Super point!

Harkins was virtually anonymous, although got taken out when clean through in the second half.

JCH fluffed his lines a couple of times in the first half, and Philliskirk should have done far far better from the edge of the box after selling his man a big dummy.

Missed their goal as per. Second half was relatively even, Rachubka saving excellently from Cuthbert and MacDonald contriving to miss two sitters. Should've gone down for one of them. It would have been a definite penalty.

Finally, I'm not having it that Korey Smith shot. It was a big up-and-under after they half-cleared the ball; their keeper clearly thought he'd put too much on it.

Big up to Lockwood and Wilson who looked very steady as well.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously Millar made all the difference or was it that they brought on Robbie Simpson?

Brilliant result. Just 7 from 7 - I did think 46 might do it but it is all closing up so now I think 50 will just do given our goal difference. We will need something at Bradford or Carlisle.

Blaming Simpson here.

http://leytonorientforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=17799

They also want Slade out and think Korey was the best player by a country mile.

That appears to be more accurate than the BBC who said that Latics struggled throughout. Their very own stats suggest otherwise. And Korey Smith "chipped the keeper"? With a long distance thumper? Who writes this stuff?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/26623431

Somebody who did not watch the match, more than likely.

A well-deserved point, which could prove to be extremely valuable, come the season's end.

It was Wes who played higher up more often, he was harassing their holding midfielder as much as sitting. Korey did take the ball forward well though. We were well worth a point. Worth 3 easily with better finishing. Brown, Wirral and Lockwood did well also I thought. We created despite Harkins not getting involved as much as he would have liked.

I didn't go (well done though) and Wes always plays higher up than Korey but I don't think that he should, since Korey produces a lot more constructively.

I didn't go (well done though) and Wes always plays higher up than Korey but I don't think that he should, since Korey produces a lot more constructively.

But Wes has double the number of goals? Plus his runs in the channels have been instrumental in a number of goals? Korey is the better passer, but Wes is the more willing runner. I think from what I saw on Saturday the system of having Korey sit but with licence to go forward and Wes with more licence to go forward but if Korey goes forward Wes drops back, works.

But Wes has double the number of goals? Plus his runs in the channels have been instrumental in a number of goals? Korey is the better passer, but Wes is the more willing runner. I think from what I saw on Saturday the system of having Korey sit but with licence to go forward and Wes with more licence to go forward but if Korey goes forward Wes drops back, works.

That is how it is supposed to work in all midfields, but it hasn't been doing so far in our midfield. I would expect 6 to 8 goals a season from Korey in a decent team!

Plus Philly has been dragged back to help out our midfield in the last 2 games, hence isolating the striker unless Harkins in on form!

That is how it is supposed to work in all midfields, but it hasn't been doing so far in our midfield. I would expect 6 to 8 goals a season from Korey in a decent team!

More than that. He can score goals, and great goals at that, on the rare occasions he adds (or is allowed to add?) a bit of adventure to his game.

I wonder if that applied to Furman too.

I think that was more Furman's natural game, especially considering Wesolowski played much deeper alongside him than he does now and Furman was still that unadventurous.

That's my main gripe with Smith, or Johnson's use of Smith - to me he's a Kilkenny style player playing in a Furman like manner.

Edited by HarryBosch

A couple of Orient on the tube saying "That number 8 bloke is one of the best midfielders I've seen at Brisbane Rd this year"

They obviously know their football then, just wait until next year if we can get some decent players alongside him-If we manage to keep him, of course!

Player of the Season for me by a mile-and he hasn't even had a great season!

They obviously know their football then, just wait until next year if we can get some decent players alongside him-If we manage to keep him, of course!

Player of the Season for me by a mile-and he hasn't even had a great season!

I like Korey,but to say he's been our Player of the Season by a mile is quite an exaggeration.

I really think Korey's problem is the players around him. LJ said much earlier in the season that others needed to step up and not expect him to do everything for us. Make the runs and he'll pass it, it was like an exhibition last night. He's been running into dead ends and turning back to hold the ball because there's nothing better on, probably he was meant to be feeding the two high up the field wingers who we don't have any more. If he could release to them he could get up, when he's passing to Connor Brown in our half he should probably hang back a bit

I really think Korey's problem is the players around him. LJ said much earlier in the season that others needed to step up and not expect him to do everything for us. Make the runs and he'll pass it, it was like an exhibition last night. He's been running into dead ends and turning back to hold the ball because there's nothing better on, probably he was meant to be feeding the two high up the field wingers who we don't have any more. If he could release to them he could get up, when he's passing to Connor Brown in our half he should probably hang back a bit

I hope you're right