North Stand Construction Thread

Its too easy to just believe Blitz 

For me, last nights Q&A was the case for the prosecution.

We need to hear the case for the defence

Then the jury (our fans) can decide what they think

Personal thoughts at this stage is that there is no knight in shining armour amongst this lot though

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

What about all the land that has already been sold? Where has that money gone? Blitz is a money grabbing, vampire cunt.

As he bought the land for £4 million he is entitled to do as he pleases with it really, do you honestly think Simon Blitz has made a single penny since he saved us from extinction? I personally dont and whilst I feel he could of done things differently, particularly with regards to leaving Corney holding the baby I suspect he's subsidised us many more times since, I think in those circumstances you'd have to look at avenues to claw back some of your outlay. 

3 minutes ago, tGWB said:

Personal thoughts at this stage is that there is no knight in shining armour amongst this lot though

Your probably right but he's gone on record and been pretty open and frank, it's probably muddied the waters even further and opened other cans of worms but the only solution to all this is to get it all out.

7 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

As he bought the land for £4 million he is entitled to do as he pleases with it really, do you honestly think Simon Blitz has made a single penny since he saved us from extinction? I personally dont and whilst I feel he could of done things differently, particularly with regards to leaving Corney holding the baby I suspect he's subsidised us many more times since, I think in those circumstances you'd have to look at avenues to claw back some of your outlay. 

If you buy something for one price in an inflated market. Then sell bits of it off, then expect the same price for half of the product, in a deflated market, then you are intending solely to make money. Whether you have or not is moot.

To sit and preach about the club and land and stand should all be one when you are the actual cunt responsible for it is some of the worst Cuntmanship lve ever been forced to read.

The Guy is a Cunt.

Blitz is businessman first & foremost but definitely has the club at heart. He could fold the club in a heartbeat, (Gazal would 100%) and when he says he wants the fans to own the stadium and keep the football club in the town I believe him!

28 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

FLG would need to be able to meet the running costs for the rest of the season - although presumably all OEC proceeds would then be coming into the club which should make that easier. 

Not a sniff they could fund us to the end of the season without us losing more points etc 

23 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

From the figures he showed last night, if he gets his £4.2M back From the North Stand and land, then he’s lost around £9.8M on Latics since 2003.

13 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Not a sniff they could fund us to the end of the season without us losing more points etc 

If that is the case and further deductions lead to relegation BUT with a clean slate and virtually the whole squad of shite off the books by the summer, would this be preferrable to where we'll likely be under AL, ML and BO?

58 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Corney= Lying asset stripping admin cunt.

Blitz= Asset stripping cunt.

Gazal= Asset stripping cunt.

AL= Naive, attitude problem, shit players cunt.

ML= Flat cap know nowt cunt.

BO= The cunt of all cunts.

The asset had been stripped before TTA arrived.

12 minutes ago, ghostofcecere said:

From the figures he showed last night, if he gets his £4.2M back From the North Stand and land, then he’s lost around £9.8M on Latics since 2003.

Correct, what many fans dont get is when Corney was going around telling and showing everyone he was bankrolling us it was bollocks, Blitz has always been the money man, saved our bacon on plenty of occasions, maybe he has kept a record of it or wanted assets secured against the debt away from the football club but that is just being sensible otherwise he'd end up getting knocked for the best part of £15 million with no recourse, that £6 million stand didn't build itself and Corney and the football club certainly didn't fund the majority of the build, neither did the council for that matter.

As I have already stated Blitz could of done better for us by making sure we were passed on to a person who'd have the clubs best interests at heart, he probably regrets funding the OEC now as it is a bit of a white elephant if truth be told and cost a lot more than it is effectively worth, but we are where we are and he's obviously keen to find a solution to the mess Corney put us in, ironically the stand sold to us as the saviour could well be the thing that kills us.

5 minutes ago, ghostofcecere said:

The asset had been stripped before TTA arrived.

Thanks for that pointless reply. There was me remembering that already, whilst also remembering that they bought it back but kept it for themselves under a different company, whilst making out they were saving the day 🙄.

10 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Correct, what many fans dont get is when Corney was going around telling and showing everyone he was bankrolling us it was bollocks, Blitz has always been the money man, saved our bacon on plenty of occasions, maybe he has kept a record of it or wanted assets secured against the debt away from the football club but that is just being sensible otherwise he'd end up getting knocked for the best part of £15 million with no recourse, that £6 million stand didn't build itself and Corney and the football club certainly didn't fund the majority of the build, neither did the council for that matter.

As I have already stated Blitz could of done better for us by making sure we were passed on to a person who'd have the clubs best interests at heart, he probably regrets funding the OEC now as it is a bit of a white elephant if truth be told and cost a lot more than it is effectively worth, but we are where we are and he's obviously keen to find a solution to the mess Corney put us in, ironically the stand sold to us as the saviour could well be the thing that kills us.

Don’t know if you were there last night or not, but he basically said that it was a mistake on a personal level getting involved with the North Stand, but the North Stand was a good thing in terms of the long term future of Oldham Athletic.

Just now, tGWB said:

We heard the defence case at the forum. Blitz says it's nonsense 

6 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Thanks for that pointless reply. There was me remembering that already, whilst also remembering that they bought it back but kept it for themselves under a different company, whilst making out they were saving the day 🙄.

Why the aggression?? So they didn’t strip anything from the club then did they? It was already stripped.

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

League payments would cover this season, beyond that obviously someone else would be needed.

Very true because if there is no change to the status quo I can see the club somehow having to operate on sub 2000 crowds which given our squad size is unsustainable and that's before you attempt to move on the 90% of players we don't want or need.

19 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

League payments would cover this season, beyond that obviously someone else would be needed.

Lets say this plays out with admin, and the FLG take over the running of the club.  Would increased season tickets, matchday tickets, sponsorship sales, boxes, 100club, plus non-match day revenue from the OEC not be enough to put together a squad capable of competing in league 2 next season?

6 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Lets say this plays out with admin, and the FLG take over the running of the club.  Would increased season tickets, matchday tickets, sponsorship sales, boxes, 100club, plus non-match day revenue from the OEC not be enough to put together a squad capable of competing in league 2 next season?

I don't tihnk it would have a budget that could compete, if that's what you meant, but I think it could mopre comfortably avoid relegation.

Archived