very concerned now. But need to balance that against reasonable expectations against the likes of in form Rotherham and Preston. Perhaps we are no worse off than last week.

If we can put a performance in at Crewe, where we show that we want it more than a fellow relegation candidate, I'll believe we have enough to stay up.

I also fear Johnson has lost the plot. If he thinks lumping it to MacDonald and Philliskirk is likely to succeed, I'd love to understand why. Hopefully he can refresh his demeanour over the next couple of days and instill a level of belief into his players that will have been shaken badly by being so obviously second best in the last two games.