North Stand Construction Thread

2 minutes ago, ghostofcecere said:

There was a lady who asked some questions right at the beginning of the evening; I was told by someone on the night she was from the clubs solicitors ( I can’t say 100% though that she was). I think it’s a fair assumption though that the club would have had some “spies” present, based on this, surely Blitz’s solicitor would have stopped him in his tracks if he was going to put his foot in it with some untruths? 

....like the club solicitor would have at their Q&A you mean? 

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

If the property development potential hadn't been there I think we'd have gone in 2004.  

We’ll never know will we. 

I appreciate it’s Idealistic. But I think it’s incumbent on potential owners of clubs to realise the importance of the sustainability of the long term future of the club. 

Like I said, if you want to be a developer don’t do it on the back of a local community club. Plenty of other options. 

2 hours ago, ghostofcecere said:

There was a lady who asked some questions right at the beginning of the evening; I was told by someone on the night she was from the clubs solicitors ( I can’t say 100% though that she was). I think it’s a fair assumption though that the club would have had some “spies” present, based on this, surely Blitz’s solicitor would have stopped him in his tracks if he was going to put his foot in it with some untruths? 

I don't think she was. 

There was a lad there tapping away on a laptop who a few of us assumed was from the club.

He plugged it in aswell so hopefully OEC will add that leccy to the tab....  

2 hours ago, kowenicki said:

....like the club solicitor would have at their Q&A you mean? 

1 hour ago, ghostofcecere said:

Yes I’m sure they did. I’m sure both kept their clients in check.

The difference in apparent calibre & professionalism between Blitz's people and Abdallah's is striking to say the least...

53 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

The difference in apparent calibre & professionalism between Blitz's people and Abdallah's is striking to say the least...

perhaps. 

but both lawyers will believe that their clients have spoken the truth as they understand it. 

3 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

Maybe one can afford decent people and one can only afford the dregs. Wonder where else that might make itself apparent?

13 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Blitz on the Latics Podcast.

Covers a lot of what was covered at the Q & A 

https://www.revolution962.com/on-air/podcasts/all-things-latics-the-podcast/episode/all-things-latics-episode-21/

Quite informative/helpful.  Despite it not really being an interview. 

1 minute ago, HarryBosch said:

Eh?

Come on.... It was a member of the FLG asking the appropriate question of Blitz.  Brooke answered half of them himself and Blitz just kept say “correct”.   

Its not really a criticism, but I had to laugh when Brooke kept sayIng “they” and “them”, before eventually saying “I’m one of them”.

It was like matey FM.  I laughed again when one of the podcast crew said “you grilled him”.  😂.  I’d have to listen again, but I don’t recall any challenging questions about his tenure or the perceived asset stripping by some fans. 

Just now, kowenicki said:

Come on.... It was a member of the FLG asking the appropriate question of Blitz.  Brooke answered half of them himself and Blitz just kept say “correct”.   

Its not really a criticism, but I had to laugh when Brooke kept sayIng “they” and “them”, before eventually saying “I’m one of them”.

It was like matey FM.  I laughed again when one of the podcast crew said “you grilled him”.  😂.  I’d have to listen again, but I don’t recall any challenging questions about his tenure or the perceived asset stripping by some fans. 

Would it be fair to say you're a little bit weird? 

8 hours ago, League one forever said:

Absolutely bang on. 

This is what has always fucked me off about Blitz. If you’ve got money, why invest In a lower league side, knowing full well it’s very likely/inevitable you’ll lose money. But to protect yourself against that sell everything off so your investment loss is minimal and you leave the community and club poorer. Of course it’s his right. But morally I think it’s disgusting. 

How do you become a millionaire football club owner?

start off as a billionaire 

💴 

3 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

I don't think she was. 

There was a lad there tapping away on a laptop who a few of us assumed was from the club.

He plugged it in aswell so hopefully OEC will add that leccy to the tab....  

Back left of the room, blonde hair?

Walked in front of me. The guy she was with was her brother (I think). 

Might have been a Solicitor, but bearing in mind the questions her brother asked, won’t have been the clubs.

In terms of spies, Mike Halliwell was there presumably on behalf of the club. 

The guy on the laptop was media, there was a tweet on the afternoon to say someone was going 

3 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Would it be fair to say you're a little bit weird? 

Er. No more weird then any other Latics fan. 😂.  

It was hardly an Andrew Neil level interview was it. It was PR first and foremost.  Brooke (and the rest of the FLG) is working together with Blitz to bring the stadium purchase plan, it’s not a secret. It was mentioned in the “grilling”. 

Like I said, not got a problem with it, because I can see what it is. 

Just now, Theoutsider said:

Back left of the room, blonde hair?

Walked in front of me. The guy she was with was her brother (I think). 

Might have been a Solicitor, but bearing in mind the questions her brother asked, won’t have been the clubs.

In terms of spies, Mike Halliwell was there presumably on behalf of the club. 

The guy on the laptop was media, there was a tweet on the afternoon to say someone was going 

On which note; 

A1153B5F-AF07-47E5-920F-75CDBC5358DE.thumb.jpeg.06411a16d2cfc12085fa48f8fdb1f487.jpeg

Just now, kowenicki said:

It was hardly an Andrew Neil level interview was it. It was PR first and foremost.  Brooke (and the rest of the FLG) is working together with Blitz to bring the stadium purchase plan, it’s not a secret. It was mentioned in the “grilling”. 

No flies on you..... 

6 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Did you pick up how many times Blitz said “we” when talking about the proposed launch? 

He’s going to be having a share surely? 

Archived