North Stand Construction Thread

10 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Lets say this plays out with admin, and the FLG take over the running of the club.  Would increased season tickets, matchday tickets, sponsorship sales, boxes, 100club, plus non-match day revenue from the OEC not be enough to put together a squad capable of competing in league 2 next season?

Possibly although I'd say fan expectation is higher than competing in L2.

Still think you need someone with the resources to plug the gaps as and when they occur.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, singe said:

I don't tihnk it would have a budget that could compete, if that's what you meant, but I think it could mopre comfortably avoid relegation.

51 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Possibly although I'd say fan expectation is higher than competing in L2.

Still think you need someone with the resources to plug the gaps as and when they occur.

Should have added a bit of padding to my post.  At this stage, the FLG would seemingly at best be custodians of the club, bringing the ownership of everything together and running the club in a much more fan-oriented way.  With a view to being a much more attractive proposition to future owners with deeper pockets.

However, I would say that surely not all the teams at the top have money bags owners?  Eg Exeter and Crewe seem to be doing ok and they're community owned aren't they? How are they doing it?

9 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Should have added a bit of padding to my post.  At this stage, the FLG would seemingly at best be custodians of the club, bringing the ownership of everything together and running the club in a much more fan-oriented way.  With a view to being a much more attractive proposition to future owners with deeper pockets.

However, I would say that surely not all the teams at the top have money bags owners?  Eg Exeter and Crewe seem to be doing ok and they're community owned aren't they? How are they doing it?

Exeter have had a sneaky big budget for a while but they also seem to have found a way with finding good players and selling well, Ampadu, Ollie Watkins. Having an excellent manager in Tisdale no doubt helped as well.

2 hours ago, ghostofcecere said:

£4.2M for the land including the stadium and North Stand.

2 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

He wants £4.2M for the land and the stand? 🙄. Wrong. Don't reply, wasting both our times.

2 hours ago, ghostofcecere said:

Only reporting what he said last night👍🏻 

That wasn't what was said last night, was it?

He said what he was asking was more than that £4.2m figure (or whatever exactly that figure was).... 

2 hours ago, singe said:

I don't tihnk it would have a budget that could compete, if that's what you meant, but I think it could mopre comfortably avoid relegation.

Don't forget a thousand or two will come back once Abdallah has gone....

Just like those few thousand who were going to come back once Corney was gone...

Oh....

23 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Just like those few thousand who were going to come back once Corney was gone...

Oh....

I can guarantee two from Fleetwood will be renewing as soon as the bellend has departed

There is no way Blitz has been pumping money into us as some kind of secret benefactor with a soft spot for the club. He’s far to shrewd. He only helped out with North Stand because it has asset value, and he can recoup his money. He’s got little Wembley still in his back pocket if things drag on. He’s says he’s put 14 million in, I wonder how much the Clayton houses/dialysis unit/little Wembley have or will bring him?????? 

The only thing Blitz can claim is to be a better buisness man than AL. Both are morally repugnant IMO for different reasons. 

5 minutes ago, League one forever said:

There is no way Blitz has been pumping money into us as some kind of secret benefactor with a soft spot for the club. He’s far to shrewd. He only helped out with North Stand because it has asset value, and he can recoup his money. He’s got little Wembley still in his back pocket if things drag on. He’s says he’s put 14 million in, I wonder how much the Clayton houses/dialysis unit/little Wembley have or will bring him?????? 

The only thing Blitz can claim is to be a better buisness man than AL. Both are morally repugnant IMO for different reasons. 

Exactly, how many houses so far at say 35k per plot and more to come?

7 minutes ago, League one forever said:

here is no way Blitz has been pumping money into us as some kind of secret benefactor with a soft spot for the club. He’s far to shrewd.

Here is a serious investor in a football club. The numbers are eye watering.

Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich paid £247m into the club last season but it still made an overall loss of £96.6m.

2 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Here is a serious investor in a football club. The numbers are eye watering.

Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich paid £247m into the club last season but it still made an overall loss of £96.6m.

Not many like him around.

Always puzzles me though, to see a real difference to my investment I would always look to buy a smaller club and watch it blossom (in theory).

Maybe I'm just biased.

5 minutes ago, League one forever said:

There is no way Blitz has been pumping money into us as some kind of secret benefactor with a soft spot for the club. He’s far to shrewd.

The club is very closely linked to his investment in the OEC - keeping it from being even more of a basket case than it was would be quite a shrewd move...

48 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Oh....

I think the current situation is different to Corney, it feels to me like we are in freefall now where I feel Corney with his contacts etc always managed to retrieve our status (just).

With some clarity and less wrangling between all parties as to where the club is going, we would definitely see the fans come back - it only takes two/three decent results to see the gates rise and with a bit of positive news from within the club they would come back (I think)

43 minutes ago, True Tic said:

Not many like him around.

Always puzzles me though, to see a real difference to my investment I would always look to buy a smaller club and watch it blossom (in theory).

Maybe I'm just biased.

It was probably easier to get a club like Chelsea a virtual top 4 Guarantee year on year and the untold millions that come with the league position, TV money, Champions league etc than trying to get out of the Championship. He did it at arguably the right time also and is still loss making. 

Looks like the only other level where people fancy a gamble is the National league north level such as Fylde, Fleetwood, Harrogate, Salford have tried or are trying. 

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

Oh....

Difference here is the absolute die hard staunch supporters have left post AL. Only ones left are the likes of Paddy and a bunch of others who probably need their hard drives seizing.

11 minutes ago, Haribo_man said:

Looks like the only other level where people fancy a gamble is the National league north level such as Fylde, Fleetwood, Harrogate, Salford have tried or are trying. 

The thing is, I'd much rather go to Nottingham (Notts C), Stockport, Hartlepool or Chesterfield for a day out, than....Fylde, Fleetwood, Salford or Harrogate [alright, maybe not the latter].....

Selling the boxes sees crazy. Who bought them, the OEC owners ie. Blitz? Why would he? 

If Corney now owns 22%, but the shares the FLG have been offered are not part of this, then who owns them currently? Blitz doesn't seem to know of any other shareholders.

24 minutes ago, al_bro said:

Selling the boxes sees crazy. Who bought them, the OEC owners ie. Blitz? Why would he? 

If Corney now owns 22%, but the shares the FLG have been offered are not part of this, then who owns them currently? Blitz doesn't seem to know of any other shareholders.

Obviously the shares they have been offered are Corneys.

51 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

The thing is, I'd much rather go to Nottingham (Notts C), Stockport, Hartlepool or Chesterfield for a day out, than....Fylde, Fleetwood, Salford or Harrogate [alright, maybe not the latter].....

Yeah I get you, I suppose you have the hangover of dated grounds, dwindling crowds vs expectation. With the non-league teams new stands or grounds even have been built without the weight of expectation or the previous legacy. It was tried with Notts County when they brough in the likes of Sol Campbell, look how that worked out compared to where Fleetwood are now. 

1 hour ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Difference here is the absolute die hard staunch supporters have left post AL. Only ones left are the likes of Paddy and a bunch of others who probably need their hard drives seizing.

Er no. Downright offensive to supporters who have been going for donkeys years and are still there, home and away. I don’t personally get to as many away matches as many of them but reckon I can be classed as die hard. 
That doesn’t make us acolytes of AL , don’t suggest  we are to be despised. 

Archived