Crawley next week..

Ridiculous move from the club. Sure try things, but where is the strategy? They think they're being clever but the PR move on this was telegraphed completely...and then they still cocked up the final move...typical.

Even as a 10 yr chaddy season ticket holder I'm not averse to ultimately moving. By the way, I think until the new stand is built, the club would be shooting themselves in the foot switching home fans into the RRE...as it stands they have flexibility in the use of that stand with the way it is divided. A move to Chaddy would negate that.

BUT any trial to do a chaddy to RRE switch this season will be opposed. RRE season tickets were discounted for "inconvenience" . On principle, if the club want to move my ticket anywhere I'll be expecting an "inconvenience" fee...

...but then perhaps that's what the home performances have largely been...

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The poll on this board showed an overwhelming preference for all fans in the RRE.

Do the opinions of fans in the RRE not count?

Also, why trial something that has happened about 4 times already this season?

Apart from the MotM polls where the player with the most wins wins player of the season, a poll on a messageboard quite frankly means cock all.

The only poll that matters is the one what is done when season tickets are bought, and when the turnstiles click every other Saturday and some Tuesdays between August and May. And that poll shows that there are enough people who don't want it to happen. Enough people willing to pay more than the fans in the RRE to not sit in the RRE.

Actually, just had a look at that poll.

158 votes.

The home support against Rotherham was ridiculously low, something like 2600 home fans? So that vote would represent slighlty over 6% of that gate. Then factor in the amount of people who voted who don't even go to games, that would drop further.

I don't think the views of 6% of fans (and that is being very generous) represents what the fans want.

Actually, just had a look at that poll.

158 votes.

The home support against Rotherham was ridiculously low, something like 2600 home fans? So that vote would represent slighlty over 6% of that gate. Then factor in the amount of people who voted who don't even go to games, that would drop further.

I don't think the views of 6% of fans (and that is being very generous) represents what the fans want.

But on a micro-level it may be a representation of what the fans want.

We simply don't know, you'd have to poll each and every support coming through the gate to get an accurate view. Obviously the argument that people sit in the Chaddy End is tricky too because some/alot who do sit in there voted that they'd move in the poll.

If we're trialling all in the Chaddy and Main, we should trial all in the RRE and Main by the end of the season.

I might be wrong, but i'm sure the Football League have rules about having three stands, i'm not sure whether that means three stands open on a Matchday however.

How exactly does their "coming through the gate", as you word it, not do that?

Because in the poll and thread on here, some of those who sit in the Chaddy End currently voted to move to the RRE in order to enhance the atmosphere at Boundary Park, not the other way round. So yes, coming through the gate doesn't exactly give a perfect representative of the issue.

Because in the poll and thread on here, some of those who sit in the Chaddy End currently voted to move to the RRE in order to enhance the atmosphere at Boundary Park, not the other way round. So yes, coming through the gate doesn't exactly give a perfect representative of the issue.

They sit in the Chaddy, want to move to the RRE, but won't do so until they're told to?

We simply don't know, you'd have to poll each and every support coming through the gate to get an accurate view. Obviously the argument that people sit in the Chaddy End is tricky too because some/alot who do sit in there voted that they'd move in the poll.

If we're trialling all in the Chaddy and Main, we should trial all in the RRE and Main by the end of the season.

I might be wrong, but i'm sure the Football League have rules about having three stands, i'm not sure whether that means three stands open on a Matchday however.

We could poll everyone coming through the gate, but you could look at that as a waste of time and money to set up. Could just use what people pay to do with the choices available to them as an accurate poll.

Some people may well have said that they want to move. So when season tickets are up for renewal, they can move. They have that choice which for some reason they have never decided to make previously.

They can trial it all they want before the end of the season. But it would be a stupid thing to do if they moved fans over from the Chaddy permanently. A lot of people who sit in there won't want to move, and it could well be the straw that breaks the camels back with regards to people not renewing. The only thing I could see happening is us losing ST holders, and that is far too risky. If 100 adults from the Chaddy end decide they aren't renewing because they are being forced to move, that's 30k we'd be missing out on in the close season. That really isn't a risk worth taking.

Many Latics supporters I talk to at games tell me they never look at the OS, the Official Facebook/Twitter sites or OWTB. Difficult to get an accurate view without polling at the turnstiles.

Some people may well have said that they want to move. So when season tickets are up for renewal, they can move.

They can move to the RRE before then if, since last summer, something's made them realise they've made a horrible mistake.

Or to the Main Stand, upper or paddock.

And back again.

But they don't.

But clicks on the turnstiles are an outdated representation of where people want to watch Latics, apparently.

It doesn't measure it on a "micro-level" you see.

A "micro-level".

Isn't it worth a risk when doing nothing evidently isn't working. Atmosphere.

Sick of metaphorically bending over and gifting the big away teams a 12th man. Sick of giving 50men and his dog the means to out-sing our home end, which they do with ease as no-one can hear us unless it's a shift in momentum on Peterborough terms!

