Crawley next week..

Thought you meant Bouzanis for a minute. :)

Get your treatment table out rudemedic, Mellor, Dayton and Turner injured playing for the reserves this afternoon. :omg:

Edited by BP1960

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Following recent discussions on social media the Club have made the decision to trial different options for seating for home supporters at points between now and the end of the season.

In anticipation of the redevelopment of the North Stand the Club recognise it is important to make the right decision as to where home fans will be located once building is complete. We would like fans to be part of that decision making process.

As a consequence, for the upcoming game against Crawley Town the Verlin Stand will be closed for home supporters. Ticket holders for the Verlin Stand are asked to sit in either the Main Stand or the Zen Office Stand for this game. The Club are pleased to announce we have obtained a licence for the sale of alcohol in the Zen Office stand.

The Club appreciates that this is not a game for which supporters would usually expect to be moved and ask for supporters' cooperation. We have made no decision at this point as to where home supporters will be located once building work on the North Stand is complete and there will be other trials in the near future. Ticket holders in all areas of the ground are kindly asked to cooperate in the coming months whilst the trials take place.

That has taken me five minutes and would surely have been less of a PR disaster than telling fans to move, then coming out with an apologetic statement, then saying 'oh yeah we meant to say you can have beer now' :wink:

That has taken me five minutes and would surely have been less of a PR disaster than telling fans to move, then coming out with an apologetic statement, then saying 'oh yeah we meant to say you can have beer now' :wink:

Bingo. Plus how come it has taken so bloody long?

No spelling fouls either. They should get you involved.

You can use some extra commas mind you. They're not :censored:ing illegal.

Edited by 24hoursfromtulsehill

What about:

- Chaddy split into two between home fans who don't want to move on one side and small away followings

- Large section of the Rocky for home fans, and if away clubs need the whole Chaddy then Latics relocate to the RRE for a game.

Win-win?

Is there only one set of men's bogs and ladies bogs in the Chaddy? Not sure if them in the lookers corner are still there. If they aren't, don't know if it would be possible to segregate the fans in the Chaddy.

The best solution would be to stop messing about fans who sit in the RRE. There's not been more than a couple of games this season where they can't have been accommodated in the small section at least. The stand is already segregated, so use it.

I can see it now. Corney and Bazza in hi-vis jackets tearing at your legs as you shuffle up to your high-rise hovel, managing only to pull to your organic pants off.

They wouldn't know I'm there. They certainly wouldn't be able to hear me building said tree house. Whilst any protest made whilst up there would be "lost in the roof" or drowned out by the "superior acoustics" of the RRE.

How much is the beer, and what is it on sale in the RRE? (Assuming it's in date).

About £3 a pint or bottle.

I Assume it'll just be bottles in the Chaddy - Stella, Becks, Heineken, Carlsberg have been available. Magners too.

Edited by HarryBosch

Crawley currently 2-1 up at home to Wolves. If they can see that out, it'll be a massive confidence boost for them coming into Saturday.

Rochdale also going top unless Chesterfield equalise, they're playing Plymouth who Shez has snuck into a playoff position if they don't concede.

Edited by PlayItLivo

I would think so, but we aren't doing so. Crawley will occupy roughly 100 seats.

FWIW I think we may need to make some improvements to comply with next season's regulations, so the cost-cutting associated with this may help with that. See http://www.football-league.co.uk/regulations/20130704/appendix-1_2293633_2128158

Didn't realise that the rules and regulations were that detailed and that specific!!

Crawley currently 2-1 up at home to Wolves. If they can see that out, it'll be a massive confidence boost for them coming into Saturday.

Rochdale also going top unless Chesterfield equalise, they're playing Plymouth who Shez has snuck into a playoff position if they don't concede.

1,589 crowd at FC United, not bad for a non league night match, they will be out supporting us soon.

6/4 is pretty good odds, I'd have had it odds on easily. Especially if the first half is a bit of a disaster.

My calculations is based on there will more ale than the crowd requiring it (about 100 bottles),

PS. I will offer live odds at half time.

Edited by BP1960