Most importantly, judging by the way the noise carries, the players are hearing the opposition support far, far more than ours. We can continue to ignore the manager and players who say how much better support would help them - with things like 'it's our right to boo' and 'if you get results the atmosphere will follow'. But smell the coffee, when are we suddenly going to start winning every home game so we then experiment with the atmosphere, avoiding the reactive results-based reply slagging off the issue. That would never happen; people would criticise change when we were on a good run!

Different teams, different managers, same issue comes up. Meanwhile, attendances continue to dwindle, the atmosphere continues to get worse.

Something has to give. Yes the manager and players have their roles - no-one is saying moving fans will lead to 3pts every week. But plenty of people will be unhappy with either outcome anyway. Fear of change only holds you back.

Edited by IceStationLatic

o

We could poll everyone coming through the gate, but you could look at that as a waste of time and money to set up. Could just use what people pay to do with the choices available to them as an accurate poll.

Some people may well have said that they want to move. So when season tickets are up for renewal, they can move. They have that choice which for some reason they have never decided to make previously.

They can trial it all they want before the end of the season. But it would be a stupid thing to do if they moved fans over from the Chaddy permanently. A lot of people who sit in there won't want to move, and it could well be the straw that breaks the camels back with regards to people not renewing. The only thing I could see happening is us losing ST holders, and that is far too risky. If 100 adults from the Chaddy end decide they aren't renewing because they are being forced to move, that's 30k we'd be missing out on in the close season. That really isn't a risk worth taking.

And this is why we a club stuck in the dark ages did all the arsenal fans refuse to go when they moved from highbury ? the club is bigger than a couple of dozen fans who sit in the same seat in the chaddy something needs to change but change is something many at oldham cant embrace, a move 3 mile down the road was too much for many even though it would of been for the benefit of the club and supporters, the clubs on its arse losing fans week on week and all some fans are bothered about is sitting in a clapped out cow shed thats fit for nothing has no facilitys and zero atmosphere, I grew up in the chaddy in the early 80's through to now its been at times my second home but at some stage we have to move on.

And this is why we a club stuck in the dark ages did all the arsenal fans refuse to go when they moved from highbury ? the club is bigger than a couple of dozen fans who sit in the same seat in the chaddy something needs to change but change is something many at oldham cant embrace, a move 3 mile down the road was too much for many even though it would of been for the benefit of the club and supporters, the clubs on its arse losing fans week on week and all some fans are bothered about is sitting in a clapped out cow shed thats fit for nothing has no facilitys and zero atmosphere, I grew up in the chaddy in the early 80's through to now its been at times my second home but at some stage we have to move on.

Arsenal fans were promised that the stadium move would help them compete with the top teams in Europe, and they believed it. Since they moved to the Emirates they have won the sum total of f**k all. So I reckon they'd probably be in favour of a move backwards. Arsenal could probably afford to lose loads of fans because there would be a load more ready to pay top dollar to replace them. Which is a luxury we don't have.

Isn't it worth a risk when doing nothing evidently isn't working. Atmosphere.

Sick of metaphorically bending over and gifting the big away teams a 12th man. Sick of giving 50men and his dog the means to out-sing our home end, which they do with ease as no-one can hear us unless it's a shift in momentum on Peterborough terms!

Most importantly, judging by the way the noise carries, the players are hearing the opposition support far, far more than ours. We can continue to ignore the manager and players who say how much better support would help them - with things like 'it's our right to boo' and 'if you get results the atmosphere will follow'. But smell the coffee, when are we suddenly going to start winning every home game so we then experiment with the atmosphere, avoiding the reactive results-based reply slagging off the issue. That would never happen; people would criticise change when we were on a good run!

Different teams, different managers, same issue comes up. Meanwhile, attendances continue to dwindle, the atmosphere continues to get worse.

Something has to give. Yes the manager and players have their roles - no-one is saying moving fans will lead to 3pts every week. But plenty of people will be unhappy with either outcome anyway. Fear of change only holds you back.

Bollocks.

I'm fine with moving if it saves the club money.

The reason given for this is insulting our intelligence.

Only 24 fans sit in the Chaddy End?

They can move to the RRE before then if, since last summer, something's made them realise they've made a horrible mistake.

Or to the Main Stand, upper or paddock.

And back again.

But they don't.

But clicks on the turnstiles are an outdated representation of where people want to watch Latics, apparently.

It doesn't measure it on a "micro-level" you see.

A "micro-level".

No need to be a tosser about it, is there?

Arsenal fans were promised that the stadium move would help them compete with the top teams in Europe, and they believed it. Since they moved to the Emirates they have won the sum total of f**k all. So I reckon they'd probably be in favour of a move backwards. Arsenal could probably afford to lose loads of fans because there would be a load more ready to pay top dollar to replace them. Which is a luxury we don't have.

and thats why attendences have doubled they have an unused transfer budget of £100 million + are still competing in the champions league year on year and have one of the best facilities in the world ask any arsenal fan where they would rather be and I would say 95% + would choose the emeriates your always going to get some stuck in the dark ages dinos its just that they appear to be the majority at bp.